Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#315821 - 02/15/05 09:39 PM Re: !!!!!!!!!Free Tax Software and E-Filing!!!!!!!!
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

I would question that large of a return, even if you're in the upper income levels.

You know, when I first started monitoring bank employee accounts, I thought the same thing. But some people have always withheld for zero dependents, or have credits for childcare and part time schooling. I am surprised every February by these huge refunds.

Generally, the people with the highest refunds are not the people with the highest incomes.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#315822 - 02/16/05 04:21 AM Re: !!!!!!!!!Free Tax Software and E-Filing!!!!!!!!
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Jennyfromtheblock where ya been

Saphire, I do free taxes for people in your category. You should check out your local VITA site. You can get back $4,100.

Return to Top
#315823 - 02/16/05 01:18 PM You get what you pay for
Anonymous
Unregistered

Saphire,

You are doing the right thing. It sounds like you will trade your dollars for time with your family and are willing to pay a professional for their expertise. Nothing wrong with that.

I too pay to have my taxes done simply because I don't want to sit around trying to figure out if I actually did things right and took advantage of all the credits available. I don't shop for discount dentist or physicians either

Remeber this is a chat room and there's no way to know if paying to e-file is best for everyone. Do what's best for you and yours and get on with life....

Gotta go

Return to Top
#315824 - 02/16/05 03:45 PM Re: You get what you pay for
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
well, $100 is a small price to pay when it normally would cost me about $500. I live in a town where the prices for everything is high. I highly doubt that in a greedy town, there would be someone willing to do my taxes for free, unless they were a good friend. I'm working on my degree in accounting, so maybe someday, I'll be able to do my own. Thanks for the tip KC

Return to Top
#315825 - 02/16/05 07:02 PM Re: !!!!!!!!!Free Tax Software and E-Filing!!!!!!!!
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
Quote:

Jennyfromtheblock where ya been

I've been lurking a lot, not much time to post. I am taking classes right now and working a lot of hours....oh and the IT Security guy is always asking me questions about what I am doing on BOL. He is so paranoid!

Anyway, glad to be back.

Return to Top
#315826 - 02/17/05 03:23 AM Re: !!!!!!!!!Free Tax Software and E-Filing!!!!!!!!
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Saphire, when you get your degree, you will be able to be a volunteer and help those less fortunate

Jenny, tell that IT guy to check out the IT section of BOL and leave you alone.

Return to Top
#315827 - 02/18/05 12:11 AM Re: !!!!!!!!!Free Tax Software and E-Filing!!!!!!!!
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Thanks KC. I plan on it, not to mention I plan on doing my own, so that will save me about $100 a year. I could always use $1 much less $100

Return to Top
#315828 - 02/18/05 05:47 PM Re: !!!!!!!!!Free Tax Software and E-Filing!!!!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

We bought the Turbo tax with State and it only cost us $14.95 to e file and then you fill out the rebate card and get your money back!!!

Return to Top
#315829 - 02/18/05 06:25 PM Re: !!!!!!!!!Free Tax Software and E-Filing!!!!!!!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I just filed with Turbo Tax at no cost for the web based software or the e-filing. If you do this, you must remember that when you are ready to e-file that you enter the software makers website through the IRS website. On the Turbo Tax site, there was a water mark in the background that said something like "Free Filing." If you do not see that, you will be charged $19.95 for the e-filing.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2