Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#339816 - 03/30/05 07:21 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
Quote:

I LOVE TV

The 1st scene that popped into my head was when Kramer (Seinfeld) was passing a kidney stone. That was hilarious! I make time every evening to catch a sit-com or two. That's how I self-medicate from "I've had a long, bad day" syndrome.

I was never a big Seinfeld fan, but the Pirate Shirt episode kills me every time. I can just hear Jerry whining Kramer, "I don't wanna be a pirate!"

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#339817 - 03/30/05 07:45 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

That episode of M*A*S*H when Henry dies makes me cry every time.

Ditto. And also when they announce that Trapper didn't make it home... But what a hysterical cast they had. I love that show. That is all.

I also LOVE That 70's Show. I never watch it that I don't crack up.

I never watched That 70s Show until I started watching reruns - it is a great show! So many great sitcoms from the past - I think the real test is if you can watch them over and over in reruns and still laugh. A handful that pass that test currently with me (because they are shown regularly - some of which are still on wuith new episodes)are Friends, Frasier, Will & Grace, Everybody Loves Raymond, That 70s Show, and while it may not be mentioned ever, I really like Becker.

Return to Top
#339818 - 03/30/05 07:47 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Anonymous
Unregistered

As for classics, I will never tire of watching Dick Van Dyke reruns.

Also, a show I have gotten hooked on all over again since I have been getting up very early with the kids is "Coach" - what a great show!

Return to Top
#339819 - 03/30/05 07:53 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Anonymous
Unregistered

All the family where Archie Bunker thinks he is talking to god and a black guy rescues him from his celler - "I didn't know you were......

Return to Top
#339820 - 03/30/05 08:25 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Anonymous
Unregistered

A couple that are funny and heart-wrenching:

MASH-the final episode where Colonel Potter was about to mount his horse and he says "I remember when you dropped Winchester's drawers in the OR. I had to pretend to be mad at you but inside, I was laughing to beat all hell"

MASH-when Radar is leaving and takes one last look at the OR through the window and Hawkeye salutes him.

Taxi-when Jim is taking his driver's test and looks at Bobby and asks:

Jim - "What does the yellow light mean?"
Bobby - "Slow down."
Jim - "OK; w h a t ... d o e s.... t h e...... y e l l o w ..... l i g h t ...... m e a n????"

Married With Children (my all-time favorite)

Peg - "Hi honey, did you miss me?"
Al - "With each and every bullet dear!"

Al at the shoe store and a rather large lady comes in.

Lady - "I want to return these shoes. They came apart at the seams and these are as useful to me as a comb is to you."
Al - "Well Miss, like any elevator, there is a two-ton weight limit on these shoes."
Lady - "Well I never.."
Al - "Tell you what you do. Why don't you nail the soles of these shoes to the bottom of your feet. That way you can get some traction while you're pulling that ice wagon."

All in the Family when Cleavon Little and Demond Wilson break into the Bunker's house:

Little - "Man, when I was a kid, all five of us slept in one bed."
Wilson - "You had a bed? When I was little, my father..."
Little - "You had a father?" Laughter ensues.
Edith - "How can you laugh with all that misery?"
Little - "Practice, lady. Practice."

The Original Saturday Night Live (although not technically a sitcom):

Garrett Morris playing the little sick boy with John Belushi as Babe Ruth, promising to hit a home run for him if he gets well. While listening to the game on the radio, Morris lapses into a coma when the Babe flies out to deep right field. I still remember Bill Murry as the radio announcer - "Its way back. It's, it's, it's caught at the wall!""

Also the job interview bit between Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase.

Return to Top
#339821 - 03/30/05 09:30 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Oooh, if you're going to include SNL, you must include the following....

"Landshark!"
"Jane, you ignorant sl*t."
OperaMan
"Buh-bye"

Return to Top
#339822 - 03/30/05 09:37 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rosanne Rosannadana
Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger
But Noooooo!

Return to Top
#339823 - 03/30/05 09:39 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
bluebanker Offline
Diamond Poster
bluebanker
Bear Country
Weekend Update!

Return to Top
#339824 - 03/30/05 09:41 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Church Lady.

