Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Thread Options
#340243 - 03/30/05 02:37 PM American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Disappointing night I thought, and I don't think I can fathom Paula anymore. Here is my rundown:

Anthony - will be gone soon, maybe tonight
Anwar - has lost his mojo - he was awful and will be gone soon - one dimensional
Bo - also one dimensional, won't make it
Carrie - very good; not sure she'll win it though; she may get boring also
Constantine - I can't believe they like this guy. In his intro last night he talks about how he is excited that it is the '90s week and how he grew up on Seattle grunge, and then he goes and sings that freakin' lullabye - can't stand him - just want to call him Lieutenant Dan
Jessica - I like her a lot; I hope she keeps getting better, but did not like her song choice
Nadia - loved her last night; still think she can win it all.
Nikko - not as impressed with him as the judges; don't think he has a great voice
Scott - didn't like his song last night, but I like him the best of the guys - would actually like to hear him sing gospel
Vonzell - she was very good last night, and seems to be coming on like Fantasia did.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#340244 - 03/30/05 02:49 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Good breakdown Dave.

My take: Did I say Anwar was one of my favorites? Gadzooks! I take it all back.... He has been disappointing ever since he made the top 12. Simon had it right when he said that he needed to work on his lower register and not simply depend on his big notes.

Anthony: Soon, this young man, who is quite impressive in being able to sing as well as he does given his surgical history, will have us all singing an old tune by Steam.... Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye!

Bo - I disagree about him being one dimensional. He has shown that he can sing a ballad as well as his rock. I still think he can make it to the top 5. He is a performer.

Carrie - Needs to do some non-country stuff. She's one of the best, but lets face it, the demographic of country lovin' American Idol fans probably isn't enough to win it all. By branching out and doing other things (like she did for #1 hits week) she increases her chances of winning.

Constantine - Simon has him pegged. He has turned away from being a rocker and is a true "Pop Star". His target demographic of teenage and pre-teen girls will vote him through until he makes a mistake. I loved what he did last night, but only because I don't think he really is a rocker at heart.

Jessica - What happened last night? She was "ahaight", but after her strong performances recently, it was a letdown.

Nadia - She was great, and has potential, but if she steps back again like she did last week, she could be in trouble.

Nikko - He's unique, and I enjoy watching him perform. I almost enjoy listening to him too.

Scott - I TOTALLY agree about hearing him sing Gospel. That was exactly what I thought last night listening to him. I really didn't like him at first, but he is growing in the competition and getting better each week.

Vonzell - All I can say is WOW! She did Whitney and didn't flop on her face? She looked beautiful, she sounded beautiful, and I hope she doesn't go out like a chump like Latoya London did last season. She has star potential.

Return to Top
#340245 - 03/30/05 03:16 PM Re: American Idol
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I agree with Michael on most of his assessment.

I thought Constantine did a great job last night.

Bo was good, but I think he could have done better.

I am not a big Carrie fan, maybe because I am not a country music fan.

Vonzell is getting better and better every week. She has a good shot at winning.

I think Anthony should get the boot tonight!

Return to Top
#340246 - 03/30/05 03:20 PM Re: American Idol
sarah s Offline
sarah s
I am far from being a teenybopper, but I thought Constantine was smokin' last night--I loved him.

Anwar was my favorite early on, and I thought he would be in the top three, but I have been disappointed the past two weeks.

There were some strange song choices last night!

I also think Anthony will probably go tonight, and I'm guessing Scott will be in the bottom three. He has talent but his personality is so flat, I don't think his talent will carry him over the competition.

Return to Top
#340247 - 03/30/05 03:28 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

I actually voted for Scott last night because I know his looks and emotion aren't going to caryy him with the "usual" voters (I have only voted 3 times in the history of the show). My favorite last night was Constantine, but I figured he would get plenty of votes from the teenyboppers. I was very disappointed with Bo's song choice and didn't really "get" Jessica last night. I agree with everyone about Anthony probably getting the boot tonight. I guess I think Vonzell is the most consistently good so far, but I'm still waiting for someone to stand out.

Return to Top
#340248 - 03/30/05 03:28 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess I just don't get the whole Constantine thing then. I agree with Michael that I don't think he is a true rocker, but he is so cheesey to me. I look at him and I can see him planning out just how much facial hair to leave on - i just think he is so unnatural. What really bugs me is that he has this look on his face like he thinks he is hot s&it. I don't see it, but to me, whether it is a guy or girl, when they think they are hot s&it, it eliminates their appeal to me.

Return to Top
#340249 - 03/30/05 03:28 PM Re: American Idol
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
I am still going to go for Bo. I didn't really like his performance last night but it was still good.

Carrie was Awesome!! I just love her. I think she is finally starting to come out the past couple weeks.

Constantine...I love him also. He is just so cute!! He did very good last night also. He loves the stage and shows it well.

Nadia was great also. She can't have any more bad performances.

Scott- Sorry but I think his night is tonight. I didn't care for him last night. He sounded terrible. It was almost like he wasn't all into it.

vonzell, all I can say is WOW!!! That was excellent.

