Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#354244 - 05/02/05 04:21 PM Funny things kids say!!
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
My fiance took our son and I out to eat Saturday night. My 2 1/2 year old was drinking more of his juice than he was eating his food, so his dad told him that was enough juice until he finished eating. My son replied "NO!" Dad said "You heard me! I'm the boss, not you!". My son replied with "NO, MOMMY'S THE BOSS!". It was so funny the way he said it that everyone in the restaurant started laughing. We knew all the people there, so they proceeded to tease my fiance.

I'm sure some of you have some amusing stories about your kids. How about sharing?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#354245 - 05/02/05 05:48 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Peanut Offline
100 Club
Peanut
Midwest
My daughter is 4, we adopted her from Tver Russia and at the time of her adoption she had no language at all. We have been working very hard to get her caught up but there have been days that I thought we were failing miserably. Until one day when asking her where she lived and hoping to hear the name of our town, she instead replied quite matter-of-factly “inside”. What joy one word could bring!

Return to Top
#354246 - 05/02/05 06:40 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Snowgirl Offline
Platinum Poster
Obviously we have too much cussing going on in our household, because one particularly stressful day my husband was heading outside when the wind caught the screen door and ripped it out of his hand. He said, "Jesus". My 1 1/2 year old heard him in the living room and quietly finished the saying for him and said, "Christ"!

Return to Top
#354247 - 05/02/05 06:43 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can relate to the cussing story. One day I was driving with my 2-year old in her car seat. After several attempts to enter traffic I said in frustration, "You a--holes, let me out." My 2-year old then repeated what I said. So I had to tell her I was sorry and that a--holes was a bad word and we shouldn't say it. She then replied back to me and said, "We should just say holes, huh mom!" Pretty bad that she knew the bad part!!!

Return to Top
#354248 - 05/02/05 06:52 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
I don't know where he got it from, but my 4 year old son has discovered boobs! We were at the store the other day and there was a very large women there. He saw her a yelled "Look Mommy, she's got really big boobs!" I was embarassed, but I still thought it was kind of funny.

Return to Top
#354249 - 05/02/05 07:01 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I've never cussed a lot...mom wouldn't allow it. But when I had my daughter I said "shut up", "stupid" and "butt head" a lot. They weren' bad words so I didn't think much about them. UNTIL...my daughter was around 2 and we were in church. She was not sitting still, being loud and not minding me at all. I wispered in her ear that if she didn't mind I was going to take her to the bathroom and she was going to get in trouble. She very loudly replied "SHUT UP YOU STUPID BUTT HEAD".

Needless to say they all became bad words that no one was allowed to say.

Return to Top
#354250 - 05/02/05 07:01 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

A co-worker of mine had a very embarassing moment, when her son during a card party appeared before the group saying: "These are really big bandaids." What he had on was a box of feminine pads stuck all over his body!"

Return to Top
#354251 - 05/02/05 07:23 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Whenever my son hears anything that remotely sounds like flatulance he points in the direction of the sound and loudly pronounces that this person "pooped". I have become very cautious about sliding into booths at restaurants or sitting on leather chairs......

My wife had a habit of calling the dog stupid - "Stupid Dog". My son picked that up and had been calling his sister and me stupid when we made him mad, which I think my wife found amusing until he called her "Stupid Mom" over the weekend...

Return to Top
#354252 - 05/02/05 07:35 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
My ex and I, who don't usually have rows, especially in front of our son, were having a "dispute" in my kitchen one day over some scheduling issues. Of course a few expletives flew in the process, to which my ex had the nerve to say "Please don't curse in front of my son." .

To which my son said, "Why not Dad, you do!"

the hypocritical SOB...

Return to Top
#354253 - 05/02/05 07:40 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
When we go through the drive-through at McDonald's, my 4 year old daughter starts chanting "burger, burger, burger", my two year old son, wanting to be like his big sister, starts chanting along, only it comes out a bit different. He says "booger, booger, booger"

Return to Top
#354254 - 05/02/05 08:00 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
My daughter is the quintessential back seat driver..and just barely 5 years old. She has told everyone she could in the last week that I drove thru a red light (I am pretty sure it was yellow! )

Return to Top
#354255 - 05/02/05 08:11 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
RachelD Offline
Gold Star
I was in the grocery store with my 7 year old daughter. We were in the cereal aisle and she asked for cookie crisp. There were two other people in the aisle waiting to here my response. I told her that she couldn't have any "sugar cereals". The onlookers braced for a tantrum, but my darling daughter turned to me and said, "but Mom it has all of the essential vitamins and minerals". One of the onlookers laughed so hard he fell to his knees.

Return to Top
#354256 - 05/02/05 08:34 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
My daughter likes to give me a guilt trip. She will get in trouble for a lot of different things. I can always count on one of the following:
Do you forgive me?
I'm sorry mama?
or, the heartbreaker...
Do you still love me??

Return to Top
#354257 - 05/02/05 08:59 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
My son also likes to repeat things that mom and dad say. Right now two of his usual phrases are:

"Did you hear me?"

"This is my house. This isn't Daddy's house."

We have to hide our smiles and laughter when he says some things. It's funny, but we don't want him to see us laughing because then he will keep repeating it.

Return to Top
#354258 - 05/02/05 09:04 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Going Crazy Offline
Going Crazy
New England
My daughter is a 5 year old, avid Red Sox fan. She was watching TV one night, Boy Meets World, and came running into the kitchen yelling that he said a bad word on TV. Knowing this show, it's impossible to hear a "bad word" on it. After much cajoling, I finally persuaded her to tell me what the bad word was. She came up to me with her face red, and whispered, "Mommy, he said Yankees!!!"

Return to Top
#354259 - 05/02/05 09:06 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

My daughter and I were watching the world series a few years ago when the Giants were playing and she noticed how many times Barry Bonds was being walked intentially. She also took note of how the play by play announcer described the sequences "there's ball four for Bonds." "There's another ball four for Bonds."

After about the third time she heard this, she says "Daddy, why do they keep balling Barry Bonds?"

Needless to say, I haven't stopped laughing yet.

Return to Top
#354260 - 05/02/05 09:08 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Quote:

We have to hide our smiles and laughter when he says some things. It's funny, but we don't want him to see us laughing because then he will keep repeating it.

That is so true. I have to do that all the time. It's even funnier, when they are upset... I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings, but sometimes it's so uncontrollable.

Return to Top
#354261 - 05/02/05 09:09 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
beaconpaul Offline
100 Club
beaconpaul
Minnesota
My wife is particularly attached to the show Alias. The 2005 season premier was really good. Especially when they show the first fifteen minutes, then the credits. My wife, in her excitement yells: Paully, call my dad, this kicks *ss!!! Needless to say, our daughter (4) jumps off her lap and yells: Yeah, dad! this show kicks my butt!!

Amazing she knew which word to substitute.

Return to Top
#354262 - 05/02/05 09:15 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

My newphew, 3 years old, was in a store with his father. He had recently seen his first Woody Wood Pecker cartoon. In the store he saw something with Woody on it and proceeded to shout 'pecker-head daddy, pecker-head"

Return to Top
#354263 - 05/02/05 09:23 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
A few weeks ago I went on a field trip with my son's Kindergarten class and the teacher was going over the rules of protocol while being on the bus. She asked, "What are the rules of riding on the bus?" One little girl raises her hand and says, "No getting out of your seat." A little boy yells out "No yelling." Then my son raises his hand...and, in all seriousness, says, "No screwing around!" I laughed so hard I cried. Of course the teacher was less than amused and quickly corrected my son's rule by saying "No messing around."

Return to Top
#354264 - 05/02/05 10:19 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Quote:

...Of course a few expletives flew in the process, to which my ex had the nerve to say "Please don't curse in front of my son."

ROTFLMAO

BIG question???? Did you keep a straight face???

Return to Top
#354265 - 05/02/05 11:00 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Quote:

Then my son raises his hand...and, in all seriousness, says, "No screwing around!"

That is hilarious!

Return to Top
#354266 - 05/03/05 11:22 AM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

...Of course a few expletives flew in the process, to which my ex had the nerve to say "Please don't curse in front of my son."

ROTFLMAO

BIG question???? Did you keep a straight face???

Yeah, it was tough though...

Last night, he was doing his homework, I was stressing over my director education (today, 8:15 am), and he said "Could I just get a little cooperation around here?" I just cracked up, because that's what I say to him when he whines about something...

Return to Top
#354267 - 05/03/05 02:09 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Don't you love it when kids borrow our catchphrases?

I could write a book of these things (if I could actually remember all the things my kids have said). But here's a couple to keep the fun going:

Yesterday, my 7 year old daughter seemingly decided that she was no longer interested in a particular boy in her class. So when she got home from school, she announced to my wife, "Mom. Riley is so yesterday!"

Last year, when our puppy was still being housebroken, he had an accident in the hallway. My 14 year old son, being a typical teenage boy, stepped over the puddle about 5 times without bothering to clean it up (or even tell me it was there). I finally discover the puddle and as I'm cleaning it up, he comes through the hallway. So I said to him, "You know, you could have done this." His confused, but sincere, reply was, "Why would I pee in the hallway?"

Return to Top
#354268 - 05/03/05 02:13 PM Re: Funny things kids say!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Jac, that last one is too funny!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3