Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#3197 - 07/24/01 05:06 PM CRA Exam Schedules
Jan94 Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
Can someone give me the reference where it explains when banks can be examined for CRA based on their rating (i.e. banks with a satisfactory may be examined every 18 months etc.)? I know I have read it, but can't put my hands on it. I couldn't find it in the FDIC exam procedures. Thank you.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#3198 - 07/24/01 07:45 PM Re: CRA Exam Schedules
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
For small banks, it's found in GLB:

> > SEC. 809. SMALL BANK REGULATORY RELIEF.
(a) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c), any regulated financial institution with aggregate assets of not more than $250,000,000 shall be subject to routine examination under this title--
(1) not more than once every 60 months for an institution that has achieved a rating of `outstanding record of meeting community credit needs' at its most recent examination under section 804;
(2) not more than once every 48 months for an institution that has received a rating of `satisfactory record of meeting community credit needs' at its most recent examination under section 804;
and(3) as deemed necessary by the appropriate Federal financial supervisory agency, for an institution that has received a rating of less than `satisfactory record of meeting community credit needs' at its most recent examination under section 804.

Return to Top
#3199 - 07/24/01 08:10 PM Re: CRA Exam Schedules
Jan94 Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
That was it! Thanks so much.

Return to Top