Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#3381 - 08/01/01 02:21 PM Driving ATMs/Compliance & Operational Issues
susanc Offline
New Poster
We are considering driving our own ATMs and want to hear from other Banks doing the same thing. Are there operational and compliance considerations that we should be aware of?

To clarify, we want to process ourselves rather than using another bank to process the ATM transactions.

[This message has been edited by susanc (edited 08-02-2001).]

Return to Top
General Discussion
#3382 - 08/01/01 05:10 PM Re: Driving ATMs/Compliance & Operational Issues
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Yes.

This is not my area but you need infrastructure, hardware, software and personnel.

The systems you will attach to will influence the hardware and software, what cameras you'd need, security concerns at the ATMs, cash replenishments, etc.

This is a longer question than can be answered here. Look for a bank that is doing it right and ask for a tour.

------------------
Andy Zavoina
Opinions stated are not necessarily that of my employer.

Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#3383 - 08/01/01 06:35 PM Re: Driving ATMs/Compliance & Operational Issues
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
We have a mobile ATM which is a specially outfitted RV, that we have been using for several months. There are a few unique things to consider regarding security, satellite hook-ups, staffing, etc. From a compliance standpoint, there are no special things to consider other than perhaps what address or location you print on your receipts. All the same regulations apply to a mobile ATM as to a stationary ATM. It has been a great success and we are already being contacted by events coordinators about having our mobile ATM at their functions.

Return to Top