Learn More - Click Here!

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Thread Options
#340518 - 04/26/05 08:04 PM Re: American Idol
Piano Man Offline
Gold Star
Piano Man
Down South
I am going to stop watching if Scott or Anthony are not voted off this week.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#340519 - 04/26/05 08:12 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I really hope Bo does a Creed song!

Return to Top
#340520 - 04/26/05 08:14 PM Re: American Idol
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I would hope not. I don't think he has the right voice for creed.

Return to Top
#340521 - 04/26/05 08:52 PM Re: American Idol
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
I think that Constantine would do better at a Creed Song. He reminds me of Scott Stapp

Return to Top
#340522 - 04/26/05 10:07 PM Re: American Idol
carrie fan Offline
New Poster
Go Carrie! Oklahoma roots for you.

Return to Top
#340523 - 04/27/05 11:40 AM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, the spoilers got the theme right but not the song choices.

I did not enjoy last night's show at all. I did not think the song choices were great. Of everyone there, I thought Bo and Carrie did the best. I think Scott is gone (That is such a dreary song, whether sung by Scott or Luther Vandross!).

Return to Top
#340524 - 04/27/05 12:18 PM Re: American Idol
JoAnne Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
Based on last night's performance, Scott is so gone!

Return to Top
#340525 - 04/27/05 12:18 PM Re: American Idol
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Bo and Vonzell were very good.

Return to Top
#340526 - 04/27/05 12:36 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with Devil Queen reqarding Bo and Vonzell. Vonzell is so beautiful.
I thought Carrie screamed some on her song and was off in pitch throughout. If she stays til the end the only reason is because of her fan following- thats it.
Constantine did not do well at all but I still like him-
I agree with whoever - Scott should be gone-
The bottom 3- Scott, Carrie, Costantine- with Scott leaving.

Return to Top
#340527 - 04/27/05 12:46 PM Re: American Idol
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Bottom 3 should be Bo, Constantine and Scott, Scott to leave. Vonzell was fantastic!!!! Carey used to my my favorite to win but I think I've changed my mind to Vonzell.Carey rocked too but again, she appears to only "rock" when singing country songs, we know she can sing country well, she should've picked a different song. Constantine was horrible, he's not a rocker even though he thinks he is, Bo didn't impress me either. Scott stunk big time. Anthony did really well considering he sang a Celine Dion song. It's getting good and I enjoy when it gets down to so few people.

Return to Top
#340528 - 04/27/05 01:40 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pizza Girl - I agree. I no longer think Carrie can win. This is now Vonzell's show to win. I though they were all bad last night, actually, with the exception of Vonzell, but even her song choice was just ok.

Anthony - won't win it, but give him credit for doing ayight

Bo - Not impressed

Constantine - thought he was horrible. Any chance he has will be if he abandons being a rocker.

Carrie - thought she was really not good last night

Vonzell - she is the best performer (appeal)

Scott - disappointed me. I keep waiting for him to pick the right songs and he keeps picking these wimpy selections.

I would vote Constantine out tonight, but Scott (I hate to say it) probably deserves the boot.

Anyone notice Paula was much more subdued last night?

Return to Top
#340529 - 04/27/05 01:54 PM Re: American Idol
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Paula was very subdued and I noticed that. Scott needs to go NOW. He's pretty much sucked since "The impossible dream". Only last week did he get a little better. He seem to be getting some sympathy vote. If he stays tonight then they need to change how they vote next season. For instance, last night my son voted 10 times for Constantine (who didn't deserve it). I think thats whats happening to Scott. He's got a fan base thats voting over and over for him.

Return to Top
#340530 - 04/27/05 01:59 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

I voted for Scott twice last night, and I have never voted. Here is my reasoning - tell me if you think this makes sense (even though I don't think he deserves it):

I pretty much know the ceiling on people like Anthony and Bo and Constantine. I still think that Scott could break out of his funk and knock people's socks off with the right song selections (like gospel).

I think we have heard the best out of Anthony, Bo and Constantine, and I don't think any of them is good enough to win it all. I think that Carrie and Vonzell are good enough to win it all.

It's not that I think Scott is, but similar to Diana last year and the blond girl who got booted unfairly about 5 weeks ago, I think these are the singers who make the show interesting because you are always watching to see if they reach the potential you think they have and blow you away.

Return to Top
#340531 - 04/27/05 02:04 PM Re: American Idol
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
CD, I've got to disagree. If he had potential it would have showed by this point. I also don't think that American idol is looking for a gospel singer. He's proved that he can't switch genre. IMHO he is getting a sympathy vote. If I had to guess, I'd say Vonzell will be the overall winner even though she had a slow start. She has picked it up along the way, although I didn't think she was as good last night.

Return to Top
#340532 - 04/27/05 02:07 PM Re: American Idol
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
Scott was AWFUL last night. He was so off pitch with some parts of a Great Song. He just ruined it.

Carrie I thought was good. Although, I think she may be sick or something.

Bo, he is still my favorite. I am pulling for him to go all the way.

Anthony was pretty good last night. I would have voted for him last night just so I can see Scott go home.

Vonzell was awesome.

Constantine, I liked him. He was pretty bad last night. And I wanted to jump through the TV just to kick him with as many times as he kicked towards the cameras.

Return to Top
#340533 - 04/27/05 02:15 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I enjoyed Bo, because he is himself. Great song choice.

I enjoyed Vonzell, she picks the hard songs and nails them. It is her competition to win.

Carrie - What in the heck was that? I know you are better than what you showed us, but if you go home tonight, you have noone to blame but yourself. You picked country, but you picked a song you couldn't handle.

Anthony: Should I watch him or fast forward? Up until now, I have really disliked him, and I quit listening to him last week.

