Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#318859 - 02/19/05 06:35 PM REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Anonymous
Unregistered

my wife has become very interested in nudism and wants to take a long weekend at a camp. I'm not a prude, but i'm having a hard time with it. at times the idea appeals to me, others not . Either way, It really doesn't look like I'm going to have a choice.

Anyone have any advice?

Return to Top
#318860 - 02/19/05 09:57 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Jay Bruce Offline
Platinum Poster
Jay Bruce
The New Loft Chamber
My advice (from a Christian perspective)…strive to preserve the sanctity and purity of your marriage. The intimacy of your bodies is a gift you give to one another, not to be shared with others.

"Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband." 1 Corinthians 7:3

"A man in a kilt is a man and a half!"

Return to Top
#318861 - 02/20/05 12:27 AM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a note: I know a couple who went to a camp - they ended up in someone else's video. Be careful if you go. I never would!

Return to Top
#318862 - 02/20/05 01:54 AM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Anonymous
Unregistered

Being the suspicious person that I am, I would wonder who turned her on to (no pun intended)nudism.

You certainly have a difficult situation, probably with no right answer as far as your wife is concerned.

Fortunately for me my wife would never think of doing anything like this. The shape our bodies are in we would probably be expelled from the camp.

Return to Top
#318863 - 02/20/05 03:06 AM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is something you need to discuss with a professional therapist, and you both should go. I don't know anything about the practice of nudity or nudist camps, but a professional is needed to look at the bigger picture of what is going on in your marriage.

Return to Top
#318864 - 02/21/05 08:43 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
You always have a choice.

Return to Top
#318865 - 02/21/05 09:14 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Ditto @ Creditcop. If my hubby had a NEED to go to a nudist camp, first of all he'd be going alone, and secondly I am not sure I would be home when he got back. I am not saying I would divorce him, because I am a catholic and I love him. I would make him get help before I came home. I think it's very suspicious that she feels a need to express herself in that way.

Return to Top
#318866 - 02/22/05 02:31 AM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Also as I understand the nudist camp philosophy, they do not want anyone there who would be uncomfortable. So your wife would violate not only YOUR values, but the values of the camp as well.

Ask why she has to be so disruptive and inconsiderate of everyone else!

Return to Top
#318867 - 02/22/05 02:40 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

i'm having a hard time with it

Pun notwithstanding, I'd have a heart to heart with her about this. Is this something out fo the blue, or has she always felt this way? Not knowing your wife's personality, is she a free spirit? Conservative? Liberal? What is her upbringing? There is a nudist camp about 20 miles from where I live, and from what I've heard, most of the people attending should have clothes on.

It is the tenet of the nudist colonies that they are about no clothing, it is not about sex. Many consider themselves to be family oriented, and bring their children and grandchildren. (I watch way too much Travel Channel) You might want to find if they allow partners to wear clothing, as some do.

Bottom line, you're married to her, you need to talk to her.

Return to Top
#318868 - 02/22/05 04:43 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you practice nudity at home? If you are not comfortable parading around nude at home, why would you want to attend a camp full of unknown people who are all nude?

Many people practice nudity and are very comfortable with it. Europeans are much more willing to expose themselves than Americans. The saunas in the scandavian countries are mixed gender and all nude. It's not a sin to take your clothes off.

If you are uncomfortable about it you have to discuss it with your wife. She may have read about it in a book or magazine article and thought it may be a newd experience. Keep the communication lines open.

Return to Top
#318869 - 02/22/05 05:22 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Quote:

She may have read about it in a book or magazine article and thought it may be a newd experience. Keep the communication lines open.

Was that a fraudian slip???

Return to Top
#318870 - 02/22/05 05:51 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

my wife has become very interested in nudism and wants to take a long weekend at a camp. I'm not a prude, but i'm having a hard time with it. at times the idea appeals to me, others not . Either way, It really doesn't look like I'm going to have a choice.

Anyone have any advice?

I smell a rat.

Return to Top
#318871 - 02/22/05 08:43 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Bankster Offline
Gold Star
Midwest
The idea is more like; good thought, bad reality.

Return to Top
#318872 - 02/22/05 09:48 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
beaten blind Offline
Gold Star
the Bat Cave
A co-worker brought back some pictures of a nude beach he had visited on a cruise. Believe me, according to the pictures, the only people that frequent nude beaches (or other venues for that matter) are people you DON'T want to see naked!!!

Return to Top
#318873 - 02/24/05 07:04 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Quote:

Anyone have any advice?

You always have a choice.

Return to Top
#318874 - 02/24/05 09:11 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
MountainMan Offline
100 Club
MountainMan
Colorado & Nebraska
"The bottom line..." Interesting phrase....

Return to Top
#318875 - 02/24/05 11:05 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
That Guy Offline
Platinum Poster
That Guy
Sit down and talk it out. Don't believe some of the people on here either, they seem to think that because she wants to do this that there is something wrong with your marriage or she’s up to something no good. By assuming something like that you may end up doing a lot of damage to your marriage. Just find out why she wants to do it, tell her your concerns, etc. Maybe comprise and go take a vacation in Europe or even Miami to one of topless beaches.

Return to Top
#318876 - 02/25/05 03:06 AM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Anonymous
Unregistered

Look, I can't tell you whether you should go this time. So, go on the trip. Take lots of pictures. Send me all the pictures you take of your wife and by looking at those pictures, I will be able to tell whether you should go next time.

Return to Top
#318877 - 02/25/05 07:31 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Anonymous
Unregistered

ROLF

Return to Top
#318878 - 02/25/05 07:32 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oops! ROFL

Return to Top
#318879 - 02/25/05 08:56 PM Re: REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE SUBJECT........
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rodney Dangerfield: I was tired one night and I went to the bar to have a few drinks. The bartender asked me, "What'll you have?" I said, "Surprise me." He showed me a naked picture of my wife.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett