Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#3298 - 07/27/01 06:23 PM Weblinking
Joanne Brewe Offline
New Poster
Ottawa, IL 61350
With regard to OCC Bulletin 2001-31, Weblinking, is there any 'exact wording' that we have to use to make our customers aware that they are leaving our website and going to a webiste that is linked with ours, for example, Deluxe Check Printers? Also, what type of wording could we use to say that we, the bank, do not endorse any product that we might have a link to?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#3299 - 07/27/01 07:49 PM Re: Weblinking
1 Peter 5:7 Offline
Diamond Poster
1 Peter 5:7
TX
If we can trust our regulators to do as they say, the following language right from the FFIEC website may help us:

"You are leaving the FFIEC's Web site.

The Web site you have selected is an external one located on another server. The FFIEC has no responsibility for any external Web site. It neither endorses the information, content, presentation, or accuracy nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding any external site.

Thank you for visiting the FFIEC's Web site.

[buttons] OK CANCEL"

[This message has been edited by Ken Holmes (edited 07-27-2001).]

Return to Top
#3300 - 07/30/01 02:53 PM Re: Weblinking
Lucy Griffin Offline

Diamond Poster
Lucy Griffin
It's a good idea to copy the regulators. Also, look at the graphics. I mention this as a person more likely to notice text than buttons. On the Internet, the visual presentation can be as important as the language. You might also check some Web retailers. Go into an order form and then go back to the catalogue area. You should get a security warning when you do that. When you finish the research, choose the language and format you found most effective.

Return to Top