Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Thread Options
#340343 - 04/13/05 12:29 PM Re: American Idol
obx nut Offline
Gold Star
obx nut
Midwest
I still don't "get" Bo. I would like to see someone super-glue the mic stand to the floor so he can't carry it around. He does this EVERY time and it just gets on my nerves!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#340344 - 04/13/05 12:42 PM Re: American Idol
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I like Paula but sometimes she acts like she is on happy pills- anyhow- I liked Constantine the best last night- he did an awesome job. I thought Vonzell did a terrific job also. Carrie is beautiful but she needs to learn and remember the song she sings- she covered up for it but how many times is it happening with her?

Return to Top
#340345 - 04/13/05 12:43 PM Re: American Idol
CUgirl Offline
Gold Star
South Mississippi
What was the theme last night? I missed it , my son had a ball game. (but, he won!)

Return to Top
#340346 - 04/13/05 12:50 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

What was the theme last night? I missed it , my son had a ball game. (but, he won!)

Songs from the years they were born.

Return to Top
#340347 - 04/13/05 12:58 PM Re: American Idol
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

I actually watched tonight for the first time in like 3 seasons. I concur, what the heck is up with Paula? She behaved very unprofessionally tonight.

Nadia - I thought she was weak and what is up with her mouth? That was distracting to watch. She does seem very confident up on stage.

Bo - not impressed; version was boring - ruined the song - Concur. Not enough energy for that song, Simon was dead on with that one.

Vonzell - She was VERY good, thought she rocked it. Probably one of the top performances of the night.

Anthony - ok - not bad, did a decent job with the song.

Scott - Thought he was really shaky in the verses (low parts) and although he did a good job with the chorus, didn't think that was enough to carry the performance.

Anwar - Enh. Too lounge lizardy for my taste.

Carrie - I thought she ROCKED that song. OK, she didn't get all the words quite right but that's a tough one to do and she did a very good job with it.

Constantine - I didn't get to hear all of this one so I don't have any real comments except this guy is creepy to look at.

BINGO EGB! You hit the nail on the head, and it's the first time you watched it?

Return to Top
#340348 - 04/13/05 01:00 PM Re: American Idol
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

I still don't "get" Bo. I would like to see someone super-glue the mic stand to the floor so he can't carry it around. He does this EVERY time and it just gets on my nerves!

LOL OBX! I agree, he carries it everywhere and holds it sideways, drives me nuts!

Return to Top
#340349 - 04/13/05 01:23 PM Re: American Idol
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I thought Carrie did a good job...and kind of agreed with Simon...except I thought she looked more like a little girl pretending to be a hot rock star.

In the past I have not cared for Constantine at all, but last night he was good, no really good. I agree with Dr. Z...when he first started singing the song I thought "oh no, don't ruin it...there's no way he can pull that off". But he did.

Return to Top
#340350 - 04/13/05 01:35 PM Re: American Idol
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

BINGO EGB! You hit the nail on the head, and it's the first time you watched it?

Yup, first time this season (or any season in a couple of years!) Don't know if I'll rush back to watch it again but at least I know who's who at this point.

Return to Top
#340351 - 04/13/05 01:56 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
My take:

Nadia - HATED IT! I was a big supporter of Nadia, but she's dropped the ball. She picked a BORING song that wasn't even a B side, and tried to do something with it. She failed.

Bo - Freebird is one of my favorite songs, and I thought he did a good job of it. I like his voice a lot, and the way he carrys the mic around is a classic rocker move.

Anthony - While I admire him for what he is able to do after having his surgery at a young age, he isn't getting it done. I used to like Richard Marx's song, but now if I hear it again I will have horrible memories of his version. He should have gone home last week. He is this year's John Stevens, the guy who hung around well past his time.

Anwar - He sounded good this week, but what's the deal with his song choices? Definately agree with the "Lounge Lizard" comment. He's got talent, but he's no American Idol.

Vonzell Solomon - This year's Diana DeGarmo, Vonzell has risen from the middle of the pack to the top of the heap. Maybe not THE best performer in the group, but she is showing amazing range, energy, and guts. I loved her last night, even if it wasn't her best performance of the season. She's done songs by Whitney Houston, Barbara Streisand, Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys, Linda Rondstadt, and now Denice Williams. These are no weak performers songs. They are true challenges and she's nailing them.

Carrie Underwood - Yes, the country singer from Oklahoma is still in it. Last night she rocked it out on one of my favorite songs of all times. Let's not forget that Pat Benatar WAS a trained opera singer. Her songs are TOUGH. Carrie screwed up some lyrics, but you know what, I would never have noticed if Randy hadn't asked, and lets face it, he didn't point it out, he asked her if she screwed up the lyrics because even he wasn't SURE it wasn't how the song was arranged for the shortened performance. She's got talent, she's got range, she's cute, and frankly, I liked the "kitten trying to act like a tiger" routine.

Scott - Did someone give him a double shot of Bourbon before he went on stage? He is finally losing his inhibitions and getting a little animated. He did have some trouble with the start of the songs and the low notes, but I was surprised he could even drop that low. It was out of his range. But boy did he do the song justice. I'm starting to like this guy. Remember, Hall AND Oates did the song. He was trying to cover the range of both guys.

Constantine - Ok, I am now convinced that Constantine is the one to beat in the competition. He has raised the bar for himself, and wowed me for the 3rd week in a row. When he said he was going to do Bohemian Rhapsody, I cringed. I just couldn't see ANYONE doing Freddie Mercury (another trained opera singer) justice. He did a fantastic job! His transitions from the slow to the upbeat and then slowing back down were perfect. He played to HIS audience, and I have no doubt every young woman in the country was texting votes with little hearts to the man. The fact is, one of the signs last night had it almost right..... Constantine IS the American Eye-Doll...

Return to Top
#340352 - 04/13/05 02:05 PM Re: American Idol
Going Crazy Offline
Going Crazy
New England
Quote:

My take:

Nadia - HATED IT! I was a big supporter of Nadia, but she's dropped the ball. She picked a BORING song that wasn't even a B side, and tried to do something with it. She failed.

Bo - Freebird is one of my favorite songs, and I thought he did a good job of it. I like his voice a lot, and the way he carrys the mic around is a classic rocker move.

Anthony - While I admire him for what he is able to do after having his surgery at a young age, he isn't getting it done. I used to like Richard Marx's song, but now if I hear it again I will have horrible memories of his version. He should have gone home last week. He is this year's John Stevens, the guy who hung around well past his time.

Anwar - He sounded good this week, but what's the deal with his song choices? Definately agree with the "Lounge Lizard" comment. He's got talent, but he's no American Idol.

Vonzell Solomon - This year's Diana DeGarmo, Vonzell has risen from the middle of the pack to the top of the heap. Maybe not THE best performer in the group, but she is showing amazing range, energy, and guts. I loved her last night, even if it wasn't her best performance of the season. She's done songs by Whitney Houston, Barbara Streisand, Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys, Linda Rondstadt, and now Denice Williams. These are no weak performers songs. They are true challenges and she's nailing them.

Carrie Underwood - Yes, the country singer from Oklahoma is still in it. Last night she rocked it out on one of my favorite songs of all times. Let's not forget that Pat Benatar WAS a trained opera singer. Her songs are TOUGH. Carrie screwed up some lyrics, but you know what, I would never have noticed if Randy hadn't asked, and lets face it, he didn't point it out, he asked her if she screwed up the lyrics because even he wasn't SURE it wasn't how the song was arranged for the shortened performance. She's got talent, she's got range, she's cute, and frankly, I liked the "kitten trying to act like a tiger" routine.

Scott - Did someone give him a double shot of Bourbon before he went on stage? He is finally losing his inhibitions and getting a little animated. He did have some trouble with the start of the songs and the low notes, but I was surprised he could even drop that low. It was out of his range. But boy did he do the song justice. I'm starting to like this guy. Remember, Hall AND Oates did the song. He was trying to cover the range of both guys.

Constantine - Ok, I am now convinced that Constantine is the one to beat in the competition. He has raised the bar for himself, and wowed me for the 3rd week in a row. When he said he was going to do Bohemian Rhapsody, I cringed. I just couldn't see ANYONE doing Freddie Mercury (another trained opera singer) justice. He did a fantastic job! His transitions from the slow to the upbeat and then slowing back down were perfect. He played to HIS audience, and I have no doubt every young woman in the country was texting votes with little hearts to the man. The fact is, one of the signs last night had it almost right..... Constantine IS the American Eye-Doll...

I agree with you 100%!!! Except for the Constantine Eye-doll thing I don't see how girls find him so irresistable...

Return to Top
#340353 - 04/13/05 02:16 PM Re: American Idol
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
My favorites last night were Constantine and Vonzell.

Remember I am a Bo fan, but I don't think he has picked the best songs for his voice the last two weeks. I do hope he makes it through the next round because he is very talented, IMO.

Constantine rocked it last night. He blew them all out of the water. I have to laugh sometimes at how he "makes love" to the camera, but he did an awesome job!

Return to Top
#340354 - 04/13/05 02:23 PM Re: American Idol
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
It is time for them to have a Jackie Wilson week, except there aren't enough familar songs to go around. Here is a man who could have held his own on Broadway. And he was an untrained voice. His choice of materials and arrangements was his doom, not his voice. But when he was on, wow! Give him a listen.

Jackie Wilson

Especially:

Reet Petite (a 50s song that hit #1 in England in the '80s)

Lonely Teardrops

Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher (the original and definitive version)

Return to Top
#340355 - 04/13/05 02:33 PM Re: American Idol
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Don't forget - it's an hour-long show tonite!

Return to Top
#340356 - 04/13/05 03:10 PM Re: American Idol
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Nadia, don't like her
Bo, don't like him
Anthony, did better, but not great
Anwar, he did ok. he has my last name, so I'm secretly rooting for him
Vonzell, WOW!!! she gets better all the time
Carrie, I like her.
Constantine, I used to not like him, but I'm really starting to.
Scott, he's getting better, but he's not my favorite. He reminds me of my 18 year old cousin...

Return to Top
#340357 - 04/13/05 03:25 PM Re: American Idol
BamaLaw Offline
BamaLaw
Well...here's my take:

Nadia-I didn't know the song. Thought it was a poor choice. However, she performed it well and sounded great...and that's what it's all about. Right?

Bo-Being from Birmingham, I'm a bit biased. I wouldn't even be watching if he weren't on the show. Of course, I was concerned with the song selection because it is such a classic. However, in my opinion, he pulled it off. Of course, every cover band in America has to know this one and if you've ever hung out at a bar on a night that a cover band was there, you've heard it. I'm sure most have heard this song more from cover bands than they've heard the original. Anyway, I thought Bo did a fine job with a classic song.

Anthony-I thought it was his best performance to date. I'd say he's safe this week.

Anwar-I just don't get it. Apparently he did great the first couple of weeks (when I hadn't started watching). However, from what I've seen, I've just not been impressed. During the first part of each of his performances that I've seen--including last night, I've thought he was terrible. However, as he nears the end, he gets better and better and finishes with a bang. However, as one or more of the judges noted last week, he is to be judged on his performance as a whole. To me, he just is not good enough. In my opinion, he should go this week.

Vonzell-She was awesome this week! She's been awesome for the last two or three weeks. She cooses great songs by great artists and does them well. She should be around for a while.

Carrie-I was really impressed to see the country girl go rock-n-roll! She definitely rocked!