Constantine: Young children can be difficult at times, and last night was when mine decided that I couldn't watch my show. Missed Him.

Scott: I thanked my children for distracting me after he started and I heard him. Did it get any better than starting off with bad note after bad note?

Return to Top
#340534 - 04/27/05 02:25 PM Re: American Idol
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Carrie--She just was not very good last night. Not bad, just not very good. She did have a very throaty cough after that song last night. If she is sick, I like the fact that she did not use it as an excuse. Still, even 100%, I am not sure that is the right song to show off her voice and with Simon not "understanding" country music, a contestant is crazy to sing country.

Anthony--Terrible choice of songs, but it did give his voice an exercise. He does need work on his low notes. For picking a bad song, he did pretty well.

Constantine--What can I say. It was very average. I could go to a frat party this weekend and hear the same thing.

Vonzell--At the very beginning, I think she struggled, but she pulled it through. Not a great performance, but definitely the best performance last night.

Bo--Solid performance. Not great, just solid. But I think this is a weak group of finalists and solid performances might just win it.

Scott--I thought it was awful. Bad choice of song and he did not sound good singing it. If he is not gone, there is something wrong.

Bottom 3 performances last night: Scott at the bottom--then Constantine and Carrie. However, I do not think that is how the vote will go.

Return to Top
#340535 - 04/27/05 02:37 PM Re: American Idol
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
I think it is going to come down to Bo and Vonzell.

Return to Top
#340536 - 04/27/05 03:01 PM Re: American Idol
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I missed Carrie and Bo, but the highlights at the end didn't seem too bad. I was starting to like Constantine, but he was awful last night. Scott wasn't the greatest either. I think those two should be the bottom two. I would like to see Constantine go, because IMO I thought he did the worst. I think the top three will be Carrie, Bo, and Vonzell. Not sure who will win...

Return to Top
#340537 - 04/27/05 03:44 PM Re: American Idol
Donnaj Offline
Pizza Girl and CubDave I have to agree with you Scott is probably the one to leave tonight. His performance was not even allright. He even had a disappointing look on his face. Vonzell has the look; has anyone notice that she has that same little bounce that Fantasia has. As it stands now Vonzell has the best appeal for an idol, I don't think she will be the idol odds are not in her favor, because of the last two year idol winners. The idol will either be Bo or Constantine and maybe Vonzell coming in second. Next week has to be a blow me a way week. The Singers have been allright through out this whole competition. None of the singers rate like the ones from season two of American Idol. On ABC on May 4, 2005 there will be a special called fallen Idol and the advertisement claims that after this special you will never watch idol again.

Just a little insight on idol while in St. Louis, there were some controvesy concerning the picking of contestants to move on to Hollywood. My daughter auditioned and did not make it becaue her judge did not like her song, he told her he liked her voice but because he did not like her song he could not let her through. She asked could she do another song and he said no, while other judges were letting contestants do another song if they didn't like what song they chose. When the people came for the first audtion they were told they could sing any type of song and at the final audtions they told them no gospel and that they were not looking for another Reuben nor Fantasia. When my daughter walked out of the judges booth the people in group was like you made it and she said no I didn't they couldn't believe it. She was leaving and another contestant said they are prejudice against full figure women because I know this young lady can sing. An American Idol cameraman walked over to my daughter and asked her to sing something for him, and she did and he filmed her. His response was WOW!!! you can sing I don't know why you didn't make it but please, please, please go to the next city to audtion. Needless to say she didn't go because of the way they handled things during the process. She is currently working on her own gospel album. She had sang background for Jonathan Butler and is own several gospel recording. It will be interesting to see what this fallen idol presentation will be about. I know Aloha Mischeauv (from St. Louis part of the top 24) did not have good things to say about American Idol when she was sent home. I do believe this just may be Idols last season. Randy cannot recite a complete sentence without calling everybody his "dog", Paula wants everybody to love her so she is afraid to say anything constructive, and they have tamed my boy Simon who tell the unedited truth, and he has become a softy. We'll see. GOODBYE SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#340538 - 04/27/05 06:32 PM Re: American Idol
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
I have not been a big Bo fan until the last couple of weeks. Thought he did a great job last night.

Vonzell was fabulous as usual.

Have to give Anthony credit, he did a pretty good job with that song.

Carrie just was off. I think she is losing steam.

Constantine wasn't bad but he wasn't good either. Really the wrong song.

What can you say about Scott. Aaron Neville he is not.

Also, with all the negativity about Idol, let me give it a plug. It is one of the only shows on TV that my entire family can sit and watch together. My youngest has even learned to block his eyes during the Fox commercials for all the inappropriate shows we cannot watch as a family.

Return to Top
#340539 - 04/27/05 07:58 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

IAlso, with all the negativity about Idol, let me give it a plug. It is one of the only shows on TV that my entire family can sit and watch together. My youngest has even learned to block his eyes during the Fox commercials for all the inappropriate shows we cannot watch as a family.

I have to agree with that. AI is going nowhere. Every week they break records in number of votes. Every season gets better and better performers. If they have to replace a judge or two or three, they will.

Return to Top
#340540 - 04/27/05 08:19 PM Re: American Idol
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Bo and Vonzell had the best performances last night, and I think it will come down to those two. Constantine was awful last night, completely the wrong song for him. He is getting all the teen votes, I think. He is so cheesy with the camera.

I hope BO wins it all!

Return to Top
#340541 - 04/28/05 12:27 AM Re: American Idol
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

What can I say. It was very average. I could go to a frat party this weekend and hear the same thing.

I might watch Dr. Z Presents: Kegger Idol.

Return to Top
#340542 - 04/28/05 01:04 AM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

What can I say. It was very average. I could go to a frat party this weekend and hear the same thing.

I might watch Dr. Z Presents: Kegger Idol.

Return to Top
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15