Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#354787 - 05/03/05 10:28 PM Re: Runaway Bride
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
I saw the interview with the fiance this morning. When he was talking about how the first thing he did when he saw her was to replace her engagement ring, all I could think was how controlling a gesture that was. It was as though he was re-inforcing that she belonged to him. (Meaning ownership not love)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#354788 - 05/03/05 10:50 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Anonymous
Unregistered

Idiots are a dime a dozen...that she becomes newsworthy shows that level of decadence that has permeated this society.

Return to Top
#354789 - 05/04/05 03:09 AM Re: Runaway Bride
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Well, wouldn't that be suspicious to you Jokerman? A woman says she is going jogging, her clothes are later found, but they still cannot find her. Her family says she wouldn't leave of her own free will. That wouldn't make you think abduction?

I'm not saying it's an unreasonable conclusion to draw. I'm saying we shouldn't find this woman guilty of a crime because we jumped to the wrong conclusion.

(Again, so far as she has committed a crime - filing a false report - feel free to prosecute. I think some sort of community service would be in order. I just don't agree that we are all accountable to the state for our whereabouts.)

Return to Top
#354790 - 05/04/05 01:07 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I saw the interview with the fiance this morning. When he was talking about how the first thing he did when he saw her was to replace her engagement ring, all I could think was how controlling a gesture that was. It was as though he was re-inforcing that she belonged to him. (Meaning ownership not love)

Oh, come on! A manipulative woman who concocts such a scheme and feigns having been abducted by armed people and you're targeting the duped guy?! Get real. The guy is a complete wimp. She is not an abused baby; she's in her thirties! Please...

Return to Top
#354791 - 05/04/05 01:54 PM Re: Runaway Bride
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
CNN news story last night said this is the second time she got cold feet...the first time the guy did not end up marrying her. Also, what kind of idiot plans a wedding with 600 attendees and 14 people standing? Gee, maybe a bit of Mom & Dad pressure here? I guess it is a good thing that no one came out and accused the fiance, as he would be rolling in a lawsuit tight now.

If he still marries her he has as many issues as she does.

Skunkboy - here is a possibility for you...free, and loves to exercise (RUN)...lol

Return to Top
#354792 - 05/04/05 02:04 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I wonder how many bridesmaids she'll be able to have next time? If I were one of them, I wouldn't even talk to her!

Return to Top
#354793 - 05/04/05 03:43 PM Re: Runaway Bride
bluebanker Offline
Diamond Poster
bluebanker
Bear Country
Quote:

Wow! Turning it around on him. Maybe he was wanting to replace it to remind her that he'll always be there for her (which is idiotic, if you ask me). Women get so defensive sometimes and want to assume the worst. When I read that, I thought that he wanted her to know he's still committed to the relationship, not that he owns her. Someone's been watching too much Dr. Phil...

Return to Top
#354794 - 05/04/05 04:34 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I heard a story on the local news this morning that hispanic groups in Albuquerque are demanding an apology from the runaway bride because she accused a hispanic man in the kidnapping report. They say that put all of the hispanic males at risk. I guess things are getting a little out of hand. I mean, she also accused a white woman, so that would also put all white women at risk too, right? Don't get me wrong, I am hispanic, but I think people are missing the point here. The fact that she made a false report should be the issue. That is what she should apologize for. I don't think it should be a race issue now.

Return to Top
#354795 - 05/04/05 04:35 PM Re: Runaway Bride
bluebanker Offline
Diamond Poster
bluebanker
Bear Country
But it's ALWAYS a race issue...

Return to Top
#354796 - 05/04/05 04:52 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

But it's ALWAYS a race issue...

Yeah, she was RACING to get away from her fiance.....

Return to Top
#354797 - 05/04/05 04:54 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment

Return to Top
#354798 - 05/04/05 05:49 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Wow! Turning it around on him. Maybe he was wanting to replace it to remind her that he'll always be there for her (which is idiotic, if you ask me). Women get so defensive sometimes and want to assume the worst. When I read that, I thought that he wanted her to know he's still committed to the relationship, not that he owns her. Someone's been watching too much Dr. Phil...

I agree with Blue. I don't think he meant it in a controlling way, just that he still loves her. Having said that, it was probably not the right thing for him to do. She obviously ran because she has issues with being or getting married, so that probably wasn't the wisest thing for this guy to do. It probably added to her pressures.

Return to Top
#354799 - 05/04/05 05:50 PM Re: Runaway Bride
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
I'm so sorry that I posted one small observation about the fiance. I really wasn't trying to place blame or "turn it around on him." This whole story is weird and that is just one part of it. (and blue, I've never watched Dr. Phil)

Return to Top
#354800 - 05/04/05 07:01 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was just waiting for someone to start this thread. Since I live approximately 200 - 300 miles away from where she lives, I am assuming we are getting additional coverage of the "Runaway Bride". Sounds as if the priviledged Runaway Bride needs to grow up a bit.
I recall a similar scenario during the late 80's in suburban Chicago. Two college students who were dating went missing from the private college in which they attended. For numerous days, law enforcement, family, and friends were searching for them. Finally, the missing students contacted authorities - I believe the story was that they were carjacked. When the facts came out they were not carjacked but had spent a couple of days away from school, together and spent alot of money on Rush Street.

These kids were in their late teens (should have known better) and I think they were prosecuted. Runaway Bride is in her 30's and should face the music. Prosecute.

Return to Top
#354801 - 05/04/05 07:05 PM Re: Runaway Bride
bluebanker Offline
Diamond Poster
bluebanker
Bear Country
Well I guess with all the anti-men sentiment in the threads these days I assumed this was going to be turned into another male-bashing segment. I just read that comment as a typical women's lib comment...releasing the bride from all responsibility because men are evil...

Return to Top
#354802 - 05/04/05 07:13 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Well I guess with all the anti-men sentiment in the threads these days I assumed this was going to be turned into another male-bashing segment. I just read that comment as a typical women's lib comment...releasing the bride from all responsibility because men are evil...

Baby, baby, stick your head in gravy...

Return to Top
#354803 - 05/04/05 07:38 PM Re: Runaway Bride
An0n Offline
Gold Star
The guards won't tell me.
Of course men are evil. Women are just stupid enough to try and change us.

Return to Top
#354804 - 05/04/05 07:42 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Isn't it possible she just got on the wrong bus?

Sure. And she probably discovered it while she was gambling in Las Vegas.

Return to Top
#354805 - 05/04/05 07:52 PM Re: Runaway Bride
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
Quote:

If I have participated in any man bashing and caused offence, I apologize . I don't believe that men are evil- quite the contrary. Perhaps I did not communicate what I was trying to say very well. The point of my post was that she's not the only one with issues. I was not trying to say that it was any one person's fault. (Ok, it's mostly her fault.)

It might give you a little insight to know that non-women's libbers vent about men too. You should always take man-bashing with a grain of salt and a lot of humor. This is mostly girl talk. We just don't usually let you listen.

Return to Top
#354806 - 05/04/05 07:54 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

If I have participated in any man bashing and caused offence, I apologize...

But, I don't... Oops, the Devil made me say it...

Quote:

This is mostly girl talk. We just don't usually let you listen.

That was very cute!

Return to Top
#354807 - 05/04/05 07:55 PM Re: Runaway Bride
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Quote:

Isn't it possible she just got on the wrong bus?

sure right after she called and said she was kidnapped.

Return to Top
#354808 - 05/04/05 07:58 PM Re: Runaway Bride
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
"women's lib"...Haven't heard that since, what, the early 80s?

Return to Top
#354809 - 05/04/05 08:10 PM Re: Runaway Bride
An0n Offline
Gold Star
The guards won't tell me.
yeah we heard it in the 80's, but we've been feeling it ever since.

Return to Top
#354810 - 05/04/05 08:12 PM Re: Runaway Bride
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North

Return to Top
#354811 - 05/04/05 08:15 PM Re: Runaway Bride
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Of course men are evil. Women are just stupid enough to try and change us.

Not true. Women are evil, and there is logical proof....

Premise: Any guy knows that a woman requires time and money.

Premise: Time = Money

It follows that a woman is Money squared.

And we ALL know that money is the root of all evil....

Thus women are evil, or at least require evil...

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3