Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#367 - 01/04/01 05:24 AM CRA Data
MRJ Offline
100 Club
MRJ
Does anyone know where the FDIC and other regulators get their data for census tract classification when they do CRA exams? Does this source provide the same results as the FFIEC geocoding? I ask this because I am finding that some census tracts are labeled low income on a prior exam, when the FFIEC gecoding shows $0 income, not available. Any thoughts?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#368 - 01/03/01 10:47 PM Re: CRA Data
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The income designations should all be based on the census and the CRA formulas. I don't know that there are any other "official" ways to do this. If there are differences, I'd ask my examiner (especially if it was not in my favor).

------------------
Andy Zavoina
Opinions stated are not necessarily that of my employer.

Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#369 - 01/04/01 01:32 AM Re: CRA Data
MRJ Offline
100 Club
MRJ
Andy, thanks for the reply. The more I look at this situation and research it the more it looks like they labeled unpopulated census tracts low-income. I have submitted a question to the FDIC and I am waiting for a response.

Return to Top
#370 - 01/04/01 01:39 PM Re: CRA Data
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
We have had similar situations, and we determined that one such tract was actually a ship in port during the 1990 decennial count. It showed $0 for income and virtually no demographic data. We excluded the tract from our delineated area, and included an explanation in our in-house documentation.

------------------
John Burnett
Cape Cod Bank and Trust

Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top