Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#367849 - 06/03/05 04:14 PM E-mail Confidentiality notices
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't know where to post this question, but it came up in a recent meeting with our IT department.

Are there any regs or laws that require banks to add a confidentiality statement at the bottom of their e-mails? I've seen this done in e-mails from law firms because of attorney-client confidentiality, but not in a bank setting.

If anyone can point me to a relevant reg or banking law that can address my question, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks and happy Friday!

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#367850 - 06/03/05 09:36 PM Re: E-mail Confidentiality notices
Anonymous
Unregistered

it would be a great customer feeling if you just put something on ..

Return to Top
#367851 - 06/06/05 01:20 PM Re: E-mail Confidentiality notices
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Dub-ya, I don't think that there is any specific legal requirement, it is sort of a "cover your butt" sort of thing...

Return to Top
#367852 - 06/07/05 10:19 PM Re: E-mail Confidentiality notices
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
There is no requirement I have seen. It is more of a request and a stick than a requirement that is enforceable. What gets me is that if I got a message and read it, the disclosure is at the bottom 9.9 times out of 10. Wouldn't it make more sense to put it at the top so I could say, "hey, this isn't for me, I shouldn't read this." Rather than, "hey, pretty good stuff here through paragraph 2, think I'll forward this on and blog it before I read the rest."
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett