BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#354548 - 05/04/05 08:13 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
BamaLaw Offline
BamaLaw
Quote:

I think people like Scott because he isnt the typical drama king on stage. His personality is 100% real (compared to some fake from most of the contestants who make 'best friends' in 2 months).

Ummmmm...what personality? Are you saying he has one? He's done a great job of hiding it!

He has to go tonight. He should go first and then Anthony. However, I think the way Scott has stayed around so long is that, while he is consistantly bad, in each given week, there has always been one who was glaringly worse.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#354549 - 05/04/05 08:16 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

I think people like Scott because he isnt the typical drama king on stage. His personality is 100% real (compared to some fake from most of the contestants who make 'best friends' in 2 months).

Ummmmm...what personality? Are you saying he has one? He's done a great job of hiding it!

He has to go tonight. He should go first and then Anthony. However, I think the way Scott has stayed around so long is that, while he is consistantly bad, in each given week, there has always been one who was glaringly worse.

True, and in MOST weeks, that one who is glaringly worse is none other than ANTHONY.... Anthony should go now, and go far far away.

Return to Top
#354550 - 05/04/05 08:38 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread *DELETED*
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Post deleted by Andy Z

Return to Top
#354551 - 05/04/05 08:55 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

So if your wife or girlfriend started a fight with you, you think it is ok to fight back and throw punches. Not hardly. You don't hit a woman, especially if you are a big guy like Scott.

If I'm Lionel Richie and my wife beats my butt, yeah, I should be defending myself. Do I hit women? No. Can I imagine a situation where I would have no choice in the matter? Yes.

[Quote]I am going to tell you something. I shouldn't tell something like this to someone that doesn't know me, but I feel very strong about this. When I was 8 months pregnant with my son, his father threw me down a flight of stairs and then came down and backhanded in the face all because I said I didn't feel very well and would like him stay home instead of playing golf that day. So you think that is OK. Once a cheater, always a cheater. The same thing goes for abusers. I still have the scar from when he put a hot iron on my forearm one day while I was getting readdy for work. That was just because he felt like it. So yes, I don't like him. He is arrogant and rude and cocky and I can seriously see him doing it again. You do not recover from that.

I'm sorry you married a bad guy. As a good guy, I'm always shocked when I see a woman go back to a guy who doesn't treat them well, but they do. I hope that you aren't still with him, and didn't fall into this trap.

But there is a fine line between a domestic disturbance and a woman beating thug. We simply don't have the information to know if Scott is a man who beats up women or if he had a fight with his girlfriend and she filed charges as a way of winning the fight. It does happen. There are cases where there is a fight, and the guy defends himself and ends up going to jail because the woman cries and says she didn't do anything and he started it and beat her up. Lionel Richie is a perfect example. He was given probation at one time for "beating his wife". As time went on, it was found out that she regularly beat him up, and not the other way around.

If Scott is an abusive violent man (which 1 incident of violence in 10 years as an adult does not seem to imply), then I hope he pays for it, and am convinced that before it's over, he will.

Return to Top
#354552 - 05/04/05 09:36 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
When I was in college, a girlfriend of mine jokingly bent my finger backward. I don't know how she did not think it would hurt, but apparently she didn't. Reflexively, I pushed her away and she went to the ground. (It was turf, so the ground was soft.) She could not believe I would "hit" her. I told her I was sorry, but it was a reflex to the pain and it was not planned. I was just trying to get the the thing that was causing me pain away from me quickly. That is all my brain was thinking in the nanosecond it had to put together a thought. Anyway, we made up and all was fine.

I cannot conclusively say that ANY man who hits a woman is a wife beater if the woman begins beating him first.

BTW: I have never actually hit a woman and the last time I can remember hitting a man was in high school. I've stood up to some bullies since then and they have backed down, but I have not had to hit a man since high school.

Return to Top
#354553 - 05/04/05 10:19 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I tried to resist adding my 2 cents but I find I can't so here goes. First of all, as far as the performances last night:

Bo - I am not a big fan, but he was very solid and good last night

Vonzell - excellent, although she may have peaked too soo

Carrie - nice rebound - she sounded great, but she needs to find a way to have some more flair on stage - just a little bit more

Anthony - should be the one to leave tonight

Scott - I was real proud of him last night, especially on the first song - I thought he sounded great. He won't win, and next week will probably be his last, but I thought he fought well last night.

All that said, this thread has turned ridiculously ugly. It is all based on innuendo, half facts, rumors, etc.

This is about how they perform, not about their pasts. Unless you can honestly sit there and say you have never watched a movie, bought a CD, seen a concert, etc. that starred a performer who has never had a drug issue, alcohol issue, domestic violence issue, or any number of immoral and wrong behaviors, then why is everyone harping on these young performers. And it is amazing how some people think Scott is arrogant. It's because of how he looks and because he has a bit of, shall I say, "soul" in his character. He is no more arrogant than Constantine or Bo many others, including Anthony. If Scott carried the mike stand the way Bo does or kicked it the way Constantine did, I can't imagine what you'd think. Simon told Scott he would pack his bags - Scott just told Simon he was not planning on packing just yet - naybe he felt good about his performance.

Don't worry, Scott will soon be gone, but why kick him on his way out?? It's just a TV show.

Return to Top
#354554 - 05/05/05 01:46 AM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scott is gone! there is justice.

Return to Top
#354555 - 05/05/05 01:46 AM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scott is gone! there is justice.

Return to Top
#354556 - 05/05/05 01:50 AM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey scott, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you

Return to Top
#354557 - 05/05/05 02:10 AM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
JoAnne Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
Happy Birthday Anthony!!!

Return to Top
#354558 - 05/05/05 10:36 AM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interesting that Scott and Anthony thought the couch made them safe-I myself thought that's where the least favorites were heading. You still feel for all of them and even though I thought Scott had no personality he still has feelings. Anthony has got to go next. It'll probably be Bo and Carrie at the end because of the giantic fan base Carrie has. I personally thought Ryan screwed it up at the end the way he was talking it was as if Anthony was going home- not a good thing how he did it. Loved the row with him and Simon tho- sometimes Ryan makes himself look like a donkey!

Return to Top
#354559 - 05/05/05 01:30 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I personally thought Ryan screwed it up at the end the way he was talking it was as if Anthony was going home- not a good thing how he did it. Loved the row with him and Simon tho- sometimes Ryan makes himself look like a donkey!

Actually, I thought Ryan made it really clear once he said that Scott and Anthony were the bottom two. He asked Anthony what he was going to do the next week to bounce back before he announced who was going home.

I want to know how many people voted for Anthony because it was his birthday....

Return to Top
#354560 - 05/05/05 01:44 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
Ok. I am glad that Scott is gone. He was getting too cocky for me and I just couldn't stand him.
Anthony will be gone next week.

I have to say this in regards to the drug arrest in Bo's past and the arrest for fighting in Scott's past. What is the difference between their past records and our current hero's, favorite singers and favorite actors past? You hear everyday practically about peoples drug and alchold use(Pat O'Brien, Whitney Houston, Tim Allen etc. etc.) and the domestic arrest for some of out favorite football players, basketball players and baseball players? Most of us are still watching and paying to still see all of them correct? It really doesn't matter what is in someone's past because most of us are still going to continue to be their fans.

Return to Top
#354561 - 05/05/05 02:22 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Very well said CubDave and dalejrfan! I agree wholeheartedly with your comments.

I new right away that Ryan was turning things around when he sent Anthony to the couch because he never said "you are safe" as he always did. He just said "please have a seat on the couch". I don't know if any of you caught it, but Anthony new it was fishy as well because on his way to the couch he said "It's not over". So he knew. Although I wish it was him that had left last night, it naturally came down to Scott and Anthony.

Return to Top
#354562 - 05/05/05 02:42 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Too bad we can't vote off Seacrest....

Return to Top
#354563 - 05/05/05 02:45 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Too bad we can't vote off Seacrest....

He is annoying...

Return to Top
#354564 - 05/05/05 03:20 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Ok, so this is what I think:
Anthony- he should have went home, and he probably got the least number of votes, but because it was his birthday, they couldn't bear to kick him off.
Scott- he handled the rejection well, and still maintained his composure to sing one last time. I voted for him.

That being said, I know that the top 6 or so usually get a record deal. I would buy a Scott cd over an Anthony cd.

Return to Top
#354565 - 05/05/05 03:28 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
This is my response to those who don't think Scott is arrogant. Did anyone see when Ryan said to go sit on the couch and he kissed his hand, held it up to the sky and said thank you?????????? He thought for sure he was safe! I knew he wasn't because as someone already said, Ryan didn't say sit on the couch, you're safe. He thought for sure he was safe, that's arrogance. Anthony knew something was up. I would buy an Anthony CD over Scott anyday.

Return to Top
#354566 - 05/05/05 03:29 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Donnaj Offline
I've had my field day with Idol. My favorite is gone. Your new Idol will be BO Bice. Second Carrie Underwood and third Vonzell Solomon who has a nice voice but she sounds like someone who should be on broadway. To me Scott had the best voice for making someone into a great great singer. Kudos to Scott you did your thing and you made it to the top five. There certainly will be a record deal out there for you.

Ever wonder why they didn't do celebrity judges this year? They made idol very interesting because they can tell talent because they are out there. Anyways Idol maybe the #1 rated show now, but it's weaaring down. Don't know if I will watch next season.

Return to Top
#354567 - 05/05/05 03:39 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

This is my response to those who don't think Scott is arrogant. Did anyone see when Ryan said to go sit on the couch and he kissed his hand, held it up to the sky and said thank you?????????? He thought for sure he was safe! I knew he wasn't because as someone already said, Ryan didn't say sit on the couch, you're safe. He thought for sure he was safe, that's arrogance. Anthony knew something was up. I would buy an Anthony CD over Scott anyday.

Pizza Girl - I saw that too, but that doesn't make Scott arrogant - that just makes him a little stupid!

Return to Top
#354568 - 05/05/05 03:39 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Pizzaz, well said. I think the right choice was made. Like Simon said, the three left on the couch last night we exactly where they should be. Hope there is not some strange upset next week because it's Anthony's time to go.

Return to Top
#354569 - 05/05/05 03:41 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
So did anyone catch the primetime special? When I heard the rumors about Paula and this Corey Clark, I thought "no way". But the report made it sound like it could have happened. Who knows! I think that even if it did happen, Corey is just using it right now to bring attention to his new CD.

Return to Top
#354570 - 05/05/05 04:21 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scot is gone!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#354571 - 05/05/05 04:24 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Quote:

Scot is gone!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was me, forgot to log in.

Return to Top
#354572 - 05/05/05 04:59 PM Re: American Idol-The New Thread
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Next week, Anthony should be gone, but we may get a surprise, and it may be vonzell.

Top two: Bo and Carrie, with Bo taking the win.

The first year was a pretty girl, the second year a big guy, the third year a black girl. It's another year for a guy to shine. Hey, and it might as well be a rocker!!!

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4