#340468 - 04/20/05 07:03 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I had to miss it last night. I had a mandatory meeting... I am going to watch the results show, but it's gonna be hard not to get upset, since I didn't see it last night.

I taped it. Wire me $1000 and I will fly it up to you this afternoon. Actually, I'll take $995 because I missed part of Constantine's performance. What city are you in--I may have to adjust my price?

I'm sure I can find someone that taped it, and borrow it for free. I'm closer than you may think, however, it isn't so important to see. I'm sure I'll live knowing that I missed an episode of one of my absolute favorite shows ever...

My DVR works overtime on Tuesdays!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#340469 - 04/20/05 08:23 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

...but I can't get over how awful she has looked/sounded/behaved.

Get ready! I read that she is returning to the recording studio again! Do you have a dream lineup of judges? I'd love to see: One judge who is a top-tier voice coach; one who is a voice teacher from a prestigious music schools, like the Berkley School of Music in Boston; and a third who is a pop singer/celebrity with with substantial voice training, but I am not sure who that would be.

As far as the pops singer/celebrity judge, Pat Benetar would be good. She definitely can sing and she has had formal training. Paula has become an idiot and she could be out-sung by the AI contestants.

Return to Top
#340470 - 04/20/05 09:44 PM Re: American Idol
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

Z- the theme was 70's dance music, not disco specifically. I thought the same thing about Bo's song selection, not a dance tune. Plus, IMO, that's the only type of music (besides black crowes and lynard skynard) that he's good at.

I have to admit that I used to dance to that kind of music and felt like dancing last night ...I thought it rocked. Bo also seems to be able to handle Chicago tunes. Again, I thought it sounded great last night. Has he lost some weight?

Return to Top
#340471 - 04/20/05 09:58 PM Re: American Idol
liv Offline
liv
IL
My thoughts on last nights competition...
Anwar was horrible, he has got to go tonight.
Anthony sounds the same all the time - his dancing was bad.
Vonzell - really good
Bo - good song selection (fit his voice perfectly, I thought I was listening to the radio).
I missed Constantine, Carrie, & Scott.

Return to Top
#340472 - 04/21/05 02:15 AM Re: American Idol
Donnaj Offline
Well as I said Anwar is out. He knew it you could tell by his facial expressions. Next week is going to be a shake-up. We know the top four Carrie, Bo, Constanstine & Vonzell. Who will get the number 5 spot like George Huff did last year. I hope Scott does, but it looks like it's going to be Anthony. Oh well can't wait until next week.

Return to Top
#340473 - 04/21/05 10:57 AM Re: American Idol
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Bo has class - that's all there is to it.

The beginning of the show about Ryan was icky. The group did a nice job with that song last night. Loved that.

I also agree with who left last night after watching the replays- when Anwar first audtioned for the judges I really thought he would go all the way- I loved his voice- but I've heard some of his singing especially the last couple of times and he just didn't have it. I still think he is a good guy tho.
It didn't take a rock scientist to figure out the groupings last night- good luck to all of them next week!

Return to Top
#340474 - 04/21/05 12:40 PM Re: American Idol
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Agree the right choice was made with Anwar going home. I agree about the groupings as well, it was easy to figure out top 3 and bottom 3. Paula is a complete whack job, when Ryan asked her about her thoughts on Anwar being in the bottom 3, she completely slurred her words and her eyes were half shut. I can't believe Fox lets her on the air like that. She's annoying most of America.

Return to Top
#340475 - 04/21/05 01:33 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Bo has class - that's all there is to it.

I loved Bo's reaction to "pick the best". Standing dead center and refusing to say anything other than we are all winners was total class.

By the way, I think I figured out Anwar's problem last night. In his goodbye video he said he had "relaxed" and just sung instead of worrying and being concerned. I think his talent level dropped when he stopped working as hard and being a little tight. When he started singing out the show, he sounded like he did in his tryouts, like someone who could have gone all the way.

Return to Top
#340476 - 04/21/05 01:37 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a stort out about Paula, and it is the exact opposite, talking about how she suffered for years with pain from multiple surgeries and how she had a problem with painkillers, and that now, all is good and she is upset that she keeps reading on the Internet that she is flying on something.

Return to Top
#340477 - 04/21/05 01:38 PM Re: American Idol
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
I figured Anwar was going to go sometime, but man, I want to see Scott the heck out of there. I can't believe he is didn't get voted off last night.

Return to Top
#340478 - 04/21/05 01:43 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very very happy to say goodbye to Anwar.

I wish they would knock off some of the beginning stuff, and at least give the loser a chance to sing most of the song at the end.

Anyone notice that Seacrest's mouth looked funny - my wife thinks he probably got Botox injections.

Lastly, I personally hated the song they sang as a group last night.

