Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#345833 - 04/12/05 07:00 PM What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Feline lovers holding pictures of cats, clutching stuffed animals and wearing whiskers faced-off against hundreds of hunters at meetings around Wisconsin to voice their opinion on whether to legalize cat hunting.

Residents in 72 counties were asked whether free-roaming cats - including any domestic cat that isn't under the owner's direct control or any cat without a collar - should be listed as an unprotected species. If listed as so, the cats could be hunted.

The proposal was one of several dozen included in a spring vote on hunting and fishing issues held by the Wisconsin Conservation Congress. The results, only advisory, get forwarded to the state Natural Resources Board.

Statewide results were expected Tuesday.

La Crosse firefighter Mark Smith, 48, helped spearhead the cat-hunting proposal. He wants Wisconsin to declare free-roaming wild cats an unprotected species, just like skunks or gophers. Anyone with a small-game license could shoot the cats at will.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#345834 - 04/12/05 07:04 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
BOL, Cyberspace
Feline lovers holding pictures of cats, clutching stuffed animals and wearing whiskers faced-off against hundreds of hunters at meetings around Wisconsin to voice their opinion on whether to legalize imbecile hunting.

Residents in 72 counties were asked whether free-roaming imbeciles - including any domestic imbecile that isn't under the owner's direct control or any imbecile without a collar - should be listed as an unprotected species. If listed as so, the imbecile could be hunted.

The proposal was one of several dozen included in a spring vote on hunting and fishing issues held by the Wisconsin Conservation Congress. The results, only advisory, get forwarded to the state Natural Resources Board.

Statewide results were expected Tuesday.

BOLer Devil Queen helped spearhead the imbecile-hunting proposal. She wants BOL to declare free-roaming wild imbeciles an unprotected species, just like skunks or gophers. Anyone with a small-game license could shoot the imbeciles at will. The first, known target would be La Crosse firefighter Mark Smith, 48.

Return to Top
#345835 - 04/12/05 07:24 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Minnesota and South Dakota allow feral cats to be shot. In Minnesota, a feral cat is considered an "unprotected species," the same designation they would have in Wisconsin under Smith's proposal.

That places them in the same category as gophers, skunks and weasels, but they're only vulnerable in rural areas because shooting cats is illegal in cities and towns. The same restriction would apply in Wisconsin.

Having lived the majority of my life in Minnesota, I was not aware that shooting "stray" cats was legal.

Return to Top
#345836 - 04/12/05 07:25 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LMAO DQ I'll be your second

Return to Top
#345837 - 04/12/05 07:26 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
I'm with DQ and Dawnie -- how can you tell if a cat has a collar from, um, "hunting" distance?

And Jamie Furball agrees - Hunt Imbeciles - his new political platform....

Return to Top
#345838 - 04/12/05 07:29 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Can you see this firefighter when your home is burning? He's standing beside the engine with a shot gun, just waiting for your indoor, collarless kitties to run out!

Return to Top
#345839 - 04/12/05 07:33 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Can you see this firefighter when your home is burning? He's standing beside the engine with a shot gun, just waiting for your indoor, collarless kitties to run out!

Return to Top
#345840 - 04/12/05 07:37 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
1st Date with Firefighter Mark Smith....Hey baby I'll pick you up at your place at 7.

Mark arrives. Fluffy happens to stroll to the door to see who's there. His upward turned kitty face does not indicate extreme love and committment to Mark.

Mark whips out a pistol...BAMM! Kicks Fluffy out on the porch and claims he just saved his date from a wild cat attack.

Chances are...Mark "ain't getting any" tonight!

Return to Top
#345841 - 04/12/05 07:38 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Oh, he'll be getting something all right, just not "that"!

Return to Top
#345842 - 04/12/05 07:39 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
In Jackpot NV they are trapping the feral cats and spaying or neutering them, tipping (I think that is what they called it) one ear and then releasing them back into the wild.

