Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#330758 - 03/08/05 09:37 PM Document Imaging
davidm Offline
100 Club
davidm
Texas
What controls does your organization have over the document imaging process, i.e. loan documents, file maintenance, etc.? My company lets most employees that have the ability to scan and batch documents to also upload the documents into the imaging system. I contend that a second party should review for proper idexing and this person would upload. Management feels that this will slow down the process. I am seeing errors made in the indexing. Thank you in advance for your input.

Return to Top
Audit
#330759 - 03/10/05 07:33 PM Re: Document Imaging
GregS Offline
100 Club
Sunny Florida
We moved scanning for both the loan side and deposit side to a centralized setup. That person is gatekeeper for a completed checklist for each type of information, completed CIP and indexing. New acct. checklist for scanned documents and loan document checklist for scanned documents, etc.
She signs off after scanning and the documents are returned to the department for review, initialing and filing.

Return to Top
#330760 - 03/16/05 03:25 PM Re: Document Imaging
Rob K Offline
100 Club
Rob K
Tennessee
Our document imaging process is also centralized with the process managed through our Operations Department. This helps to ensure accurate indexing.

Return to Top
#330761 - 03/16/05 03:35 PM Re: Document Imaging
Princess of Power Offline
Gold Star
Princess of Power
Napa, CA
We are considering implementing document imaging for our loan files/documents. Would any of you care to share information on vendors that you are using and/or considered. You can PM me if you like. Thank You.

Return to Top
#330762 - 10/27/05 06:23 PM Re: Document Imaging
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Searching this thread was very helpful, but could I ask another question? How do you handle new loan information received at the branches (i.e. new loans, insurance, taxes)? Is that scanned and indexed at the branch, scanned at Branch and indexed at centralized location or forwarded to centralized location for scanning and indexing?

Thanks for all the help. We are in the project planning stage and any help is appreciated!

Return to Top
#330763 - 10/28/05 08:00 PM Re: Document Imaging
M. Monaghan Offline
New Poster
We have begun imaging our documents with the software that was implemented 3 years ago. While we started scanning Sig Cards three years ago our other departments are showing more interest. Our Leasing Department just started last month. The vendor we currently use is very limited as to document tracking. I would be interested in sharing information with anyone on what vendors they are currently using or are seriously looking at. You may PM me if you want.

Right now, all scanning we do is centralized, however, we are looking at more of a localized solution.

Return to Top
#330764 - 10/28/05 10:20 PM Re: Document Imaging
davidm Offline
100 Club
davidm
Texas
Okie Banker - on the lending side, all documents are scanned and indexed in our credit files department.

Return to Top
#330765 - 11/02/05 10:30 PM Re: Document Imaging
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Thanks for the info everyone. This is a big project and all help is appreciated.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z