Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#337246 - 03/22/05 10:28 PM Customer asking SAR question
Cher Offline
Florida, USA
WE had a customer inquire about CTR filing and whether another "type of report" would be filed if he chose not to take the full $10,000 in cash. He was given the CTR brochure that explains the requirement for filing a CTR but how do we answer the question about the "other type of report". In a nutshell if he chose to structure it is highly probable that a SAR would be filed but I don't think we can tell him that...can we? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#337247 - 03/22/05 10:30 PM Re: Customer asking SAR question
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Nope. Can't tell him. Of course he can come here and find out about it. I would probably just use the "play dumb" approach... "Gee, I'm not really sure what you're talking about" and bat the eyelashes.

Return to Top
#337248 - 03/23/05 11:21 AM Re: Customer asking SAR question
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
I disagree with EGB, I don't bat my eyelashes at anyone. I do play dumb from time to time and this would be one of them. Writing an article for the NY Times about SAR filing is one thing. Having a conversation with a specific customer about SAR filing is something else altogether - the answer to this question is bound to lead to other questions.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z