Return to Top
#339825 - 03/30/05 10:04 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Wendell and Wanda Whinnnnnnnnerrrrrrrrrrr

Return to Top
#339826 - 03/30/05 10:12 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
Well, isn't that Special

Return to Top
#339827 - 03/30/05 10:15 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
The Seinfeld episode where George pretended to be an Oceanographer. Although there were so many good ones, has to be the best sitcom evey in my book.

The Simpson's episose, "The Flaming Mo."

Return to Top
#339828 - 03/30/05 10:44 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
"Head Wound Harry"

Return to Top
#339829 - 03/30/05 11:12 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
If SNL is included then I have to bring up Fire Marshall Bill from In Living Color.

Return to Top
#339830 - 03/31/05 03:04 AM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
From SNL, Gilda Radner as the spastic little girl, and Mr. Robinsons Neighborhood.

Return to Top
#339831 - 03/31/05 02:22 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Lots of chuckles here...I was a big Cheers fan in the beginning and "Coach" was my favorite. I loved the bit where he had named all of the glasses in the bar. He could tell them all apart except for "the Johnson twins."

There was also the one where Norm came in, got his famous greeting and Sam said, "How's life been treating you?" Norm replied, "Like he just caught me in bed with his wife."

Return to Top
#339832 - 03/31/05 02:29 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Anonymous
Unregistered

In one episode of 'Cheers', Cliff is seated at the bar describing the 'Buffalo Theory' to his buddy Norm. I don't think I've ever heard the concept explained any better than this...

"Well you see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive drinking of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Return to Top
#339833 - 03/31/05 06:48 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello. My name is Larry, this is my brother Darrell and my other brother Darrell. - Bob Newhart Show
P.W.

Return to Top
#339834 - 03/31/05 06:59 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I enjoy watching the George Lopez show. The one-liners between George and his mom are hilarious. One of my favorits was when George walked in on his mother in the shower (he thought it was his wife). He backs out of the bathroom with this shocked look on his face and says something like "I just saw Gorillas in the Mist".

Return to Top
#339835 - 03/31/05 10:01 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Anonymous
Unregistered

"To my brother, I leave nothing. He's been sort of an all or nothing kinda guy. So, since he can't have it all, he gets nothing."

"Therefore, I leave all my worldly posessions to the Hari Chrishnas, provided they stay out of the airports!"

-Pat O'Brien giving his videotaped last will and testament in an episode of WKRP in Cincinnati-

Return to Top
#339836 - 04/17/06 08:13 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seinfeld when George gives the speach about rescuing the beached whale and pulls a golf ball out of his jacket. "Hole in one."

Friends when Ross is trying to put his leather pants on.

Scrubs is my current favorite show and I love whenever Ted's band performs, whenever The Todd high-fives someone and whenever Doctors Cox and Kelso open their mouths. Not sure about a single great moment for the show as there are two many to choose from.

The Friends episode where the boys and girls compete in a triva game and the boys win the girls' apartment.

The Friends episode where Joey and Chandler refuse to get out of their new recliners.

The Friends scene when Monica reveals what happened when she was stung by a jelly fish.

The "Twix Lineup" in Seinfeld.

Seinfeld where George and Jerry have the menage-a-trois conversation.

Seinfeld when George meets with his "crew" who are helping him move the Frogger machine.

Return to Top
#339837 - 04/17/06 08:17 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Scrubs is awesome...a VERY creative team there. Every character is great.

Return to Top
#339838 - 04/17/06 08:21 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Totally agreee!! Scrubs has just amazed me at times - and for a sitcom, that is something!! The writers are just fantastic!! I've started calling med by ladies names when they deserve it. My little piece of joy for the day.

Return to Top
#339839 - 04/17/06 08:23 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Anonymous
Unregistered

Master Shake here. My favorite sit-com moment would have to be from Aqua Teen Hunger Force where meatwad writes all over Carl's house (meatwas UNPLUGGED, no buns allowed) and then when Carl calls Meatwad he has know idea what Carl is talking about. hehehe that makes me laugh every time.

Return to Top
#339840 - 04/17/06 08:41 PM Re: Funniest Sit-Com Moment
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
I could watch Friends over and over. I still laugh at all the re-runs. One of the funniest is when Ross goes in for the spray on tan.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4