Scott-In my opinion, this was his best since I've been watching. I liked the song and I thought he did an adequate job. Overall, I'm still not impressed with him. When compared to the other performances from the night, I'd still expect to see him in the bottom three this week.

Constantine-Last night he was simply incredible! Awesome! I've liked him but I've not been a fan. However, after last night, I'm becoming a fan. He'll definitely be around for a while, as well.

Bottom three: Anwar, Scott, Nadia. Anwar goes home.
Last edited by BamaLaw; 04/13/05 03:26 PM.
Return to Top
#340358 - 04/13/05 03:28 PM Re: American Idol
Donnaj Offline
Last night was a good night not a great night. My choices,in order of ranking, Anwar, Constantine, Carrie, Vonzell, Scott, Bo, Anthony, and Nadia. I voted last night and I got through one time on Carrie, one time on Constantine. Everybody elses lines were free. I voted for my favorites about 50 or more times each. They were Scott (my favorite because he's not your typical idol) Anwar and Vonzell. I don't like Nadia at all her voice is not strong and its rough she is pretty but has no vocal talents at all she is a carnival singer. If Scott makes it through tonight, I feel his confidence is coming out a little more he can make this competition interesting. Needless to say, there are really no great singers in this competition they are all alright. I am a singer myself and I am waiting to hear some variations in the songs that they chose and looking for them to add their own flavor a good singer will always add their signature, haven't really seen that except with Anwar. Tonight we will see. I'm waiting for the blow me away night of songs by this group and I have yet to hear it, maybe next week.

Return to Top
#340359 - 04/13/05 03:30 PM Re: American Idol
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
Constantine is definitly the best so far out of them. He has been just so good the last 3 weeks. I am normally for Bo but I might have to swing the other Rocker direction. I am also a big Carrie fan. I thought she rocked last night also and I didn't notice the forgetting the lyrics either. I think tonight it will be between Nadia and Anthony for sure and I don't know who the 3rd person will be.

Return to Top
#340360 - 04/13/05 03:55 PM Re: American Idol
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
My 2 faves are Carrie and Vonzell, IMO either one of them should win.

Return to Top
#340361 - 04/13/05 04:18 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I've updated my ranking list overall now... As predicted early on, a dark horse did rise up to the top of the heap....

Top 4
Carrie
Bo
Constantine
Vonzell

This is Vonzell's competition to win, and Constantine's competition to lose. Carrie and Bo have the potential to step it up and steal it IF they go back to where they were early on in the competition.

Return to Top
#340362 - 04/13/05 04:37 PM Re: American Idol
starfish Offline
Gold Star
starfish
Seattle
What is the age limit on Idol performers? Constantine sang on song from 1975 (the year he was born). I thought the age limit was 28....does anyone know?

Return to Top
#340363 - 04/13/05 04:37 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
The age limit is 28. Constantine was 28 at the time of the audition.

Return to Top
#340364 - 04/13/05 04:38 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Michael - I agree with 3 of your 4 --> Bo is too one-dimensional to win. As much as I dislike him, Constantine have much more range and therefore mass appeal than Bo, and this is all about mass appeal.

I hope Anwar goes tonight.

Return to Top
#340365 - 04/13/05 04:39 PM Re: American Idol
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Constantine makes me want to vomit. I hope Vonzell or Nadia win it.

Return to Top
#340366 - 04/13/05 04:44 PM Re: American Idol
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
My top 3

Bo
Carrie
Constantine

My bottom 3

Nadia
Anwar
Scott

I wish Paula would let Simon have an opinion of his own.

Return to Top
#340367 - 04/13/05 04:45 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah - another Nadia fan. I got so mad at their criticism last night - especially Paula. The one time she is not glowing, and imagine that, it's a good looking woman she is not gushing over. My daughter said to me, "Dad, you're just mad at the judges because you have a crush on Nadia"

Return to Top
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15