BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#354762 - 05/03/05 04:05 PM Runaway Bride
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Sorry if this has been addressed and I missed it. (Examiners coming you know....) Does it get to anybody but me that people are mad about the runaway bride? I mean, did we want another Laci Peterson, or Lori Hacking? I had already decided that the fiancee did it. (how's that for a rush to judgement?) I'm just glad she is alive, and now can get some (apparently) much needed help. Okay, Rant over.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#354763 - 05/03/05 04:09 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I saw this on the front of one of the big state newspapers, but I didn't read the article. What happened?

Return to Top
#354764 - 05/03/05 04:46 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds like she really does need the help. I mean, didn't she think her fiance and family would be worried? It is because of the Laci Peterson case and others recently that she should have stopped and told someone that she just needed to get away and think about things.

I think what bothers people more is that when she found out her disappearance was being covered nationwide, she calls 911 and says she was kidnapped when she wasn't. She should have just contacted her family or authorities to say, "I'm OK." Seems to me she has some real issues.

Return to Top
#354765 - 05/03/05 04:48 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
That was me. Forgot to log on.
Last edited by LadyLuck; 05/03/05 04:49 PM.

Return to Top
#354766 - 05/03/05 04:52 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I guess what bothers me about the whole thing, was the unneccesary waste of manpower and other resources, because this dip$hit had a brain freeze.

What about other people who may have legitimately needed those police and other resources while they were wasting their time on her? She should be stoned, if for nothing else, stupidity.

Return to Top
#354767 - 05/03/05 04:55 PM Re: Runaway Bride
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I can't disagree with anything that has been posted. But the outcome is much better than it could have been. I would rather deal with wasted resources, than another person who killed somebody for whatever reason.

Return to Top
#354768 - 05/03/05 05:19 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I don't think people are mad because she ran, but because she falsely reported being abducted and wasted valuable investigation time.

Return to Top
#354769 - 05/03/05 05:25 PM Re: Runaway Bride
An0n Offline
Gold Star
The guards won't tell me.
I think the whole thing is damn funny! Everyone FREAKED out about the missing bride... didn't anyone say, "Hey, maybe she got cold feet?" I mean, come on!

Return to Top
#354770 - 05/03/05 05:28 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not only that, but she's not a young 18-year-old kid. She's 32 and should know better. She bought the bus ticket before she had her final rehearsal dinner, she cut her hair real short, and she wasn't dressed in the jogging shorts, so she even hid clothes to change into. This guy should rid himself of her now because this will never become a balanced relationship. No balanced, stable 32-year-old woman reacts to wedding planning stress by planning a bustrip the day before the wedding. They lost money, deposits, not to mention the complete loss of her credibility.

Return to Top
#354771 - 05/03/05 05:32 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Anonymous
Unregistered

We shouldn't jump to conclusions 'cause nobody knows the full story yet. Maybe the guy is abusive and she's abused. Maybe she realized the wedding was way over budget. Maybe she got on the wrong bus thinking it was local and didn't realize it was a long-distance bus going cross country. We just don't know.

Return to Top
#354772 - 05/03/05 05:36 PM Re: Runaway Bride
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I think she should have to pay for the hours spent searching for her and all the costs involved. Make an example and perhaps the next person will think twice about doing something similar.

Return to Top
#354773 - 05/03/05 05:42 PM Re: Runaway Bride
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
My opinion only.

I feel for everyone involved. Her family, her boyfriend, and the bride. But, if I were that husband to be, I think that I would be thinking thing over really hard. Cold feet???? Lets face it, she isn't a 17 year old kid. Apparently, she does need help....

I understand that there is talk of possible jail time. I don't think what she did merits jail time. I do, however, think that she should be required to pay back the money used in the search.....and the reward money ($100,000) should now be donated to the police, FBI or whatever....

Return to Top
#354774 - 05/03/05 06:06 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

I think she should have to pay for the hours spent searching for her and all the costs involved. Make an example and perhaps the next person will think twice about doing something similar.

So if someone just decides to leave they are legally obligated to make sure no one looks for them? To my knowledge, she didn't do anything when she left to cause anyone to believe she had been abducted.

She did lie when she initially came forward, but no additional search time or resources were wasted as a result of that. If they want to charge her with filing a false report, charge her.

Return to Top
#354775 - 05/03/05 06:10 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Peepers Offline
10K Club
The morning radio guys here had an interesting perspective. If she is indeed this nutty and the groom still marries her knowing this, then he isn’t allowed to complain about anything else she does from now on, he’s been warned.

Return to Top
#354776 - 05/03/05 06:17 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
The Today show showed clips of the fiance from another show he was on last night. He said he still wants to marry her. Love is blind, as they say. She did plan this whole getaway a week in advance. Everyone in her family and all her friends said she could not be a runaway bride because she was so happy and couldn't wait to be married. They said it would be totally out of character for her. Apparently she had everyone fooled.

Return to Top
#354777 - 05/03/05 06:21 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

My opinion only.

I understand that there is talk of possible jail time. I don't think what she did merits jail time. I do, however, think that she should be required to pay back the money used in the search.....and the reward money ($100,000) should now be donated to the police, FBI or whatever....

What about the resources that were used to track her and the REAL victims who weren't helped because of this?

If you've got cold feet, it's MUCH easier to just say "Honey, I know it's only a week before the wedding, but I'm not sure I want to get married after all."

Return to Top
#354778 - 05/03/05 06:22 PM Re: Runaway Bride
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Quote:

We shouldn't jump to conclusions 'cause nobody knows the full story yet. Maybe the guy is abusive and she's abused. Maybe she realized the wedding was way over budget. Maybe she got on the wrong bus thinking it was local and didn't realize it was a long-distance bus going cross country. We just don't know.

Wait a minute- she called and said she had been kidnapped- what she did was stupid- why she did it we'll probably not know everything. Yeah, she should be made to pay for the search etc that took place for her. And to the man she is engaged to- one word- RUN.

Return to Top
#354779 - 05/03/05 06:26 PM Re: Runaway Bride
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
A local radio station (mostly male station mind you) had a bunch of callers saying that if he still married her, he had a permanent get out of jail free card over her for the rest of their lives, kind of like, remember that time you ran out on our wedding? I thought it was funny.
Last edited by Pizzaz; 05/03/05 06:27 PM.
Return to Top
#354780 - 05/03/05 06:27 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Remember Audry Seiler?

Return to Top
#354781 - 05/03/05 06:33 PM Re: Runaway Bride
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
If the family has the resources to offer the $100,000 reward to find her, they should use that money to reimburse the authorities and merchants that used time, money and merchandise in the search.

Return to Top
#354782 - 05/03/05 06:53 PM Re: Runaway Bride
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
With all the craze over Laci Peterson and Lori Hacking, I think this woman ought to be ashamed of herself. Her family was scared to death, she had people out looking for her....... I think she should face some sort of punishment for this. If women do crap like this, maybe the next Laci or Lori won't be taken seriously.

Return to Top
#354783 - 05/03/05 09:49 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Anonymous
Unregistered

Isn't it possible she just got on the wrong bus?

Return to Top
#354784 - 05/03/05 09:54 PM Re: Runaway Bride
bluebanker Offline
Diamond Poster
bluebanker
Bear Country
Quote:

To my knowledge, she didn't do anything when she left to cause anyone to believe she had been abducted.

I thought she had left her clothes laying in the woods or something to make it look like she was abducted...along with leaving behind some important things.

Return to Top
#354785 - 05/03/05 10:04 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
I don't know if that's true or not - but it could have just been where she changed out of her jogging clothes. Cite her for littering.

Return to Top
#354786 - 05/03/05 10:25 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, wouldn't that be suspicious to you Jokerman? A woman says she is going jogging, her clothes are later found, but they still cannot find her. Her family says she wouldn't leave of her own free will. That wouldn't make you think abduction?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3