Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#323145 - 02/28/05 02:37 PM HMDA and BUSINESS LINE OF CREDIT
ckme Offline
Gold Star
ckme
I find myself losing confidence in the final hour. A business revolving line of credit is secured by an apartment, a second mtg, etc. - was never reported as HMDA before. Now in 2004 it is renewed. Because it is a dwelling secured loan being replaced by a dwelling secured loan it should be reported, but because it is a revolving line of credit should it not be. If the line of credit was being put on payments with the same collateral would it be reported?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#323146 - 02/28/05 02:46 PM Re: HMDA and BUSINESS LINE OF CREDIT
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
There are a couple of issues here. Does your bank report HELOCs? If you have chosen not to report these, then you wouldn't report business lines either.

Also, a renewal by definition is not the same as a refinance. If you closed out the initial line of credit and paid it off with a new line of credit - that would be a refinance. If your customer signed documentation to 'renew' the loan and everything stayed the same (i.e. lona number, original date, etc.) that is a renewal. Renewals are not HMDA reportable.

Return to Top
#323147 - 02/28/05 04:43 PM Re: HMDA and BUSINESS LINE OF CREDIT
ckme Offline
Gold Star
ckme
sorry for being unclear.

It was a 12 month revolving line of credit. We will renew it with a new promissory note, loan number, and pledge of the dwelling.

Return to Top
#323148 - 02/28/05 04:57 PM Re: HMDA and BUSINESS LINE OF CREDIT
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
As long as it remains a LOC it would still be exempt, unless you report LOCs. If the new promissory note is actually replacing and satisfying the existing note, and you are putting it on a closed end payout agreement , then you now have a refinancing and it would be reportable.

Return to Top
#323149 - 02/28/05 04:59 PM Re: HMDA and BUSINESS LINE OF CREDIT
Anonymous
Unregistered

thank you

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z