BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 139 of 162 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 161 162
Thread Options
#328753 - 06/22/06 01:46 PM Re: Dating Troubles
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
The real travesty of this is that the HR dept let themselves get manipulated thus. I would hope they would be above that kind of pettiness. As for the ex best friend. Let the air out of her tires.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#328754 - 06/22/06 01:54 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, it sucks that it had to happen like this but I dont regret it because if it didnt happen now it probably would have happened later so it was well worth it... And it definitely could have been much worse, I could have lost my friend and then things could have not worked out with this girl either so I can't complain.

-=ThePaul=-

Return to Top
#328755 - 06/22/06 01:56 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, X... I really didnt expect that from the girl in HR, she is usually very good at seperating her personal relationships from her work and I was also pretty good friends with her- But who knows what skewed version of the story she was told...

-=ThePaul=-

Return to Top
#328756 - 06/22/06 02:01 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh and another thing... They transferred her to another branch before even checking to see if we really were dating by talking to either of us. After being told by my ex-BF that we were dating my manager was immediately called and told that she had to be transferred because of it.

-=The Paul=-

Return to Top
#328757 - 06/23/06 03:57 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
hey, so seeing as hwo this is the dating thread, i feel the need to share my personal victory with y'all...

last night soem coworkers and i went out for happy hour and the bartender was supercute- tall, dark hair, tanned, nice face... anyway, i was chatting with him and was totally wishign he would ask me out--i mean, he was shwoing interest. anyway, i got up to nerve to ask if he was single, and he smiled, leaned on the bar and said yes. so then i said, if i left you my number, woudl you use it? and he said definitely!!! go me! so, that's about the second tiem EVER that i have hit on a guy... yay!

Return to Top
#328758 - 06/23/06 03:58 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Thats fantastic Dip - go get him!!
So...what are the calling him plans???

Return to Top
#328759 - 06/23/06 04:05 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
nope, i only left my number. he was so cute though, he got all smiley when i asked him if i could give him my number, and when i gave it to him, he felt the need to tell me his parents are in town from florida this weekend so he wont havr time to go out, but he will certianly call me to say hi and make plans for later :-) in any case, i wasnt rejected, so i'm happy

Return to Top
#328760 - 06/23/06 04:07 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Well look at ya go Dip... Maybe I should drink a few and then I could loosen up enough to jump on out and take the risk... LOL...

Return to Top
#328761 - 06/27/06 01:22 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Ok J, I actually watched the show you've been talking about... I was in the back hanging up clothes and I heard it come on...so I ran back to the living room and watched... So.. what's your thoughts for today?

Return to Top
#328762 - 06/27/06 01:29 PM Re: Dating Troubles
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
I did not realize it was on, so I missed a good deal of it. Evidently, it was Valentine's Day and some of the girls had dates.
Michelle the Ice Queen is hopeless, she is way too busy and cynical. If you are going to be like that you better be hot and she is not.
Anne I think over exaggerated her lack of ability to ice skate to seem vulnerable so the big man could help her. I hate this tactic. Plus she is still dating two guys.
I didn't really see what happened with Kris or Alisa.

Return to Top
#328763 - 06/27/06 01:37 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

I did not realize it was on, so I missed a good deal of it. Evidently, it was Valentine's Day and some of the girls had dates.
Michelle the Ice Queen is hopeless, she is way too busy and cynical. If you are going to be like that you better be hot and she is not.
Anne I think over exaggerated her lack of ability to ice skate to seem vulnerable so the big man could help her. I hate this tactic. Plus she is still dating two guys.
I didn't really see what happened with Kris or Alisa.

Last night was my first night...so let me see if I get the names right... Kris... went out with Josh... and seems they really like each other... and I'm assuming Alisa is the one who had went out with the one guy who when she was trying to tell him how she felt at the end of their date... he just busted in with a kiss... if that's the right one... they too seemed to be very happy and enjoying themselves. I know they sat Kris down and explained to her that she needed to narrow her selection.. that she spends way to much time with guys she's not interested in... and they gave her a few pointers on how to escape the ones she's just not interested in. Also they had a question time for the guys... the gals all wrote down their questions... they went into a bowl and then each gal drew a card and asked a question.

