Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#36332 - 10/09/02 02:26 PM ATM New York City specific laws
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe it is NYC law section 70 regarding specific ATM requirements. I have been looking all morning for the site. If someone knows where I could find this information please let me know. I want to keep a copy in my ATM file.

Much Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#36333 - 10/11/02 07:46 PM Re: ATM New York City specific laws
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
I know where to look for New York State Law. Are you sure you need New York City????

Return to Top
#36334 - 10/15/02 02:10 PM Re: ATM New York City specific laws
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah thanks the city has tougher standards than the state. I think I have it covered by I want to have backup documentation.

Return to Top
#36335 - 10/16/02 02:25 PM Re: ATM New York City specific laws
Pat Ericsson Offline
New York, New York
Below are the requirements for NYC that are in addition to the state regulations:

In addition to enforcing the security requirements listed in the Act, inspectors with oversight of ATM locations within New York City are required to insure that banking institutions are in compliance with Local Law 70. This is the New York City ATM law which predated the State ATM Safety Act. Under Local Law 70 the following security criteria must also be met:

Reflective mirror or surfaces at each ATM which provides the user a rear view;
ATM entry doors must be equipped with fire bolts pursuant to paragraph two of subdivision K of section 27-371 of the code; and
ATMs must be equipped with a surveillance camera or cameras, which view and record all persons entering exiting and moving within or about an ATM.

Return to Top
#36336 - 10/16/02 06:53 PM Re: ATM New York City specific laws
skinnyminny Offline
Gold Star
skinnyminny
Heaven in comparison to my pri...
These laws are lots of fun to find when you need them! Try this NYS Banking Dept. Towards the end, you'll find the details of Local Law 70, which was cited in the previous response to your question.

Return to Top
#36337 - 10/22/02 01:50 PM Re: ATM New York City specific laws
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks everyone It is so hard just to find the actual law that you need when you need it. It shouldn't be that hard!!!
Pat it's Kathy from National Bank of NYC thanks for answering!

Return to Top
#36338 - 05/07/04 07:46 PM Re: ATM New York City specific laws
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow! I need to do some research on this law. It's a bear, because I really can't find the actual text of the law. There seems to be some kind of 15-second rule, but I can't find it anywhere in print.

Return to Top