Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#332092 - 03/10/05 09:41 PM Vacation Schedule 2 Consecutive Weeks
IAuditCompliance Offline
Midwest
Remember when all officers and employees working in sensitive ares were required to be absent for at least two consecuitve weeks each year? Is this still a requirement and if so where can I find it in the LAW? I'm doing a Human Resources Audit and I find it is a part of my audit procedures but have no support to confirm that this is a requirement other than it is a good practice. Also any insight as to what is defined as a "sensitive area" would be great. Thanks!

Return to Top
Audit
#332093 - 03/10/05 10:32 PM Re: Vacation Schedule 2 Consecutive Weeks
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
This is not a requirement, but is a suggestion from the FDIC. There are many threads that have discussed this issue, and a search of the threads should give you all the cites.

Return to Top
#332094 - 03/11/05 02:06 PM Re: Vacation Schedule 2 Consecutive Weeks
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
Hi. We fell out of this practice several years ago. During our last OCC exam they recommended we start that practice again, so we have. It hasn't been implemented fully, but we are trying to make it happen in the more sensitive areas. Oh, and they wrote this up under the Audit function.

Jenny

Return to Top
#332095 - 03/11/05 08:27 PM Re: Vacation Schedule 2 Consecutive Weeks
Big Dog Offline
Power Poster
Big Dog
Kennel
We finally ditched the 2 week requirement for everyone except the senior officers. All other employees must take a minimum 5 consecutive business days off during the course of the year.

Also, it is not required that you take "vacation". If you go to a conference, say 4 days, and add on 6 days vacation, you are away from your job function for the required time. Saves some days for later use. If you get real creative, you can have a position at the bank that employees can rotate through to get away from their function for the required time. A receptionist or messenger may work. The main thing would be to document the time away and make sure that the employee has no contact with normal duties.

Return to Top
#332096 - 03/11/05 10:07 PM Re: Vacation Schedule 2 Consecutive Weeks
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
Here's a link to a 1995 FDIC FIL on the topic of vacation policies. http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/1995/fil9552.html

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z