Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#318188 - 02/17/05 09:41 PM Verifying ownership when using stock as collateral
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there an FDIC requirement to conduct a stock ownership search to ensure loans are not being secured by stolen stock certificates? If so, does anyone know where I can find it?

Is there also a requirement that we maintain an agreement with a stock ownership verification service even if we do not use the service? Again, if anyone can point me in a research direction, I'd appreciate it.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#318189 - 02/17/05 10:40 PM Re: Verifying ownership when using stock as collateral
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
There sure used to be. It's been a long time since I wore that hat. If you don't get the answer by tomorrow I will e a buddy of mine in the Memphis RO and get the exact cite for you.

Return to Top
#318190 - 02/17/05 11:02 PM Re: Verifying ownership when using stock as collateral
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
In another life, we had to perform a "Lost and Stolen Securities Inquiry" with the SEC whenever a loan was secured by stocks/securities that had a CUSIP number and the value of them was more than $10,000. There were three exemptions (received them directly from the issuer or issuing agent, received them from another reporting institution or FRB or received them from a customer who had previous stock secured loans with us).

I have no idea what the cite is for this - perhaps if Magic Banker reads this he can tell us.

Return to Top
#318191 - 02/17/05 11:25 PM Re: Verifying ownership when using stock as collateral
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#318192 - 02/17/05 11:32 PM Re: Verifying ownership when using stock as collateral
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Thank you kaybee

Return to Top
#318193 - 02/18/05 12:57 PM Re: Verifying ownership when using stock as collateral
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks!

Return to Top
#318194 - 02/18/05 01:16 PM Re: Verifying ownership when using stock as collateral
Anonymous
Unregistered

That thanks was me...Thanks again.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z