Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#34146 - 09/24/02 12:22 PM Building trust among employees
Gayla Sherry Offline

100 Club
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Hi!
As a moderator in this forum, I will occasionally post new threads for our discussion. I am a human resources consultant, and a former banker. I have several clients in the banking field, and will share some of our experiences in this industry.

Here's something for our thought-provoking discussion!

With continuing reports of unethical actions among corporate executives and boards, employee distrust is increasing, even among those organizations who are not involved in these scandals.

Do you observe employee trust eroding in your organization? If so, what is your bank doing to address sagging employee trust?

GRS
HR Consulting and Compliance; Training, Conflict Resolution, Internal Investigations, Expert Witness

Return to Top
Human Resources
#34147 - 09/25/02 03:05 PM Re: Building trust among employees
1 Peter 5:7 Offline
Diamond Poster
1 Peter 5:7
TX
OK, I'll start . . . To keep employees trust, your top execs must exhibit character everyday and in everything they do. That is, they must be moral individuals. Moreover, it's how they choose to lead. The most effective leader is one who:
    has a vision
    can communicate that vision
    sets the pace
    sets the example
    is consistent
    is fair

The best boss I ever had was called an SOB by some; but he never missed a chance to paint the picture (vision) of where he wanted the bank to be. The mission was always clear. Accordingly, every time we managers faced a business decision, we first mentally filtered that decision through the vision to test its merit. Because of that, we got it right most every time. He was heavily compensated and bonused - - but we knew he EARNED it! We were a happy, productive, and creative crew.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry