BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#329876 - 03/07/05 03:00 PM Monk's "assistant"
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Does anyone like the new assistant on Monk, the one who replaced Sharona? I just don't think she works as well as Bitty Schram...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#329877 - 03/07/05 05:04 PM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
She is good. It is a bit different, but I think these last shows were as good a caliber as the others, better than some from the second season.

From what I read, the problem was a request to renegotiate her contract for more $. So they let her go.

And not to hijack the thread, but am I wrong or was the mother of the kidnapped violinist in the season finale Tony Shalhoub's real wife?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#329878 - 03/07/05 05:07 PM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Possible, but I didn't see that one, yet. I have seen another actor appear twice, the one with the baseball (the murderer), and I cannot remember the other one...

Return to Top
#329879 - 03/07/05 06:17 PM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
Really??? And I really like the new assistant. It is very different, but I think they've done a good job making it a good fit.

Return to Top
#329880 - 03/07/05 06:41 PM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
I have to agree with Andy Z - the last few episodes have been as good as the first season. I think it just took awhile for both the actress and the writers to figure out this new character.

Return to Top
#329881 - 03/07/05 06:54 PM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I guess I'll have to check it out again, I only saw the first two the the new gal in it. Glad to know that the show didn't go to pot, though...

My son loves the show, and I think it is good for him, he is paying a lot more attention to detail.

(He's starting to do Monkisms... And he has a perpetual earworm with "It's a Jungle Out There"! )

Return to Top
#329882 - 03/07/05 07:58 PM Re: Monk's "assistant"
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I really like the new gal. She stands up to him instead of babying him.

Did anyone else cry watching the last show? I can't believe the season is over already.

Return to Top
#329883 - 03/07/05 08:31 PM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Happy Trails Offline
Northern Calif
I don't know about her being Tony's wife in real life, Andy, but I was thinking she was once the actress that played the love interest in "Superman" with Christopher Reeve many years ago. Anybody else recognize her?

Return to Top
#329884 - 03/07/05 09:43 PM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Anonymous
Unregistered

I saw the last few minutes about the kidnapped violinist. I didn't see the possible Mrs. Shalhoub but that kid, Tommy!?!? I couldn't belive how well he interacted with Tony. I thought sure that had to be his own son to give him such kisses at the end of the show.
On another note, anybody remember Sharona from "There's no crying in baseball!"

Return to Top
#329885 - 03/08/05 12:24 AM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
No. The Superman Lois Lane was Margot Kidder.

Brooke Adams is his real life wife and I didn't realize she'd done two other episodes.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#329886 - 03/08/05 01:23 PM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Was she the security officer at the hotel on the "vacation" one?

Return to Top
#329887 - 03/08/05 03:18 PM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
The best part to me about the new actress/assistant is the fact that she is forcing Monk to take a lot more control of his life. Unlike Sharona, she refuses to simply accept his quirks and puts him in more situations for him to grow and overcome some of his problems. This is good for the show and offers a lot more room for character development.

I absolutely LOVED the recent episode Monk and the Little Boy where Monk almost takes a foster child in full time before openly admitting that while he loves the kid (who is just like him), he can barely take care of himself and thus the kid deserves more. You can almost see him making the decision in his head to do better at taking care of himself in this one, and he made great strides.

Return to Top
#329888 - 03/08/05 04:34 PM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

Was she the security officer at the hotel on the "vacation" one?

No. That wasn't her. And while many of the phobias Monk has seem to come and go, the basic idea is that it is entertaining. I know like it.

Return to Top
#329889 - 01/02/06 03:14 AM Re: Monk's "assistant"
Glo Offline
Gold Star
Arkansas
No, I don't like her. Sharona helped make the show!

Return to Top
#329890 - 01/03/06 08:31 AM Re: Monk's "assistant"
flaire Offline
100 Club
flaire
sw us
Sharona always reminded me of the nun in the Father Dowling mysteries (different actress, same attitude). Although I don't like the new assistant as much - she doesn't have the same hutzpah as Sharona did - I do like the direction that the show is going in. More interaction with his family, his past and his future. I think the movement is good, overall.

Return to Top