Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#368305 - 06/04/05 12:23 AM Birthdays
MelissaAnn Offline
Platinum Poster
MelissaAnn
Washington State
I am having another birthday in July, and it seems like everyone I am around gets depressed around there birthdays because they are getting "old."
How old were you when you started dreading your birthday?
I am turning 26, but am happy with where I am in my life... I am not looking forward to 30 though.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#368306 - 06/04/05 01:51 PM Re: Birthdays
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
I am 28, I started dreading 30 when I turned 27. I thought this year was going to be a little better, but I brokedown. I think it was a combo of my birthday being the day after Valentine's day and my boyfriend forgetting until the last minute on my birthday that he missed both. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to 30, although it seems like I am older than I really am.

Return to Top
#368307 - 06/06/05 01:29 PM Re: Birthdays
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Geez, guys... just wait until you flip over the 40 line... now that is depressing...

Return to Top
#368308 - 06/06/05 01:44 PM Re: Birthdays
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Oh gosh, I *loved* turning 30. I didn't expect to, but somehow it was so liberating! I don't know if 40 will be the same way, somehow I think not.

The Junebug just turned 2. Sigh. My baby is growing up so fast.

Return to Top
#368309 - 06/06/05 02:03 PM Re: Birthdays
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Turning 30 didn't bother me at all. In fact, I had the worst hang-over of my life the next day!

I turned 40 this year and I thought I was going to have a hard time but my pity party lasted about 10 minutes...I am not getting older, I am getting better!! Oh, and a friend reminded me that having birthdays is better than the alternative...

Return to Top
#368310 - 06/06/05 10:16 PM Re: Birthdays
beaconpaul Offline
100 Club
beaconpaul
Minnesota
Thirty, shmirty. I am 32, and I still think I am a kid of 23. I play computer games, when I have time. I play golf. I talk with my twin brother (identical) and we still call each other "dude". I still look for the simple pleasures and read fantasy books about wizards and people with swords.

It's all about attitude.The thirty two and a half years have taught me a few things.
1. don't stick pennies in electrical outlets.
2. don't eat yellow snow.
3. Yes, even cheese can mold if you leave it in the frig long enough.
4. When your body won't tolerate the same level of physical activity it did last summer, start coaching.
5. Eventually you will be like an adult and have life experiences to draw knowledge from.
6. It's just work.
7. Cliche's are so cliche.
8. It takes all kinds to make the world go around.
9. You seen one member of the opposite sex naked, you will probably want to see them all.
10. Eventually you can say things like "I remeber when there was no internet."

Wow, it taught me a lot, still feel like a kid.

Return to Top
#368311 - 06/06/05 10:22 PM Re: Birthdays
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
beaconpaul...32, an identical twin, and a whisky drinker? I can't believe you stood me up at the bar last Friday...you are just my type!

Return to Top
#368312 - 06/06/05 10:26 PM Re: Birthdays
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Hey, I'm only 21, and I have NEVER had a good birthday. Not one. To answer the original question, I have dreaded my birthday ever since I can remember.

Return to Top
#368313 - 06/06/05 10:31 PM Re: Birthdays
CUgirl Offline
Gold Star
South Mississippi
I'll be 29 this year. I think that I am going to be hysterical when I turn 30. I can remember when my parents where in their 30's!!!!!

Return to Top
#368314 - 06/06/05 10:36 PM Re: Birthdays
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
I turned 29 in April. Honestly, it was a bit traumatic. Not because of the number itself, but because I recognized that there were things that I had hoped to accomplish by now. It turned out to be a great birthday, though and I've written out what my goals are and how I'm going to accomplish them. I'm finding that once I wrote them down they were not so outrageous and I know I will do what I want to do. So far, this has been one of the most empowering birthdays ever!

Return to Top
#368315 - 06/06/05 10:39 PM Re: Birthdays
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Ok, I'm 56 you'al and believe me it's better than the alternative! Some days I feel 56 in body but never in mind. My dad use to say your only as old as you feel and he "felt young" till the end. Enjoy your birthdays, the age one is "old" keeps getting further and further away!!

Return to Top
#368316 - 06/06/05 10:39 PM Re: Birthdays
Darlin Offline
Quote:

Hey, I'm only 21, and I have NEVER had a good birthday. Not one. To answer the original question, I have dreaded my birthday ever since I can remember.

Hey, I'm with you. Birthdays stopped being good when I got to that age (probably like 12) where I didn't want any attention (don't look at me, don't sing to me. Leave presents outside my door anonomously) My 18th was one of the worst.

