Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#348725 - 04/19/05 10:01 PM How To Destroy America
ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤ø Offline
THE QUESTION IS; IS HE RIGHT, OR OFF THE MARK? WHAT DO YOU THINK?

We all know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an immigration-overpopulation conference in Washington, DC, filled to capacity by many of American's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor named Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, "Mexifornia," explaining how immigration - both legal and illegal- was destroying the entire state of California. He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America. The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States. He said, "If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America. It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.'

"Here is how they do it," Lamm said: First to destroy America, "Turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual.

"The historical scholar Seymour Lipset put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.' Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided.

Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans."

Lamm went on:

Second, to destroy America, 'Invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. I would make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

Third, "We could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multiethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentrically and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.'

Lamm said, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America reinforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities."

"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school."

"My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.' I would get all minorities to think their lack of success was the fault
of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population."

"My sixth plan for America's downfall would include dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other -- that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games. A common enemy, Persia, threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to over come two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell. "E. Pluribus Unum" -- From many, one.

In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'unum,' we can balkanize America as surely as Kosovo."

"Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits ~ make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century -- that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate." "Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-culturism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America, it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them."

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said, "Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book 'Mexifornia.' His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book."

There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Every discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness.

Barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.'

American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America - take note of California and other states - to date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book "1984." In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: "War is peace," "Freedom is slavery," and "Ignorance is strength."

Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy are deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American Dream.
______

If this speech was not presented, it should have been.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#348726 - 04/19/05 10:21 PM Re: How To Destroy America
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
WOW!

Return to Top
#348727 - 04/19/05 10:34 PM Re: How To Destroy America
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I know there will be a lot of people out there who are going to automatically jump in to defend diversity but I would like to say...I think the man makes some great points. For those of us who live in SoCal (and I know there are other areas affected by heavy legal or illegal immigration) there are some benefits and drawbacks to the number of aliens here. When a flyer comes home from my son's school it is printed in English and Korean...and not in that order. Where I live, billboards are posted in Spanish. Ebonics seems to be an accepted language, almost encouraged! It is getting tougher and tougher to teach right and wrong to my son because everyone around him is allowed to behave in any manner they choose and then blame it on the oppression of the majority. Ridiculous! Here, the majority is Mexican (or other Latin American country)! Although my son is attending a mostly Korean populated school, our neighborhood elementary school is 47% Mexican. 47%! A friend of mine is a teacher there and says the English speaking students are suffering because she has no time to teach them; she spends all her time with the children who are still learning the language...and she teaches 5th grade! Something needs to be done.

But there are benefits too. My son has learned tolerance and compassion that he would not have otherwise been introduced to. There is respect for the cultures and religions that are brought about by immigration. Many great leaders and thinkers have come to SoCal and have contributed to our society. Much of California's labor is provided by those immigrant workers. And, Mexican food is so TASTY!

Return to Top
#348728 - 04/20/05 12:48 PM Re: How To Destroy America
An0n Offline
Gold Star
The guards won't tell me.
... I'm speechless. ... Amazing. I think 'some' of my views have changed because of this. Thanks P. You've done it again. wow...

Return to Top
#348729 - 04/20/05 01:15 PM Re: How To Destroy America
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wrote this in another thread a couple of weeks ago, and this post enumerates exactly what I was trying to say:

I can add to the rant, because I'm getting a little tired of the PC police.

It's funny, America was once called the "Melting Pot." Do you remember those Saturday morning cartoons, where it emphasized that if you were here and a citizen, you were AMERICAN - and the importantance of being American. Not any hyphenated American crap. Our diversity was a strength that carried us as a nation. It hasn't been perfect, but it seemed like there was more of a civic and community centered world when I was growing up. But we now live in such a fragmented society from my point of view.

Too much whining and crying, too many signs, too many "laws" and "regulations." Doesn't it bother anyone else?

Everyone is a victim in America now. All you hear about nowadays are ridiculous lawsuits filed against people - just because they can file them! I'm a lawyer, and I've always used legal remedies as the last resort, not the first. Instead of pointing the finger at everyone else, people should look in the mirror first.

It's true about how subjects are also off limits. I remember a year or two ago Bill Cosby spoke out against the victimization culture among African Americans. He made several extremely valid points and accused prominent black leaders of promoting this culture of victimization. And instead of praise for his candid appraisal, he was called "Uncle Tom" and "Racist." Unbelievable. I mean, this guy has sent and paid for dozens of young black men and women to go to college - and he's a racist?!?

My background is mostly Irish, French and Italian, and we had our own troubles as immigrants coming to America, but I don't cry foul whenever something doesn't go my way. You work harder and look out for the next opportunity. That's what I was taught growing up.

