Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Thread Options
#340268 - 03/30/05 09:12 PM Re: American Idol
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Dave, I'm with you on Constantine! He's extremly annoying and I thought he did horrible. He does that look when it comes time to flash his # at the bottom, like he's making a phone call and mouths "call me", I can hear all the teenie boopers dying when he does that, drives this 30-something gal up a wall, and not in a good way! My faves are Carrie and Jessica(tied for first) and Nikko and Vonzell. I have Anthony in the office pool and think he has a great voice but his song selection stinks and he's a cheesy dresser/dancer so I don't think people can get past that.
Last edited by Pizzaz; 03/30/05 09:13 PM.
Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#340269 - 03/30/05 10:01 PM Re: American Idol
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
Nadia is my fave, but last week she was terrible. I've heard "Time after Time" sung as a ballad by Tuck & Patti - a black female vocalist and an acoustic guitar as the only instrument. If she had done it like that it would have blown everyone out of the water!

Return to Top
#340270 - 03/30/05 10:08 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Dave, I'm with you on Constantine! He's extremly annoying and I thought he did horrible. He does that look when it comes time to flash his # at the bottom, like he's making a phone call and mouths "call me", I can hear all the teenie boopers dying when he does that, drives this 30-something gal up a wall, and not in a good way! My faves are Carrie and Jessica(tied for first) and Nikko and Vonzell. I have Anthony in the office pool and think he has a great voice but his song selection stinks and he's a cheesy dresser/dancer so I don't think people can get past that.

I knew there was a reason I liked you Pizza Girl!

Return to Top
#340271 - 03/30/05 11:01 PM Re: American Idol
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Constantine should not attempt to sing a song that is full of soul. Bonnie Raitt, he is not. the song sounded like that awful "bubble gum" version of "Free Bird" in the 90's. He was off on his timing when it was slow and his voice wasn't that great.

That's all I saw, because I couldn't really stand it any more.

Return to Top
#340272 - 03/31/05 02:54 AM Re: American Idol
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Well, I blew it with the Nadia prediction. I still think she has a great stage presence, but not the voice.

Return to Top
#340273 - 03/31/05 11:10 AM Re: American Idol
Sisyphus Offline
100 Club
Sisyphus
Connecticut
CubDave,

I completely agree with your assessment of Constantine! Does he think that wrinkling up his nose adds to his allure???

Return to Top
#340274 - 03/31/05 02:07 PM Re: American Idol
CUgirl Offline
Gold Star
South Mississippi
I am truly shocked! I think that Anthony or Anwar should have gone last night.

I didn't like the song that Jessica sang on Tuesday, but she has a much better voice than half of the competition.

Return to Top
#340275 - 03/31/05 02:13 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

And she proved it when she sang her goodbye song. I am also sad she is gone - Anthony or Anwar should have gone, in my opinion. I guess I should start voting.

Return to Top
#340276 - 03/31/05 02:26 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think some of the bad ones get sympathy votes because of the jusdges comments and they get to stay, when a good singer or better qualified singer gets less votes.

Return to Top
#340277 - 03/31/05 02:55 PM Re: American Idol
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
I am completely shocked at last nights results. Jessica was one of the better ones and did not deserve to go last night. Anwar should have gone before her.

Return to Top
#340278 - 03/31/05 03:04 PM Re: American Idol
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I was not a big fan of Jessica's, but I think she does have a stronger voice than some of the others. Anthony, in my opinion, should have been the one to go.

Return to Top
#340279 - 03/31/05 03:05 PM Re: American Idol
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
I think it's a tough call for those who are left - I think other than Carrie, who has unfortunately already been labeled as the winner, the rest are pretty much on an even playing field - skill wise. They've had good nights and bad nights, and depending on their song choice, all have been great - and all have been not-so-great. It'll be interesting to see if Carrie can stand up under the pressure and not blow it.

Last year, I felt there were more who had great voices and it was tough (for me) to believe some of them got booted when those with worse voices stayed.

Jessica's song last night stunk for me - it did the first time she sang it. I think she did better earlier on.

I hope they'll do some Broadway numbers - can't you see Bo and Constantine singing something from "Hair" or "Jesus Christ Superstar?"

Return to Top
#340280 - 03/31/05 03:12 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
FYI BBoyd, Simon has said that Carrie will win, yes, but he has also said that Bo will win, and at one point, Jessica was the one to beat.

Return to Top
#340281 - 03/31/05 03:22 PM Re: American Idol
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I too am shocked that Jessica is gone, she was cleary a talented singer and the fact that Anwar didn't go before her floors me. I too am surprised that Anthony didn't make the bottom 3, makes my happy office pool wise but I'm still surprised.

Return to Top
#340282 - 03/31/05 04:33 PM Re: American Idol
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I actually thought it should have been Anthony to go last night. In my opinion (as professional as it is!) he is not ready for this. I think he can be really good with some more work with a vocal coach, but there are better singers in this competition than him.

Return to Top
#340283 - 03/31/05 05:51 PM Re: American Idol
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Quote:

FYI BBoyd, Simon has said that Carrie will win, yes, but he has also said that Bo will win, and at one point, Jessica was the one to beat.

I know- but I believe he's said it about/to her more than once. Either way, I think it's wrong for any predictions to be made, because it sets them up emotionally. Hopefully, she's as practical as she seems, and isn't really putting her trust in what he says. Besides, we the people can be so unpredictable!

Return to Top
#340284 - 03/31/05 06:05 PM Re: American Idol
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Oh I'm so disappointed that Jessica was sent home - there were two others that i would have sent home before her...but apparently America doesn't agree. Hope Carrie has better luck as she is definitely talented.

Return to Top
#340285 - 03/31/05 08:13 PM Re: American Idol
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Alot of people vote on who they like regardless if they can sing or not.

Return to Top
#340286 - 03/31/05 08:37 PM Re: American Idol
BamaLaw Offline
BamaLaw
Quote:

Alot of people vote on who they like regardless if they can sing or not.

You're right, but when you get down to it, isn't that what it's really all about. Let's face it, they have to have talent to get to this point. Once they've gone this far, it has a lot to do with packaging. The "it" factor kicks in. Being an idol is more than just having a great voice and knowing how to get the most from it. It's the dress, the style, the image...the total package. I believe when you select the "idol" you select the most likable--not necessarily the most talented. This isn't necessarily fair or "right" but it is the way it is.

Return to Top
#340287 - 03/31/05 10:56 PM Re: American Idol
liv Offline
liv
IL
my two cents...
Constantine is the long-hair grungy version of Justin Guarini. They both have that same cheesy style. By the way where is Justin?

Return to Top
#340288 - 04/01/05 04:39 PM Re: American Idol
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Is the girl from Oklahoma still in it? I never see the show so don't know her name.

Return to Top
#340289 - 04/01/05 04:41 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Carrie - and yes she is one of the favorites at this point.

Return to Top
#340290 - 04/06/05 01:11 PM Re: American Idol
CUgirl Offline
Gold Star
South Mississippi
What happened last night? I missed it.

Return to Top
#340291 - 04/06/05 01:17 PM Re: American Idol
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
They all had to sign from Musicals. It was an alright night I think. I think Carrie did very well and so did Constatine. I am not sure who was my favorite last night. It was a challenging night.

Return to Top
#340292 - 04/06/05 01:17 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last night was underwhelming all the way around. They sang songs from old musicals. None of these youngsters, except Augustine, even knew any songs from old musicals. Some performances were better than others, but I was not really impressed with any of the performances. This may be the first time I agree with Simon that this was the wrong theme for this group.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15