Return to Top
#340250 - 03/30/05 03:33 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why is everyone so concerned with Scott being low key - Reuben basically just stood up there and sang with the same expression most of the time.

Return to Top
#340251 - 03/30/05 03:40 PM Re: American Idol
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I thought most of the performers were not so good. Vonzell was awesome, as well as constantine. The rest, I don't know. I think that Scott and Anthony will be in the bottom three tonight.

Return to Top
#340252 - 03/30/05 03:41 PM Re: American Idol
CUgirl Offline
Gold Star
South Mississippi
I really like Carrie & Bo.

Is it just me or does Paula act like she is on pain killers or something. She was slurring words last night.

Return to Top
#340253 - 03/30/05 03:44 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree - she is either on painkillers or drinking. When she gets up and dances I want to puke.

I am still waiting for someone to chime in with a anti-Constantine opinion so I don't think I am crazy alone.

Return to Top
#340254 - 03/30/05 04:01 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I agree - she is either on painkillers or drinking. When she gets up and dances I want to puke.

I am still waiting for someone to chime in with a anti-Constantine opinion so I don't think I am crazy alone.

Dave, if it helps, I don't really like him, but I liked his song last night, and I understand that as it stands he can have a career just like Nick Lashey, Jessica Simpson, etc. Does anyone with teenage girls know if they still publish "Tiger Beat"? If they do, he could easily make the cover.

Return to Top
#340255 - 03/30/05 04:22 PM Re: American Idol
JoAnne Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
I think it will definetly be a guy to go tonight. And I wouldn't be suprised if the bottom three are all guys. The girls outshown them.

Return to Top
#340256 - 03/30/05 05:11 PM Re: American Idol
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
I also dislike Constatine. He does not really seem rocker to me. Dave, I think all your comments about him are spot on. He seems to think the world of himself.
My man is Bo. Vonzell and Nadia are my next favorites.

Return to Top
#340257 - 03/30/05 05:16 PM Re: American Idol
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Dave, I don't like Constatine either. So far my favorites are Carrie, Jessica, Vonzell and Nadia.

Return to Top
#340258 - 03/30/05 05:40 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I really like Carrie & Bo.

Is it just me or does Paula act like she is on pain killers or something. She was slurring words last night.

I'm with you on Carrie and Bo, although Vonzell and Nadia certainly had "the look" last night.

My wife also wondered what was up with Paula.

Return to Top
#340259 - 03/30/05 05:46 PM Re: American Idol
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I like carrie. Not bo. I don't usually like Constantine, but there was something about him last night that I liked. I liked Nadia once and Last night was not it. Vonzell also is not one of my favs, but last night, she blew me away!! WOW!!

Return to Top
#340260 - 03/30/05 06:03 PM Re: American Idol
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Carrie brought it again -I'm not a huge Vonzell fan but wow, she brought it too.

Return to Top
#340261 - 03/30/05 06:04 PM Re: American Idol
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I think Carrie and Jessica could have done better, if they didn't choose country, again.... I like country, but I think they are staying in their comfort zones.

Return to Top
#340262 - 03/30/05 07:13 PM Re: American Idol
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Sorry Davey, I like Bo, Constantine, and Carrie. I'll probably get booed for this, but I think Nadia will go tonight. She is an awesome performer, but I don't think that she will make it. (I'm not impressed with Scott, and haven't been as impressed with Anthony for a few weeks.) I do think Paula has taken too many muscle relaxers though...

Return to Top
#340263 - 03/30/05 07:21 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

I missed it, what did Bo, Constantine and Nadia sing???

Return to Top
#340264 - 03/30/05 07:34 PM Re: American Idol
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
Quote:

I guess I just don't get the whole Constantine thing then. I agree with Michael that I don't think he is a true rocker, but he is so cheesey to me. I look at him and I can see him planning out just how much facial hair to leave on - i just think he is so unnatural. What really bugs me is that he has this look on his face like he thinks he is hot s&it. I don't see it, but to me, whether it is a guy or girl, when they think they are hot s&it, it eliminates their appeal to me.

I could not agree with you more. I've been saying this very thing to my husband. He's such an act... very theatrical in my opinion.

Return to Top
#340265 - 03/30/05 07:35 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Elena - I guess it's all personal preference. I think Nadia is the most natural of all - she sings without effort.

I will tell you I just saw your boy in Finding Neverland - excellent job by him; can't wait to see him as Willy Wonka. Great movie too - can't say that about my rental last night - Closer. Just couldn't find a way to like any character in that movie, and not because of their character, but because of the acting. I thought the guy who plays the doctor was very good, actually, but Julia Roberts was blah, Natalie Portman, who I normally love was kind of yuk, and not a big Jude Law fan to begin with.

Return to Top
#340266 - 03/30/05 07:38 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I think Nadia will go tonight.

I can't predict who will go, but I think it should be Scott or Nikko. Scott was terrible last night. It was painful to watch.

Return to Top
#340267 - 03/30/05 08:27 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

I think Nadia will go tonight.

I can't predict who will go, but I think it should be Scott or Nikko. Scott was terrible last night. It was painful to watch.

Were you poking yourself with a pin or rolling in broken glass at the time? I thought Scott was good last night.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15