Return to Top
#328764 - 06/27/06 01:55 PM Re: Dating Troubles
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
What were the tips for "losing" the extras to Kris?

Return to Top
#328765 - 06/27/06 02:04 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

What were the tips for "losing" the extras to Kris?

To say I gotta mingle and also oh I see my friend over there I need to go and speak with her.

Return to Top
#328766 - 06/27/06 02:07 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol, if she's gonna say she sees her friend and needs to go speak with her she might as well just say "I'm trying to think of a reason to get away from you but this is the best I could do" because that line would be REALLY obvious.

-=ThePaul=-

Return to Top
#328767 - 06/27/06 02:09 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

lol, if she's gonna say she sees her friend and needs to go speak with her she might as well just say "I'm trying to think of a reason to get away from you but this is the best I could do" because that line would be REALLY obvious.

-=ThePaul=-

It's the line they told her to use.

Return to Top
#328768 - 06/27/06 02:09 PM Re: Dating Troubles
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
at least I have never had that happen.

Return to Top
#328769 - 06/27/06 02:09 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

at least I have never had that happen.

Well then... just think.. you're doing something right...

Return to Top
#328770 - 06/27/06 02:20 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know its the line they told her to use, I was just saying that they gave her a really bad line because its not subtle at all. If she's gonna use such a bad line she might as well just tell them flat out that she is not interested.

And yeah, I've never gotten that line either... I just get bitched at by my friend who's watching me talk to the girl instead lol

-=ThePaul=-

Return to Top
#328771 - 06/27/06 03:21 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I know its the line they told her to use, I was just saying that they gave her a really bad line because its not subtle at all. If she's gonna use such a bad line she might as well just tell them flat out that she is not interested.

And yeah, I've never gotten that line either... I just get bitched at by my friend who's watching me talk to the girl instead lol

-=ThePaul=-

It all depends on how the line is delivered. "Excuse me a moment, I just saw a good friend that I haven't seen in quite some time. I'm just going to say hello."

Return to Top
#328772 - 06/27/06 03:27 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

-=ThePaul=-

It all depends on how the line is delivered. "Excuse me a moment, I just saw a good friend that I haven't seen in quite some time. I'm just going to say hello."

But then how do you feel when she doesn't return? As this is the point of her using this "excuse" to break and run from him.

Return to Top
#328773 - 06/27/06 03:50 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

-=ThePaul=-

But then how do you feel when she doesn't return? As this is the point of her using this "excuse" to break and run from him.

It is still a lot more polite than saying dude, you smell bad and your momma dresses you funny. Take a hike!

Return to Top
#328774 - 06/27/06 03:53 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
I just tell guys, "I'm sorry but I'm not interested." or "I'm sorry but I'm just hanging out with the girls tonight." It's honest and most guys appreciate it...and some just keep trying! Silly boys.

Return to Top
#328775 - 06/27/06 03:54 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think we need to create an international code word or phrase that everyone can use to let someone know they are not interested without having to say so... How about "I have to go, my monkey is hungry and needs help peeling bananas". I'm pretty sure no one is going to confuse that with a REAL reason to leave

-=ThePaul=-

Return to Top
#328776 - 06/27/06 03:54 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I just tell guys, "I'm sorry but I'm not interested." or "I'm sorry but I'm just hanging out with the girls tonight." It's honest and most guys appreciate it...and some just keep trying! Silly boys.

I find that a better answer! Honesty is good.

Return to Top
#328777 - 06/27/06 03:57 PM Re: Dating Troubles
Anonymous
Unregistered

What Dip said works too, I'd rather a girl tell me that than give me some BS... If a guy is willing to take the risk in the first place, he should be ready to handle rejection and probably already has before. You'll actually be doing him a favor and saving him time so that he can move on to the next one that might really be interested.

-=ThePaul=-

Return to Top
Page 139 of 162 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 161 162