Return to Top
#340479 - 04/21/05 01:45 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Z- the theme was 70's dance music, not disco specifically. I thought the same thing about Bo's song selection, not a dance tune. Plus, IMO, that's the only type of music (besides black crowes and lynard skynard) that he's good at.

They choose the songs from a lidt provided to them, so if yuo think their song choice doens't fit the category, it's not their fault.

I have to admit that I used to dance to that kind of music and felt like dancing last night ...I thought it rocked. Bo also seems to be able to handle Chicago tunes. Again, I thought it sounded great last night. Has he lost some weight?

Return to Top
#340480 - 04/21/05 01:51 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I figured Anwar was going to go sometime, but man, I want to see Scott the heck out of there. I can't believe he is didn't get voted off last night.

I agree 100% w/ you, Scott has to go, I just cannot take his ATTITUDE!!

Return to Top
#340481 - 04/21/05 02:01 PM Re: American Idol
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Quote:

There's a stort out about Paula, and it is the exact opposite, talking about how she suffered for years with pain from multiple surgeries and how she had a problem with painkillers, and that now, all is good and she is upset that she keeps reading on the Internet that she is flying on something.

Well maybe she shouldn't act like she is "flying" when she is on tv. Her actions speak louder than words.

I don't pay any attention to what the internet is saying about her- you only have to look at her each week to see she is acting like a weirdo.

Return to Top
#340482 - 04/21/05 02:11 PM Re: American Idol
Piano Man Offline
Gold Star
Piano Man
Down South
I can't believe Anwar went before Anthony and Scott. I agree that Scott's head is getting way too big. I think that they are all good, but Scott and Anthony are not as good as the rest of them. They Have to Go!!

Return to Top
#340483 - 04/21/05 02:13 PM Re: American Idol
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Paula is supposed to be on Entertainment Tonight today to talk about that very thing.

I think it was time for Anwar to leave. I hope Anthony is next. And yes, Bo showed a lot of class last night, as he did last week when he was in the bottom three. He had a great attitude.

Return to Top
#340484 - 04/21/05 02:15 PM Re: American Idol
BamaLaw Offline
BamaLaw
Quote:

By the way, I think I figured out Anwar's problem last night. In his goodbye video he said he had "relaxed" and just sung instead of worrying and being concerned. I think his talent level dropped when he stopped working as hard and being a little tight.

I agree with your overall assessment; however, I disagree with your discussion about talent. What the judges and most I have heard speak about Anwar said was that he was the best "technically" of the bunch. He is a trained singer and a voice teacher, correct? One does not have to be naturally talented to be "technically" good. You can learn good technique. You can start with limited talent and become technically much better through training and rehearsal. However, the natural talent is either there or it is not. With Anwar, I think when he "relaxed" he became less "technical" and his actual talent level showed. Therefore, it was not the talent level that dropped, but the learned technique.

Return to Top
#340485 - 04/21/05 02:36 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Totally agree with comments about Scott. I'm sick of looking at him and his personality sucks. I can't wait for him to get the boot!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#340486 - 04/21/05 09:32 PM Re: American Idol
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I think Scott and Anthony should have gone before Anwar, but I didn't vote this week, so I can't be upset.

LOVED that Bo wouldn't choose a side. That boosted him even higher in my book!

Return to Top
#340487 - 04/22/05 02:23 PM Re: American Idol
BamaLaw Offline
BamaLaw
For the first time this season, I actually tried to vote...for Bo...couldn't get through. Tried repeatedly for periods of 10 minutes or so at three points during the voting period. I am in Birmingham and maybe that had something to do with it. Anyway, I figured if I couldn't get through, that he was going to be safe.

Return to Top
#340488 - 04/22/05 02:31 PM Re: American Idol
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I watched Meet the Fockers for the first time last night. Very funny movie!! Anyway, I couldn't help but think of American Idol and this thread when Gaylord was on stage "telling the truth", and he said Focker out....

Return to Top
#340489 - 04/22/05 06:51 PM Re: American Idol
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
A radio DJ yesterday said that Anwar danced like JarJar Binks!

ROTFLMAO and I LIKED Anwar!

Return to Top
#340490 - 04/22/05 07:01 PM Re: American Idol
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I hear Paula has been accused of having an affair with one of the contestants, and there are other big scandals brewing....

Return to Top
#340491 - 04/22/05 07:08 PM Re: American Idol
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I heard that PrimeTime Live is supposed to breaking some big scandal about AI, affairs have been mentioned. If Paula is having an affair, my bet is it's constantine.

Return to Top
#340492 - 04/22/05 07:42 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

I heard gossip on the radio this morning that mentioned Paula had an affair with last season's (2 seasons ago?) Corey Clarke - the one that got booted for his assault charge.

Return to Top
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15