BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#350839 - 04/25/05 01:52 PM Dual Employee
davidm Offline
100 Club
davidm
Texas
My institution is considering allowing a new accounts representative to also sale insurance. The representative has an insurance license. For institutions with dual employees, how do you accomplish this without creating confusion for the customer and FDIC insurance concerns.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#350840 - 04/25/05 02:00 PM Re: Dual Employee
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been in this situation many times. In one place, we simply had the customer move to antoher area that did not display any FDIC items but rather the insurance pieces. In the other instance, we used the same office but removed the free standing FDIC stand and as we did so, explained our actions to the customer, which helped them grasp the understanding that the two were not connected.

If your employee does a good job of ensuring the customer understands the differences, you should not have any problems.

Return to Top
#350841 - 04/25/05 07:38 PM Re: Dual Employee
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would think you are in the Non-Deposit Product area and must handle it as such.

Return to Top
#350842 - 04/26/05 03:59 AM Re: Dual Employee
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that two desks would be the best "insurance" that the customer won't be confused between the employee's new account and insurance sales roles. If it's done at the same desk you'll have to clearly hide the FDIC sign when switching conversation topics. It's much better to switch desks.

Return to Top
#350843 - 04/26/05 10:23 PM Re: Dual Employee
Anonymous
Unregistered

While it might be best to switch desks, it is not always an available option....

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett