Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#333414 - 03/15/05 03:27 PM Flood determination on mobile home park
joeball Offline
100 Club
joeball
Bluegrass State
We are currently considering a loan for a customer that will be secured by a mobile home park and several of the units on the property. The mobile home park has an address, but each of the units within the park have their own address.

My thoughts are that a seperate flood determination is required for each of the units. Is this correct or am I just being too cauious?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#333415 - 03/15/05 03:36 PM Re: Flood determination on mobile home park
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You could have one FHD made on the entire property. If it is partially in a flood zone, then you could do each unit separately.

Return to Top
#333416 - 03/15/05 03:47 PM Re: Flood determination on mobile home park
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
To expand on Randy's comment. If the MH park is one parcel of property then you may do one determination and list the applicable MHs on the back of the SFHDF or by a separate attachment. If the MH park consists of several parcels of property then a separate determination will be required for each parcel. See page 33 of the Mandatory Purchase of Flood Insurance Guidelines.

Return to Top
#333417 - 03/15/05 04:02 PM Re: Flood determination on mobile home park
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Dan,

This is a little nit-picky, but I don't see anywhere that a separate "parcel" requires multiple determinations. No where is "parcel" defined. What the guidelines refer to is "loans on adjacent properties", which means to me that if I have two houses side-by-side and loans on each house, I would need separate FHD's. But if I have one loan and I give the property description for the whole mobile home park, even if it is technically subdivided from a title or taxation standpoint, I still only need one FHD.

Your thoughts??

Return to Top
#333418 - 03/15/05 05:05 PM Re: Flood determination on mobile home park
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Randy, it's my opinion if there are separate parcels, then each parcel must have it's own FZD. That's how I see the following:

(2) Instructions for Using the SFHDF
The reverse side of the SFHDF has detailed, section-by-section instructions on its use. A separate SFHDF is required on loans on adjacent properties. However, if a single property contains multiple buildings, a listing of buildings on the parcel can be attached to the SFHDF. Only one building may be insured under one NFIP policy. Each building securing a loan must be covered by a separate NFIP policy.

If there are multiple parcels, then I don't think you can consider it a single property.

Return to Top
#333419 - 03/15/05 07:08 PM Re: Flood determination on mobile home park
joeball Offline
100 Club
joeball
Bluegrass State
Thanks for the input.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z