Sorry - post#356765 was me!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#340569 - 04/28/05 02:36 PM Re: American Idol
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I have never vote either and totally agree only one call per phone line should be allowed.

Return to Top
#340570 - 04/28/05 02:36 PM Re: American Idol
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Scott is so wrong. When they did the group song he was awful. He couldn't hit the notes. I can't imagine paying to see the Idols on tour and having him ruin the songs. Wonder what will happen if he makes it all the way through. Wonder how Simon would handle that? They need to change the voting.

Return to Top
#340571 - 04/28/05 02:52 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is ironic that Constantine was the only one whose solo sounded right during the song Emotions. The group part was awful. Vonzell's vamping at the end just did not work. The rest of them could have sat down and let Constantine sing it. The whole thing was really not very good. I think it proved Simon correct--Constantine is good when he does the crooner thing. If you close you eyes and ignore the dramatics that is.

-Z-

Return to Top
#340572 - 04/28/05 02:54 PM Re: American Idol
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
I am in mourning over Constantine. Scott was way worse than Constantine and really needs to go. Yes I do believe that it is all a popularity contest. It is all based on Popularity and not on the actual performances. I am sorry but I am sick of seeing Scott up there picking wrong songs and everytime he needs to get to a high note, he always has to Hop his way into it.
I can not wait for the Primetime Special on May 4th. I truely believe it is all rigged somehow.
I also believe that Constantine left last night because of his bands CD coming out.

Return to Top
#340573 - 04/28/05 03:06 PM Re: American Idol
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
As far as one call per line, What if there is more than one person at home, that has sense enough to vote? What if they all wanted a different person? It wouldn't be fair to limit it to one call per line.
As far as Constantine. He did terrible on Tuesday, and fairly got the boot, based on that one performance. He has done decent on previous weeks. As far as Scott, yes a shocker that he was in the top three over Vonzell, but it's like Simon said, if he was gonna get that many votes, he deserves to be there. If you don't like it, VOTE!!! I'm glad Bo was safe, and I don't really like him. I'm starting to change my ways. I think he is gonna win it all. I think Carrie will make it to the top three and that's it.
Top three: Bo, Vonzell, Carrie- in that order. Vonzell is the weak link though, I think that Scott or Anthony could easily be there based on past voting weeks...

Return to Top
#340574 - 04/28/05 03:22 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

It really is hard to tell who will come out of this - Saphire - all your points are right on the money. I agree with your final three. Something in my head is still telling me that if Carrie snaps out of her funk, she will win it all. So much depends on the type of songs they will need to sing over the next few weeks.

Return to Top
#340575 - 04/28/05 03:29 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Carrie had quite a cough after her song. If that was the problem, rest, along with antibiotics and allergy meds might put her back on top.

Return to Top
#340576 - 04/28/05 04:31 PM Re: American Idol
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I am soooo disappointed that Constantine went home. I didn't think that he would win, bt he did not desreve to go home before Scott. I don't know who is voting for Scott! I'm not watching until he's gone.

Return to Top
#340577 - 04/28/05 04:34 PM Re: American Idol
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
Quote:

Blech! Constantine! Blech!

OK, that made me laugh out loud.

Return to Top
#340578 - 04/28/05 04:50 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I am soooo disappointed that Constantine went home. I didn't think that he would win, bt he did not desreve to go home before Scott. I don't know who is voting for Scott! I'm not watching until he's gone.

You do realize that by not watching, and not voting for others, you are helping Scott, don't you?

Return to Top
#340579 - 04/28/05 04:58 PM Re: American Idol
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Voting 50 plus times a night per household is not right- and don't tell me people aren't doing it. There has to be a better way to deal with this- you have to be under a rug if you don't think its a popularity contest rather than a singing contest. What's the answer? I don't know- this isn't the first season that this stuff has been happening and it will continue if they don't change the way the voting is. And frankly I liked Paula's emotional state last night- because she was shocked at the outcome like alot of people too. Yeah I am still tired of seeing her act like she is looped but last night I felt like she did.

Return to Top
#340580 - 04/28/05 05:02 PM Re: American Idol
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Amazing, I can't believe Scott is still there. He sucks and his attitude is awful. I can't understand why Costantine left before Scott. Who is voting for him? They need to stop. I am half tempted to boycott the show until his butt is gone.

Return to Top
#340581 - 04/28/05 05:06 PM Re: American Idol
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Scott has alot of relatives in Cleveland and they probably pay other people to vote for him. Personality? I haven't see it yet.

Return to Top
#340582 - 04/28/05 05:20 PM Re: American Idol
JoAnne Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
Scott should of never made it to the top 12. When he was with his "group" in Hollywood, he blew them off and wouldn't practice with them. And then he makes it and they don't? Go figure!

Return to Top
#340583 - 04/28/05 05:29 PM Re: American Idol
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
Quote:

Quote:

You do realize that by not watching, and not voting for others, you are helping Scott, don't you?

I've been watching and voting. It's not doing any good!!!

Return to Top
#340584 - 04/28/05 05:58 PM Re: American Idol
Peepers Offline
10K Club
The best part of AI is the first week or so, when we get to see the freaks!

What I want to know is when is the next season of the WB show that poked fun at the contestants (Superstar USA I think it was called), now that was funny!

Return to Top
#340585 - 04/28/05 05:58 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've been watching and voting. It's not doing any good!!!

Vote more If you look on the fan sites for AI, you will find that the biggest fans are instructing people to vote vote vote all night long.

By the way, did you realize that you can start voting as soon as the final performer begins to sing?

Return to Top
#340586 - 04/28/05 06:39 PM Re: American Idol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check out www.votefortheworst.com. . . .it's a website saying American Idol is a joke and encouraging people to vote for Scott (the worst). . .apparently the site has been getting a huge response and press and some people think it may be in part responsible for last night's outcome. . .

Return to Top
#340587 - 04/28/05 06:40 PM Re: American Idol
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
That's when I always vote! I usually vote for my favorite 5-6 times before I get a busy signal.

Return to Top
#340588 - 04/28/05 07:00 PM Re: American Idol
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

That's when I always vote! I usually vote for my favorite 5-6 times before I get a busy signal.

There are people out there voting for 2 to 3 hours, from the time it starts to accept calls until they close the lines down.

Return to Top
#340589 - 04/28/05 07:07 PM Re: American Idol
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
My wife voted for 2 hours for Constantine Tuesday night. After the first 15 minutes she was getting through every time. Each season it seems like this show is more of a joke.

Return to Top
#340590 - 04/28/05 07:17 PM Re: American Idol
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Has anyone seen thesmokinggun.com today? Claims that Bo was busted a couple of times, but never convicted since he went to a rehab type program. (Excuse me, Drug Diversion Program, whatever that might be.) I always did go for the bad boys...
Last edited by deppfan; 04/28/05 07:19 PM.

Return to Top
#340591 - 04/28/05 08:08 PM Re: American Idol
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
I'm sorry, but I laughed my butt off when I saw Paula's face last night after Constantine got voted off. My wife said, "She looks like Tammy Faye!"

Return to Top
#340592 - 04/28/05 08:20 PM Re: American Idol
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Has anyone seen thesmokinggun.com today? Claims that Bo was busted a couple of times, but never convicted since he went to a rehab type program. (Excuse me, Drug Diversion Program, whatever that might be.) I always did go for the bad boys...

Now, if I didn't know that you were elena... Johnny Depp going for "bad boys" just cracked me up!

Return to Top
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15