Return to Top
#345843 - 04/12/05 07:42 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Some towns in Southern California had a problem with feral cats. However with the growing popularity of Korean restaurants, the problem seems to have taken care of itself.

Return to Top
#345844 - 04/12/05 07:43 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
I can see it now...
"Yep, I got that rhino back in Africa. If you look up above the fire place you'll see the bear I shot in Washington, and right over there is the feline I shot over by Dawnie's place"

Return to Top
#345845 - 04/12/05 07:43 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
You are blowing this way out of proportion. We are talking about FERAL cats.

Return to Top
#345846 - 04/12/05 07:51 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Which means, what, exactly to you? Feral doesn't mean they are bobcats. They are simply homeless. It's not like they are hunting in packs, bringing down innocent farm animals or small children (unlike feral DOGS.) I've also worked in a shelter where feral cats were rehabbed and it was amazing to see a formerly frightened, untouchable kitty become some special person's lap baby.

I'm definitely in favor of the trap, spay/neuter, release program. Eventually the problem takes care of itself when the colony cannot reproduce.

Return to Top
#345847 - 04/12/05 07:51 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Quote:

BOLer Devil Queen helped spearhead the imbecile-hunting proposal. She wants BOL to declare free-roaming wild imbeciles an unprotected species, just like skunks or gophers. Anyone with a small-game license could shoot the imbeciles at will. The first, known target would be La Crosse firefighter Mark Smith, 48.

This really doesn't need to make it to the Dating Trouble's thread on the Couch...I think a few of the girls (ok, me included) would be all for the "Imbecile Hunting Program"!

Return to Top
#345848 - 04/12/05 07:54 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Maybe he was attacked by feral kittens as a child and has sworn revenge.

What an idiot! I like DQ's imbecile proposal. Can I piggyback my own agenda to have "Snowbird Season" declared open year-round down here? They take up all the best parking places and clog the interstates with their slow-moving RVs.

Return to Top
#345849 - 04/12/05 07:54 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
To add to what EGB said...there are a lot of barn kitties and plain ol' outside cats that are pets that would be targets.

Return to Top
#345850 - 04/12/05 07:54 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Deleted by Kansayaku
Last edited by Kansayaku; 04/12/05 08:13 PM.

Return to Top
#345851 - 04/12/05 07:56 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Quote:

Quote:

This really doesn't need to make it to the Dating Trouble's thread on the Couch...I think a few of the girls (ok, me included) would be all for the "Imbecile Hunting Program"!

Return to Top
#345852 - 04/12/05 07:58 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I can see it now: "Chihuahua season announced for GA." Heaven knows the rednecks around here need another excuse to shoot something!

Return to Top
#345853 - 04/12/05 08:01 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Residents in 72 counties were asked whether free-roaming cats - including any domestic cat that isn't under the owner's direct control or any cat without a collar - should be listed as an unprotected species. If listed as so, the cats could be hunted.

Cat owners should be responsible for their animal- it's not cool to have your flower gardens ruined because some people choose to leave their cats out roaming the neighborhood and doing their business in other peoples' flower gardens- have you ever had to deal with this? I say shoot at will all those ugly cats that roam the neighborhood and crap in other peoples' yard.

Return to Top
#345854 - 04/12/05 08:04 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have no problem with it as long as they eat the cats and use as much of the cat as possible. It's just meat, same thinga as eating rabbit. I agree about the dogs too. Oriental food would be able to include some more traditional recipes and people could eat hound dogs instead of hot dogs.

Return to Top
#345855 - 04/12/05 08:06 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I wish I knew where anon lived so I could take my cat over to crap in her flower bed this evening.

Return to Top
#345856 - 04/12/05 08:07 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Good response!

Return to Top
#345857 - 04/12/05 08:10 PM Re: What the Heck is in the cheese in Wis?
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Maybe we could shoot those pesky disabled people...oops wrong thread....

Return to Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5