Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#349080 - 04/21/05 10:27 PM Re: What is considered too much.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have rather nice assets but think cleavage is inappropriate for work. What is appropriate in one person's mind is inappropriate to someone else so leaving it up to each individual is pretty risky. I'm apalled that a lot of managers don't have what it takes to enforce a dress code. It's amazing how many tatoos you see between the bottom of the top and the top of the bottom.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#349081 - 04/21/05 11:21 PM Re: What is considered too much.....
MelissaAnn Offline
Platinum Poster
MelissaAnn
Washington State
Quote:

Wow, this thread gives a whole new meaning to "Regulation DD."

HA!

Return to Top
#349082 - 04/25/05 08:06 PM Re: What is considered too much.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

yeah- and MEN who are managers or supervisors won't say a darn thing when the cleavage is shown or the top is see through or the pants skin tight- because they like the view- at least around here they do. It's not professional period.

Like I said..... we can't help it, WE ARE MEN. You can't change 10,000 years of evolution in a half century... Deal with it, or go back into the kitchen..

Personally though, I prefer to see turtlenecks and short skirts

Return to Top
#349083 - 04/25/05 08:17 PM Re: What is considered too much.....
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
I love this forum Every time I come here I am glad that my greatest personnel issue is the cat running across the keyboard. Nevertheless, this brings up an important customer safety problem that surfaced at a bank where I used to work:

Since the new teller trainee tended to dress somewhat provocatively (slit skirts and scooped tops) it was decided to start her in the drive-in where her attire would be less of an issue. In her first few days at work, the teller trainer was observing her handling a transaction for a man driving a large, 4 wheel drive pick-up.

When the teller leaned over to take his deposit from the drawer, the man's eyes went wide and he apparently lost his concentration completely; his foot slipped off the clutch and he rear-ended the car in front of him where the previous customer had stopped to count his cash.

Return to Top
#349084 - 04/25/05 08:26 PM Re: What is considered too much.....
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#349085 - 04/25/05 10:33 PM Re: What is considered too much.....
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
I love it Ken, hilarious, but seriously, as a fashion challenged guy who has a healthy concern about harrassment claims, I would always discuss with a female supervisor (usually my Asst Mgr or Head Teller) and have them address the issue - many times these ladies are just waiting to see if us guys are going to step up to the plate and let them know this type of behavior is unacceptable -
No matter what all my friends might say!

Return to Top
#349086 - 04/25/05 10:46 PM Re: What is considered too much.....
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Tex - I agree, not something a male needs or should be addressing. I ask one of the female department supervisors to address for me.

Return to Top
#349087 - 04/30/05 06:19 PM Re: What is considered too much.....
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Put a sign on the bathroom mirror that says "This is How You Look to Your Customers".

Return to Top
#349088 - 05/02/05 06:15 PM Re: What is considered too much.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

With all of the cute, girlie cami's out there, there is absolutely no reason not to wear one under your low cut blouse, whether it be a button up blouse or whatever style. Professionalism is the utmost important factor here.

Aren't you afraid then of getting someone complaining because Suzie Que's underwear is showing? It's a no win situation no matter what.

I am 'well endowed' and I give everything the jiggle test in the morning. If my top drops down or goes slack when I bend over, it is too revealing. If when I turn side to side you can get a peak (as so many criss cross v-necks do), it is too much.

Seriously, if we start examining how every woman shows or does not show her clevage we're going to bring banking attire to the mid-19th century!

If someone has a problem with my top, please come up to me and mention that a little more can be seen than was probably intended. I will NEVER, EVER wear that top to work again. A club maybe

Return to Top
#349089 - 05/02/05 07:10 PM Re: What is considered too much.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

If someone has a problem with my top, please come up to me and mention that a little more can be seen than was probably intended. I will NEVER, EVER wear that top to work again. A club maybe

Hey, yeah, we can call it The Boob Police or The Cleavage Club.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry