Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

What about an album of duets with Bo and Carrie:

Stumblin' In - originally by Suzi Quatro and Chris Norman

Leather and Lace - originally by Stevie Nicks and Don Henley

Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing - Originally by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

For Carrie's strength how about a Loretta and Conway song, or a Tammy and George song, or a Dolly and Porter song. Kenny Rogers did some duets. Any other suggestions?

Stop Dragging My Heart Around - Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks

Islands in the Stream - Kenny Rogers and Dolly

Endless Love - Diana Ross and Lionel "My Wife Kicked My Butt" Richie

You Don't Bring Me Flowers - Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#363523 - 05/25/05 09:03 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
Granted, with grooming Carrie will go along way - it's very obvious they were nervous last night - heaven knows I sure couldn't have got up on that stage knowing over 30 million viewers will be critiquing my vocals that may have cracked, or get up there and move that body - I think they both have grown tremendously.

My vote sticks! - Carrie

Return to Top
#363524 - 05/25/05 09:54 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Quote:

Quote:

Isn't this supposed to be for amateurs? If Bo has already recorded a CD and been performing on stage, then how does that compare to someone that is green and new to the industry?

Carrie released a CD when she was 13-14 also. She has been performing since she was little. Not quite like having a band (Purge, and Sugar Money), but she isn't exactly green either. His experience certainly shows through in his performances, and I think that once Carrie gets used to singing in front of larger crowds, and singing more often, she will be a heck of a perfomer.

Didn't know about her CDs. Everyone just kept talking about Bo's.

Return to Top
#363525 - 05/25/05 10:07 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
How about "I'm a little bit Country, I'm a little bit Rock and Roll"?

Return to Top
#363526 - 05/25/05 10:29 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Anonymous
Unregistered

GO BO!!!!!! GO BO!!!!!!

Return to Top
#363527 - 05/26/05 12:02 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Oh well.

Return to Top
#363528 - 05/26/05 12:04 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Anonymous
Unregistered

They say its what America wanted- sorry but with the people voting how many times each for their favorite- its not what America wanted - its what America got.
I said I wished them both luck- but don't change what it is all about either- Simon said Bo was nervous on the big stage and Carrie pulled it off the last night- and she would win- well talk about consistency each week and who had it each week. Talk about who forgot her lines to songs some nights and talk about off key at times too.

They both will do something good with their lives no doubt-even though America was not ready for a "rock and roller" the voting still has issues to be dealt with. You not only have the phone calling in abuse but you have the text messaging in abuse too. How can anyone say it's fair to have someone vote 40 times a night for their favorite? I don't get it at all. It would be really interesting to go back and take one phone call per phone number and see what the results are- maybe the results would not change but it would surely be interesting to see just how many one phone number calls there really was.
One more thing- the commercial with Paula and Simon kissing- that was puke city- they need to throw that scene in a rip roaring fire. Yuck!

Return to Top
#363529 - 05/26/05 02:18 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Anonymous
Unregistered

The whole voting thing stinks. To say that there were a half a billion votes is really misleading. It could have really just been a bunch of people voting a million times each. There have been people on this thread alone who say they vote 40-50-60 times each. Now is when the REAL contest begins: who's gonna sell the most CD's?

Return to Top
#363530 - 05/26/05 02:20 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

The whole voting thing stinks. To say that there were a half a billion votes is really misleading.

No, it's not at all misleading. They didn't say half a billion PEOPLE voted, they said half a billion votes. They assume an average of 10 votes per person.

Return to Top
#363531 - 05/26/05 02:32 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay. I guess I forgot to put IMO. IMO, I believe that the voting tally is misleading. I don't think it should be many, many votes per person.

Return to Top
#363532 - 05/26/05 07:31 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I heard only 146 votes separated the 2, not sure if that's true.

Return to Top
#363533 - 05/26/05 07:37 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What about an album of duets with Bo and Carrie:

Stumblin' In - originally by Suzi Quatro and Chris Norman

Leather and Lace - originally by Stevie Nicks and Don Henley

Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing - Originally by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

For Carrie's strength how about a Loretta and Conway song, or a Tammy and George song, or a Dolly and Porter song. Kenny Rogers did some duets. Any other suggestions?

Stop Dragging My Heart Around - Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks

Islands in the Stream - Kenny Rogers and Dolly

Endless Love - Diana Ross and Lionel "My Wife Kicked My Butt" Richie

You Don't Bring Me Flowers - Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond

Picture - Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock if that's not Bo and Carrie marketable I don't know what is

Return to Top
#363534 - 05/26/05 07:39 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let me get this straight...Bo & Carrie both have out CD's from BEFORE American Idol? That doesn't seem quite fair. Also on the Constantine issue... at first I thought he was da' bomb. But after thinking it over-he is just too full of himself.

Return to Top
#363535 - 05/26/05 07:42 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I heard only 146 votes separated the 2, not sure if that's true.

@!&*, I knew I should've voted another 150 times!

Return to Top
#363536 - 05/26/05 07:42 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Also on the Constantine issue... at first I thought he was da' bomb.

EEWWWWW! YUCK!

Return to Top
#363537 - 05/26/05 07:42 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What about an album of duets with Bo and Carrie%3

Return to Top
#363538 - 05/26/05 08:00 PM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Quote:

Let me get this straight...Bo & Carrie both have out CD's from BEFORE American Idol? That doesn't seem quite fair. Also on the Constantine issue... at first I thought he was da' bomb. But after thinking it over-he is just too full of himself.

Depends on how the CD was made and promoted. Anyone can rent a studio and make a CD. Our High School group does it for a fund-raiser every year. A friend of mine made one as a gift for her parents. That's a lot different than if it if promoted on radio and sold in retail stores, internet, etc.

Return to Top
#363539 - 05/27/05 12:01 AM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Bo, Carrie, and Vonzell have each cut their own CD, and were trying to break into the business prior to Idol. Carrie and Bo each had a minor league promotion manager who booked them for clubs and such prior to the show, but neither was under "contract".

Return to Top
#363540 - 05/27/05 11:45 AM Re: American Idol-Last nights show
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
It's difficult to limit the voting to one vote per telephone number. What if you have a group of people in one place? Each person should be able to vote for his or her choice. What if a husband and wife want to vote for someone different? Especially when there were six or more contestants to vote for.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3