Return to Top
#368317 - 06/06/05 10:45 PM Re: Birthdays
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

Quote:

Hey, I'm with you. Birthdays stopped being good when I got to that age (probably like 12) where I didn't want any attention (don't look at me, don't sing to me. Leave presents outside my door anonomously) My 18th was one of the worst.

LOL, and it's funny, every year my friends and family try to make my birthday special because they know how much mine have sucked and every year something happens. Like when I turned 15 me and my friends decided to go camping. What could go wrong camping? Some how, our tents caught on fire. Then just to make things better it ended up raining on us later that night as we tried to sleep. Yep I could really be alot happier if Birthdays were just discontinued.

Return to Top
#368318 - 06/07/05 01:23 PM Re: Birthdays
KAT Offline
Platinum Poster
Massachusetts
In a few weeks I'll be 53. I have never been happier. I have a great husband that I usually get along with, 2 daughters that picked awesome husbands and four grandchildren. If I was younger I wouldn't have this. I ache more now than before but I wouldn't give up the kids.

Return to Top
#368319 - 06/07/05 01:44 PM Re: Birthdays
Big Dog Offline
Power Poster
Big Dog
Kennel
Next month I turn 40. 30 was a non-event and it looks like 40 will be the same. I will be the same person I am today, just a little grayer, but the same person. There are days when I am trying to keep up with a bunch of 14-15 year olds playing baseball, but it's great, and I would not change a thing.

Always looking forward, not regretting the past.....age is nothing more than an experience meter, and I am not half full. Keep it coming.

Return to Top
#368320 - 06/07/05 02:55 PM Re: Birthdays
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Nicely said big-dog! I am 38 years old. When I turned 30, it didn't bother me much. I just got an email yesterday about my 20th class reunion, which just blows my mind that it has been that long since I've been out of school. But my life just gets better and better every year, so getting older just hasn't bothered me.

Return to Top
#368321 - 06/07/05 03:25 PM Re: Birthdays
Anonymous
Unregistered

I turned 36 two weeks ago (May 25th) I definitely don't feel that old. I was excited about the new Star Wars movie, I still say "dude" all the time, and my 17 year old sister and I have similar tastes in music.

Return to Top
#368322 - 06/08/05 06:15 PM Re: Birthdays
CHOIRBOY Offline
Stumptown, Oregon, U.S.A.
I turned 47 on May 6 and still enjoy acting like a teen! In fact, my three teen-age boys (19, 16, and 13)sometimes act older than me. And we share some common interests in music, though they all keep stealing my "classic rock" CDs! I probably wouldn't touch their "scream-o" music... It's cliche, but age is a state of mind. My favorite states are oblivion, denial and wonder.

Return to Top
#368323 - 06/08/05 06:38 PM Re: Birthdays
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I don't mind getting older. I enjoy the possibility of tomorrow...corney huh.

Return to Top
#368324 - 06/08/05 07:20 PM Re: Birthdays
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Every age is another one closer to antoher mile-stone. In a few months, i'll be able to rent a car!!! Not that I have anywhere to go, it's just the concept.
Hey mastermagee... Smile, this year will be better. Last year you were waiting impatiently for your daughter to come, and this year, you will be planning her first birthday!!1 That's exciting!!!

Return to Top
#368325 - 06/08/05 07:39 PM Re: Birthdays
RachelD Offline
Gold Star
I will be 25 in September. I am dreading it. I too have never had a good birthday something terrible always happens.

Return to Top
#368326 - 06/08/05 07:59 PM Re: Birthdays
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Birthdays started to bother me around my 50th, I'm 51. I know it's better than the alternative. I remember I had alot of friends freak when we were turning 25. For some reason life is going faster and the birthdays are getting closer

Return to Top
#368327 - 06/08/05 09:13 PM Re: Birthdays
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am 44 today. Woo hoo.

Return to Top
#368328 - 06/08/05 09:23 PM Re: Birthdays
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Happy Birthday Anon - if you would have registered we could have seen your cake and sang to you earlier!

Return to Top
#368329 - 06/09/05 04:38 PM Re: Birthdays
Ric30 Offline
100 Club
IN
Birthday partys were never fun for me. I hate the attention. I'll be 30 next week. My wife's birthday is 3 days after mine. For the last three years we've just gotten a bunch of friends to go to a wings place and just hang out and have some drinks. Since we started that I 've looked forward to birthdays.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2