Unregistered

What areas require Risk Assessment ?

Return to Top
Audit
#364923 - 05/27/05 06:59 PM Re: ? Risk Assessment
Jayda's Mom Offline
100 Club
North
IMO, from an audit standpoint, you should be performing a risk assessment on all areas in which you audit. I attended the ICBA Audit Institute and they had a great example of one.

Return to Top
#364924 - 05/31/05 01:05 PM Re: ? Risk Assessment
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I agree with JM, and it should be updated as risks change.

Return to Top
#364925 - 05/31/05 03:34 PM Re: ? Risk Assessment
litmachog Offline
litmachog
Arkansas
I would agree but take it a little bit further. All areas of the bank should be included in your risk assessment including areas you don't audit. These areas may not be audited due to the fact that you consider it such a low risk but you should be able to define that through your risk assessment for the examiner purpose. Also, you would want to include in your risk assessment any areas that are audited by outside firms. Also I perform a separate I/T Risk assessment that is principally built around the FFIEC Examination booklets.

Return to Top
#364926 - 06/01/05 09:14 PM Re: ? Risk Assessment
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
All areas. I am with litmachoq.

Return to Top
#364927 - 06/08/05 04:32 PM Re: ? Risk Assessment
murphysgirl Offline
Gold Star
murphysgirl
Home of the Red Sox
And do not drive yourself crazy with the "All Areas" risk assessment. Develop a RA committee made up from a qualified representative from each area and assign the risk assessment task to them and their department. Give them a uniform risk assessment matrix to work from and a reasonable amount of time to complete the assessment and to submit it to you for your review and to make suggestions. And do not forget to make the risk assessment part of your annual review for changes and updates and have it voted and accepted by your board.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z