Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#33018 - 09/17/02 03:09 PM Website examples
SusyG Offline
100 Club
Can anyone point me to a bank website that accepts mortgage applications and discloses correctly? I have found them to be very few and far between.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#33019 - 09/17/02 03:40 PM Re: Website examples
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
We accept applications, and (I hope we) disclose correctly. Go to:

http://www.fremontbank.com

To get the disclosures, you have to begin the application process. Please indicate "test" as your last name as you will abort the process at some point. A few fields have required numeric input (5 digits for zip, 9 for SSN & 10 for phone), but most only require 1 character to continue. The last screen is the Application Fee Agreement and credit/debit card information to process the application fee. Make sure you print it, too.

I would appreciate any feedback (especially positive).

Return to Top
#33020 - 09/17/02 03:44 PM Re: Website examples
SusyG Offline
100 Club
Al - your site is the one that I had found previously and used an example of how it should be done to explain it to our website designers.

Thanks for your help!!

Return to Top
#33021 - 09/17/02 04:49 PM Re: Website examples
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
Thanks for the kind words.

Is that you on your "about us" page? Looks pretty good for someone who'll hit 90 in less than 4 months. Have you started planning the party yet?

Return to Top
#33022 - 09/17/02 09:03 PM Re: Website examples
SusyG Offline
100 Club
I may be getting old, but not that old!!! This is our old "home-made" web site. I will be anxious to get everyones opinions when we launch our new site. Maybe I should submit it for a "test" run on BOL. But then again, maybe I don't want to know. Ignorance can be bliss...for a little while anyway!

Return to Top
#33023 - 10/23/02 03:28 PM Re: Website examples
Compliance Poster Offline
Gold Star
Al,
I was looking at your website and noticed that you choose to deliver the Reg E disclosures electronically, invoking the E-Sign Act requirments. However, I noticed that the Reg E disclosures are imbedded into the E-Sign Act provisions. I have been under the impression that the customer must first agree to receiving the disclosures electronically (the e-sign handshake) and afterwards the Bank may then provide the disclosures electronically (such as via e-mail or to a nonbypassable site).

Pat

Patrick T. Hubbs, CRCM, CBCO

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z