BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#354573 - 05/05/05 04:59 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
Very pleased that Scott is finally gone!! My American Idol boycott is over.

Although I don't think he'll win, Anthony has grown on me. I don't think I'll vote for him, but I'm glad he stayed and Scott left.

As for the Primetime show....I don't think that Corey Clark is all that honest. I kept watching his mannerisms and his body language. I felt that he fabricated some of his story because he wants to get his name out in the media again.

The whole Primetime exclusive show annoyed me. It seemed to me that ABC is trying to find out as much negative, shady information about American Idol as possible because Fox has such a ratings hit.

Not worth much, but there's my 2 cents!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#354574 - 05/05/05 05:01 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Maybe I'll try out next year, if they have an audition place close enough to home.

Return to Top
#354575 - 05/05/05 05:13 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

This is my response to those who don't think Scott is arrogant. Did anyone see when Ryan said to go sit on the couch and he kissed his hand, held it up to the sky and said thank you?????????? He thought for sure he was safe! I knew he wasn't because as someone already said, Ryan didn't say sit on the couch, you're safe. He thought for sure he was safe, that's arrogance. Anthony knew something was up. I would buy an Anthony CD over Scott anyday.

That's giving thanks to God for allowing him another week. It's not arrogance. Get over it.

Return to Top
#354576 - 05/05/05 05:16 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
I saw the Prime Time special as well and agree that Corey is just trying to get publicity now that he has a cd. If he had told all this earlier I would maybe believe that this some of it happened. At this point, I think some of it may have happened but he's embellishing the facts. And I certainly don't think it warrented that much air time.

Return to Top
#354577 - 05/05/05 05:32 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Bengalsfan, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear you had a crush on Scott the way you defend him so. Or you just get your jollies in arguing with everybody in the world.

But Scott is gone, most of us thought he was arrogant, so get over that.

Return to Top
#354578 - 05/05/05 05:35 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Bengalsfan, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear you had a crush on Scott the way you defend him so. Or you just get your jollies in arguing with everybody in the world.

No, no crush, just an understanding of him, and a frustration at the ignorance of the masses. Once upon a time, most of us thought the world was flat too. That wasn't correct either.

Return to Top
#354579 - 05/05/05 05:36 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
It worked, just wanted to see how long it took you to argue back and defend yourself .

Return to Top
#354580 - 05/05/05 05:38 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
BamaLaw Offline
BamaLaw
Quote:

That's giving thanks to God for allowing him another week. It's not arrogance. Get over it.

Confidance--believing he would be thinking about what song he would be singing next week.

Arrogance--stating on Tuesday that is what he would be doing on Wednesday night.

Stupidity--thinking that being grouped with Anthony was a good thing.

Arrogance--assuming himself to be safe.

Piety--acknowledging God and giving thanks for stupidly and arrogantly assuming himself to be safe.

Now...had he been gesturing a prayer of hope that he and Anthony were safe, that would not have been deemed as arrogance.

Return to Top
#354581 - 05/05/05 06:10 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

SuzyQ - seems like you are the one being argumentative. And unless you are counting your posts bashing Scott as more than one, I'd say it is a fairly even discussion.

Return to Top
#354582 - 05/05/05 06:18 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Stupidity--thinking that being grouped with Anthony was a good thing.

I have to agree with that one!

Return to Top
#354583 - 05/05/05 06:26 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

Quote:

This is my response to those who don't think Scott is arrogant. Did anyone see when Ryan said to go sit on the couch and he kissed his hand, held it up to the sky and said thank you?????????? He thought for sure he was safe! I knew he wasn't because as someone already said, Ryan didn't say sit on the couch, you're safe. He thought for sure he was safe, that's arrogance. Anthony knew something was up. I would buy an Anthony CD over Scott anyday.

Now, now Mr. Michael, don't get your shorts in a bunch, I don't care about Scott in the least and that was my first comment about his alleged "arrogance". Relax dude, it's only reality show.

Return to Top
#354584 - 05/05/05 06:47 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now, now Mr. Michael, don't get your shorts in a bunch, I don't care about Scott in the least and that was my first comment about his alleged "arrogance". Relax dude, it's only reality show.

Sorry, but I've been in the same boat he is, only it wasn't because I can sing at all. I've been accused of being arrogant, "better than thou", etc. so often I can't help but stand up for someone I see having the same thing done.

Return to Top
#354585 - 05/05/05 06:57 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
hmmm... birds of a feather, they say...

Return to Top
#354586 - 05/05/05 08:24 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I wonder what it is about this show that brings out such passion amongst the adherents of the various contestants. In the thread for my favorite reality show, The Amazing Race, you don't see people heatedly debating the merits of Rob & Amber versus Uchenna & Joyce. Then again, maybe singing is a more personal and emotional effort than, say, rapelling down a wall as is prone to happen on TAR.

Return to Top
#354587 - 05/05/05 09:23 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
My two cents on the passion it brings out is that on most reality shows the people come and go, you usually never see them again. It's a one time payout. But on Idol, this person may have a career that brings them dollars and a career for the rest of their lives. They are not going to fade away, it's possible they will be around for quite some time.

Return to Top
#354588 - 05/06/05 12:59 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Well said tahdah.

Return to Top
#354589 - 05/10/05 09:06 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

The themes tonight are supposed to be Nashville and the songs of Gamble and Huff (sort of Motowny). . .per idolforums.com

Return to Top
#354590 - 05/10/05 09:13 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Nashville ought to be good for Carrie. I bet Vonzelle will do great with the Motowny stuff. I expect Anthony will probably be the worst. Y'all can fill me in tomorrow, I've got a late meeting tonight.

Return to Top
#354591 - 05/11/05 12:56 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Carrie rocked on her first song, Dixie Chix song. OK on the second. Bo was good on both. Vonzell stunk on her first one but pulled it our for her 2nd. I thought Anthony did well on both of his. I'm guessing it's Vonzell or Anthony going home tonight, prob. Anthony.

Return to Top
#354592 - 05/11/05 01:19 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
Wish they could BOTH (Vonzell and Anthony)go home tonight. I hated Carrie's first song and missed second. I loved Bo's second song but thought his first one was a bad choice. Dislike the other two that I didn't even watch!

Carrie will probably be the winner but I think Bo will be a close second. Of course we are pulling for Bo here in Birmingham!

Return to Top
#354593 - 05/11/05 01:27 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
I thought that Anthony was consistently good on both his songs. Vonzell was lousy on her first song but kicked it up a notch on her second. Still think it is going down to Carrie and Bo with Bo taking it all, but as for tonight, I think Vonzell is going home.

Return to Top
#354594 - 05/11/05 01:28 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, please post comment on the other Idol thread. This one has gotten too long. Thanks.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4