Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#344445 - 05/06/05 05:56 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
The finale is only 1 hour-Trump has said last years 3 hour snooze fest was too much. I felt bad for his CFO-couldnt spit out what he was trying to say-I thought he was going to drop right there.
It will be interesting-Tana has the more prestigous task, IMO, but with Brian, Chris and Kristen, they all have the potential to completely explode... should be fun.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#344446 - 05/06/05 07:24 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Tana also has the most to lose, I think - that big an event could really be a black eye if it doesn't go well.

Return to Top
#344447 - 05/06/05 08:53 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
I missed the show last night. What tasks do Tana and Kendra have and most important, is Craig on Kendra's team? Shudder!

Return to Top
#344448 - 05/07/05 01:14 AM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
LOL. No, Craig is gone, gone for good. And good riddance. Condescending arrogant jerk.

Kendra has to organize a gamers convention. She's already pi$$ed off the Playstation rep.

Tana has to organize an atheletes' event that is supposed to be one of the showcases for NYC's efforts to get the 2012 Olympics.

Return to Top
#344449 - 05/07/05 06:31 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
Wow! Tana's task sounds so much more complex then Kendra's. This should be good!!

Return to Top
#344450 - 05/13/05 10:29 AM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
OMG, what was Tana THINKING when she was babbling on and on about how great her event went???? From the brochure gaffe to the governor kept standing around to the flag issue to the 'people are leaving because they don't know what to do' to the "I'll stand back here like an executive while my peons go on ahead".... AWFUL. I no longer think she deserves to win. And I hope she was embarassed after watching herself last night.

Kendra, OTOH, did a great job. She put on a good event, made her sponsors happy, kept her team together, and even got a job offer out of it.

Go Kendra!

Return to Top
#344451 - 05/13/05 01:13 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Absolutely amazing-you are right on EGB-ripping her team in front of the Olympic people, the brochure screw up...I was shocked how ignorant she was about how the event went-for 15 weeks all we heard was how she has been working since she was 9 years old, etc. Suddenly, she cant walk out with her employees.....wow...too good for everyone.
I had my doubts about Kendra, but she has put it together. Really stepped up to the plate and kept the team together. Cant wait to hear the teams in the boardroom.

Return to Top
#344452 - 05/13/05 01:38 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Absolutely agree - I have never been crazy about Tana, but thought she probably had the best head on her shoulders. She finally showed her true colors and they were not pretty. I also never really liked Kendra, but she became very likable yesterday. Her crying didn't bother me at all - I think that the way she responded to her team will be the deciding factor in her winning, along with her Real Estate experience which Trump has to like. Her only goofs were I felt she should have owned up to the mistake with the meeting, and also she should have said that her college experience did not make her better than Tana - I always think the right answer in that situation is that her degree possibly trained her to analyze business situations for thoroughly and effectively.

The only check mark I give to Tana is that I think her task was quite a bit more difficult. That said, the gaffe with the American Flag was inexcusable.

Return to Top
#344453 - 05/13/05 02:14 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Tana screwed up, plain and simple. I liked her in the beginning of the show, but I really got disappointed in her a few weeks back when she and Craig and Kendra were a team and Tana and Craig walked out on Kendra leaving her to complete the car brochure on her own. I saw her true colors then. I'm like you EGB, I could not believe how she was going on and on about how great she did and how she was the next apprentice. Very, very bad! <slaps hand>

Kendra had a rough start with the sponsors in the beginning, but she pulled it out and she and her team did a great job. I like how she gave her team credit. I thought she was a good leader and she has a good head on her shoulders. Hopefully Trump sees through Tana's bull and hires Kendra.

Return to Top
#344454 - 05/13/05 03:08 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Thanks all. I missed the program last night because I was out. It's great to hear your responses.

Return to Top
#344455 - 05/13/05 03:21 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Lois, be sure you catch the finale next week. We should hear from the teams how the managers did and I think that will be very telling.

Return to Top
#344456 - 05/13/05 03:40 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
soanony Offline
100 Club
Tana's task was harder and I thought the apparent difference in complexity of the two events was unfair but after last night's episode I was really upset at Tana's unprofessionalism. From the very beginning she was calling her team the 3 Stooges; in front of Carolyn even. I can't believe her arrogance in telling Bruce Jenner (that's who I remember in the shot) she was the next apprentice. She really ended up being a disappointment. I do hope Kendra wins.

Return to Top
#344457 - 05/13/05 05:56 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
If you've ever put on an event like Kendra's you would know that Tana's was fair and equal. Keeping rich sponsors happy, managing significant technology needs, and staging an event like that is very difficult. She did so with applomb, and grace. She correctly acknowledged her team effort as well. Even if your team sucks, you look better as a manager if you don't belittle them.

Tana acted like uneducated (and by that I mean NO school..G 1-12 as well as college) trailor trash. If a staff member of mine treated their staff the way she did, I'd fire them instantly. What a selfish little pig, and a snooty at that! Don't walk out with your team...good gravy what a Bi...umm nevermind.

If she wins, Trumps brains are a screwy as his hair!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#344458 - 05/13/05 05:57 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
I agree completely. I was very disappointed in Tana's lack of respect, etc... really reflected badly on her. And I had always thought she had handled herself much better than that. She doesn't deserve to win after this last task. I didn't think Kendra should be there either, but she deserves it much more than Tana.

Return to Top
#344459 - 05/13/05 06:59 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I flipped my vote last night too. I was a Tana fan throughout the entire show...until the last few weeks. Go Kendra. I wonder if this is the show's spin, and things are going to come out next week against Kendra (depending upon what her team says about her) just to keep us all watching.

Return to Top
#344460 - 05/13/05 07:52 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought it was a nice touch of foreshadowing when Tana left the event. As the limo pulled out onto the street it passed over a “Fire Lane” indicator painted on the street surface. The camera shot showed the word “Fire” and then cut before you could see “Lane.” Nice effect.

Return to Top
#344461 - 05/13/05 07:54 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
Anonymous
Unregistered

different poster...and if you noticed the previews for next week it said something like who will be hired and who will be sent home...and when they did that they showed Kendra first and then Tana. We'll see.

Return to Top
#344462 - 05/13/05 08:31 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
-5K-, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
-5K-, CRCM
Quote:

Suddenly, she cant walk out with her employees.....wow...too good for everyone.

I could NOT believe that she was that arrogant! Not did she refuse to walk out with them but she that it was beneath her to do so. And then she waited until they drove off before she left. What nerve. I hope that she watched and saw how stupid she looked!

Return to Top
#344463 - 05/13/05 09:44 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
I just watched some footage of Tana that was not shown and she was very thankful to her team. Wonder how this editing made her look sooooo bad. I really thought she was horrible until I saw the footage we never saw. I can only guess that she was lying on the unshown footage by what I saw on TV last night, however, as my husband alway says, " You believe what you see on TV?" (He hates TV)

Return to Top
#344464 - 05/13/05 09:54 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
I am going for Kendra. I used to like Tana but she is really getting on my nerves. I can't wait for the finale.

Return to Top
#344465 - 05/13/05 11:28 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I am sure they edited to make one look good and one bad, just to keep us in suspense, but either way, they didn't put words in the idiots mouth. She may have been nice sometime that evening...but her other words, well they were so bad it didn't really matter.

If I heard she'd had second thoughts, chased the van her staff was on, and appologized (as well as shared those stupid pretzles she was carrying) I'd still think she' was not suitable to manage a pizza hut, let alone a major company.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#344466 - 05/20/05 06:40 AM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Kendra pulled it out and I am pleased with that. She came on strong in the end. Tana was back peddling as fast as she could. She is a motivator more than a leader.

I saw an interview with the Donald. He wasn't very pleased with this seasons candidates. He and Mark Burnett chose the final 18 from the final cut of 2,000 for season four.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#344467 - 05/20/05 10:28 AM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I thought Tana came off as unprofessional last night - when she was getting on Kendra about "WHO came up with the design for the Pontiac brochure" and waving her arms all around. I can't imagine the Donald liked that.

Return to Top
#344468 - 05/20/05 12:58 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think Donald wanted to look at that horse face for a whole year.

Return to Top
#344469 - 05/20/05 01:10 PM Re: Apprentice Predictions!
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Agree with EGB and Andy-Tana went overboard pointing out her part in creating the shape of the brochure-(which was interesting to hear) but was way to aggressive in getting her point out-and the Arsenio Hall arm waiving was ridiculous. Kendra gave the whole team credit during the episode, and gave it to Tana last night. I wanted to hear more from the 2 teams that worked with them.
Tana's true colors showed....

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4