BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#354523 - 05/04/05 02:05 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
I can't stand Scott!!! He is such an arrogant jerk!! I really hope that he goes tonight because I can't stand his attitude anymore.
Bo, Carrie and Vonzell were awesome last night. I think they will be in the final 3 also.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#354524 - 05/04/05 02:16 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I agree with everyone on who should be in the final 3. I hope BO wins it. He was great last night. I think Scott did a good job on the first song, but I didn't care for the second song. I thought Vonzell was good. Carrie is just OK. And Anthony just stinks in my opinion. I hope he is the one saying goodbye tonight.

Return to Top
#354525 - 05/04/05 02:16 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
JoAnne Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
Quote:

Please, please take Scott away tonight. Ok I'll admit that last night he did better than some previous weeks, but he was too arogant. What was with the remark that he was going to work or pick out the song for next week! Anthony and Scott need to go, hopefully Scott first. Vonzell, Bo and Carrie for f3. I really thought Bo and Carrie did great last night. Vonzell just didn't carry it for me last night as in the past several weeks.

Totally agree. At times last night, it seemed like Vonzell was screaming instead of signing. And Anthony just doesn't pick the right songs even if it is a ballad. Scott just turns my stomach. Bo and Carrie for f2.

Return to Top
#354526 - 05/04/05 02:28 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Bo and Carrie: Consumate professionals, I already know that within 6 months of the end of the final I'll be buying both of their albums. You know what you are getting, and they deliver.

Vonzell: Only one style? The BEST performers know who they are, and Vonzell does. She picks (usually) good songs for her, and she delivers performances by artists who are normally the death knell for others who attempt them. She did Celine Dion, Barbara Streisand, Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, Martha and the Vandellas, and now Elvis? She's got pipes, and I admire her for being who she is, just like Bo and Carrie. Stop the stupid kiss blowing already! She's going to get a platinum album too.

Scott: Get off him for being "arrogant". It's called confidence, and if you don't have it, you won't make it in the entertainment industry. You MUST be ready to go the next night and believe in yourself. Bo, Carrie, Vonzell, Scott, and even Anthony believe in themselves. Scott just doesn't look as good or hide his confidence as well. If any of the performers this year were arrogant, it was Constantine. Scott's performances this week were good. I would buy his version of On Broadway today, and probably next month too. It was inspired and inspiring. His second song was difficult, and he pulled it off.

Anthony: Why is he still around? All of the other performers are miles ahead of him, including several of the performers who are already gone. Frankly, I'm tired of seeing the sympathy vote for his surgery keep him in the competition. He grates on my last nerve. Last week, he wasn't *bad*. This week, he was, again.

Return to Top
#354527 - 05/04/05 02:53 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Last night was the first time I have ever voted.
Carrie: She was good. Definately in the top three.
Bo: He was good (he isn't my favorite, but he really was good)Definately in the top three.
Vonzell: She was just aiight for me. Not as good as I think she can be.
Anthony: Um, YUCK!!! I normally don't mind him, but he didn't do it for me last night, and I think he will go tonight.
Scott: The one I voted for!!!! He did a good job last night. It's like Paula said, it was the best night for him ever.

Return to Top
#354528 - 05/04/05 03:02 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Nameless Offline
100 Club
Chaos
Quote:

Frankly, I'm tired of seeing the sympathy vote for his surgery keep him in the competition.

What surgery? I must have missed that story. Usually when he's on I don't pay attention to the show...

Return to Top
#354529 - 05/04/05 03:15 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anthony - Terrible. Absolutely aweful.

Vonzelle -- Pretty good.

Bo -- Excellent

Carrie -- Excellent

Scott -- Pretty good. He starts out slow and then gets going.

Bo and Carrie were by far the best in my opinion. I think people like Scott because he isnt the typical drama king on stage. His personality is 100% real (compared to some fake from most of the contestants who make 'best friends' in 2 months).

Return to Top
#354530 - 05/04/05 03:17 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Frankly, I'm tired of seeing the sympathy vote for his surgery keep him in the competition.

What surgery? I must have missed that story. Usually when he's on I don't pay attention to the show...

I think he had surgery on his voice to make him sound like ass.

Return to Top
#354531 - 05/04/05 03:20 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Quote:

Quote:

When he was a little boy, he had something done to his throat. If you look at him, you can see a dent where his adams apple should be. They said he would never talk again, but he proved them wrong.

Return to Top
#354532 - 05/04/05 03:23 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
MelissaAnn Offline
Platinum Poster
MelissaAnn
Washington State
I voted for the first time last night too. I think Carrie or Bo will be the final 2.

Return to Top
#354533 - 05/04/05 03:39 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Why are people against Scott because they think he is arrogant? If you had to rid your music collection of every artist that is arrogant or seems to be arrogant, you'd probably be dumping 40 - 50% of you tunes (or more). Got anything by Mick Jagger?

Rather than arrogance, I actually think it is more of a hip-hop attitude he is "trying" to adopt. Did you see him laughing and holding onto Ryan after he made the "arrogant" comments last night? That body language suggested that it is all just a put on. It probably is his defense mechanism against nerves. He is pretty young and this "fame" thing is new to all of them. Remember: Judge not!

Return to Top
#354534 - 05/04/05 03:46 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

....Remember: Judge not!

I thought that is what this whole thing is about, judging someone, no?

Return to Top
#354535 - 05/04/05 03:47 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I agree - Bo and Carrie - and that would be a hard choice for me. I don't like Scott, I don't think he has that much talent and I bristle at the attitude. If that's not really his style, then why not just be himself.

Return to Top
#354536 - 05/04/05 03:49 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Quote:

Quote:

I think he was meaning not judging the contestant on their looks, attitude, etc. Of course we are supposed to judge them, but only on their singing and performance ability.

Return to Top
#354537 - 05/04/05 03:55 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Is the whole thing about judging whether someone is arrogant? I thought it was about judging their singing talent? I agree that it is hard to judge someone's talent positively when you don't like their "stage" personality. I just don't think we have enough information from edited sound bites and a few on-stage comments and body language to say that Scott is "arrogant."
Last edited by -Z-; 05/04/05 03:55 PM.

Return to Top
#354538 - 05/04/05 04:16 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I agree with Z. I personally don't think Scott is arrogant, I just think he is showing his confidence in himself. He has Simon telling him to pack his bags, and his job is to prove him wrong. That is just his way of doing it. I like Scott's voice. I don't think he is as talented as Bo or Vonzell, but he does have a decent voice.

Return to Top
#354539 - 05/04/05 04:51 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
I don't think Scott is arrogant either. If he doesn't think positive about his singing, no one else will either. I just think that most all of his songs sound the same. His first song was the best I have heard him sing. The last was terrible.

Bo was great. Yes, I voted.

Carrie was good also. Vonzell sounded flat at times. Anthony will be good one day, but not yet. He just isn't ready to be an idol.

Return to Top
#354540 - 05/04/05 05:04 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
I don't care who goes tonight as long as Bo and Carrie are the last two. Although I would like to see Scotts butt gone. He actually sounded better than Anthony, but his attitude stinks.

Return to Top
#354541 - 05/04/05 05:08 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I don't care who goes tonight as long as Bo and Carrie are the last two. Although I would like to see Scotts butt gone. He actually sounded better than Anthony, but his attitude stinks.

Please explain how his attitude stinks. He wants to win, he trys as hard as he can to prove someone who says he isn't good enough wrong. Man, that's HORRIBLE.

Return to Top
#354542 - 05/04/05 05:58 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Return to Top
#354543 - 05/04/05 06:10 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Those questioning anthony's illness/throat thing, he had (I'm going to completely misspell this word) a tracheotomy as a child-there's a "hole" in this throat you can notice the next time you see him), that's what could be earning him the sympathy vote.

Return to Top
#354544 - 05/04/05 07:16 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Bengalsfan, sorry you feel that way but I just think he is arrogant. And although I can't stand drugs or anyone who does them, I would pick a recovered drug user over a violent women beater any day.
Last edited by SUZY Q; 05/04/05 08:04 PM.

Return to Top
#354545 - 05/04/05 07:56 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I didn't watch the show but my daughter said Carrie was really good.

Return to Top
#354546 - 05/04/05 08:07 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
Quote:

Quote:

Anthony had a tracheostomy when he was young.

Return to Top
#354547 - 05/04/05 08:11 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Bengalsfan, sorry you feel that way but I just think he is arrogant. And although I can't stand drugs or anyone who does them, I would pick a recovered drug user over a violent women beater any day.

A single incident does not a violent women beater make. You don't know the whole story, and you are judging on just this. Besides, he's a Recovered woman beater who got in ONE fight with his wife. Who knows, maybe she picked the fight, or started it.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4