How long must a group or culture use the experiences of their ancestors as an excuse for their inability to compete in a modern world. Some of my ancestors were indentured servants when they came to America. Others far back in France during Roman times were likely slaves...So how long is long enough?

And I don't buy the whole single parent household thing either as a crutch. I grew up in a single parent household (my dad usually didn't get home for several hours after I came home from school), went to public school the whole time, was in the vanguard of 70s desegregation, and I speak 3 languages, earned 2 bachelor's degrees, a law degree and I like to think I'm successful. I've never abused drugs, alcohol, I pay my taxes, and I work hard. Well...When I'm not posting in here...

I've ranted off track, so I'll come back to my quote of myself. America's strength has always been it's ability to draw in people from every country, ethnicity and background. These diverse cultures when brought together for a common goal: Liberty, Freedom, and the Pursuit of Happiness is the most powerful and insurmountable force ever seen in History. When we act in unison nothing is impossible. When we are fragmented and divided nothing is possible.

There was a time when people of Vision ran our country for the good of the Whole. Now we're lead by mediocre people and petty factions more interested in their own agenda, not the good of the Country.

Iraq had a higher voter turnout in their first election than we did in our last...and they had to worry about bombs at their polling places - not exit pollers!!

Turn off your TV. Wake Up! Get out! Get Involved!

Return to Top
#348730 - 04/20/05 01:16 PM Re: How To Destroy America
Anonymous
Unregistered

That was me above...Forgot to log in I was so fired up!

Return to Top
#348731 - 04/20/05 01:20 PM Re: How To Destroy America
An0n Offline
Gold Star
Between this and all the crap that's going on with our own government, do you think America is in it's death throws? Is it too late to do anything? ... Should I move to Canada, eh?

Return to Top
#348732 - 04/20/05 02:16 PM Re: How To Destroy America
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, I'm hoping it's more of a pendulum effect - Maybe we'll swing more towards greater personal responsibility than having the government tell us what's good for us.

Despite our flaws, America is still the place to be! It's nice to visit other countries, but it's even better knowing you're coming home to America.

Return to Top
#348733 - 04/20/05 02:28 PM Re: How To Destroy America
An0n Offline
Gold Star
True. I hope you're right B-Dubya. I hope it's a pendulum and not a landslide.

Return to Top
#348734 - 04/20/05 03:54 PM Re: How To Destroy America
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
P - thanks for the post - very thought provoking.

ZD

Return to Top
#348735 - 04/20/05 03:55 PM Re: How To Destroy America
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
gracias P.

Return to Top
#348736 - 04/20/05 04:01 PM Re: How To Destroy America
An0n Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

gracias P.

hee hee

Return to Top
#348737 - 04/21/05 05:18 PM Re: How To Destroy America
This proves that there are some thought-filled posters out there in Bolerland. We all should wake up to what's happening and get involved.

Return to Top
#348738 - 04/21/05 09:59 PM Re: How To Destroy America
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

This proves that there are some thought-filled posters out there in Bolerland.

Once again the true "Paragon" has revealed his extreme prejudice against anyone who disagrees with him. If you agree with him you're a "thought-filled poster." If you disagree with him you're a liberal moron.

Mark my words, folks, it's only going to get worse from here on out.

(You're up, P.)

Return to Top
#348739 - 04/21/05 10:28 PM Re: How To Destroy America
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Funny...usually Paragon was the one stirring up trouble...

Anon - I don't believe P said anywhere that if you did not agree that you were a "liberal moron."

Really...was that necessary?

Return to Top
#348740 - 04/21/05 11:26 PM Re: How To Destroy America
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Anon - I don't believe P said anywhere that if you did not agree that you were a "liberal moron."

Thanks for your comment, Someone, but I think Paragon is big enough to answer for himself.

Return to Top
#348741 - 04/21/05 11:28 PM Re: How To Destroy America
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for your comment, Someone, but I think Paragon is big enough to answer for himself.

Forget I said anything at all. I retract me earlier statement.

Return to Top
#348742 - 04/21/05 11:29 PM Re: How To Destroy America
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Forget I said anything at all. I retract me earlier statement.

P, thank you for your thoughtful and insightful posts. Keep up the good work!

Return to Top
#348743 - 04/22/05 05:44 PM Re: How To Destroy America
Thanks - I'm not out to stir anything up - it's just way too easy around Bolerland. Take the original post for what it is saying to you. Give the position some thought.

Return to Top
#348744 - 04/22/05 08:47 PM Re: How To Destroy America
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Thanks - I'm not out to stir anything up - it's just way too easy around Bolerland. Take the original post for what it is saying to you. Give the position some thought.

Whatever, dude.

Return to Top