the sandy shore
Don't know, don't care, I hated her so wouldn't watch it anyway. ;D

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#370027 - 06/09/05 02:12 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I couldn't agree more. I cannot stand reality TV. It makes me feel very uncomfortable, so I don't watch it (and don't let my son watch either!).

Anon - I LOVE that show! Every time I eat King Crab legs I appreciate them a bit more! 100% injury rate...damn...that's really scary!

I am so taking vacation time one of these years and trying it out. I will only go with that sig guy. He has a nose for those insects of the sea.

Return to Top
#370028 - 06/14/05 04:04 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Dish on last night's show....

HOORAY! 2 of the most annoying players are gone!! With Jeff walking out and Wendy getting fired (so much for perfectionism), the show can only get better. Now to just get rid of Jess (blonde annoying chick on Blue) and smirky Chris (that's EXECUTIVE CHEF Chris to you) from Red.......

I was a little disappointed Ralph let Andrew take all the heat for the steak & peaches, when it was totally his idea - and then he nominated Andrew to boot.

Return to Top
#370029 - 06/14/05 04:26 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steak and Peaches ....gag. That was a bad choice. By the way, the women that "threw up" was nothing more than a drama queen. Even if the risotto was too salty I can't believe that it would have had that kind of effect.

Return to Top
#370030 - 06/14/05 05:25 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Sunshine_101 Offline
100 Club
Sunshine_101
What about Michael. The one with all the tattoos? He's quiet and does everything Chef asks him to, unsung hero.

Return to Top
#370031 - 06/14/05 05:29 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jitterbug--I think Michael will win. He is good in the kitchen and does what he is told.

Return to Top
#370032 - 06/14/05 05:33 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
This version is pretty tame compared to the UK version. After 9:30 ITV stops bleeping strong language, so it's really more entertaining. Gordon has managed to turn a basic 4-letter word into every part of speech, and in an odd way, a sort of punctuation.

The UK version was more like "Surreal Life" with C-List celebrities. In one episode a reasonably well known track athelete quit because the kitchen work was too hard. There were newspaper columns and editorials about it....

Return to Top
#370033 - 06/14/05 05:41 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Jitterbug--I think Michael will win. He is good in the kitchen and does what he is told.

It does what it is told or it gets the hose again.

Return to Top
#370034 - 06/14/05 05:44 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't care who you are: that's funny. Thanks for the chuckle.

Return to Top
#370035 - 06/14/05 10:15 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't care who you are: that's funny. Thanks for the chuckle.

It rubs the lotion on its body.

Return to Top
#370036 - 06/15/05 05:13 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

That was too funny. I wonder if I can get the people I work with to stand at attention and yell "Yes Chef" at me? Maybe then I could rule the world.

Return to Top
#370037 - 06/15/05 07:37 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
That would be fun wouldn't it. But then I would get the inclination to talk like the Swedish Chef from the Muppets.
Last edited by M.N.L.S.; 06/15/05 07:40 PM.

Return to Top
#370038 - 06/20/05 05:33 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
FWIW, the general thinking on my reality tv board seems to be leaning towards Elsie, Micheal or Ralph for the win.

Random, anything different or more concrete on TWOP?

Return to Top
#370039 - 07/06/05 02:32 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was Hell's Kitchen on this week? Did I miss it?

Return to Top
#370040 - 07/06/05 02:43 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
I'm not sure. I know there's a 2 hour show next week though.

Return to Top
#370041 - 07/06/05 03:35 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
No, I looked for it and it wasn't on, due to the 4th. Looking forward to next week though!

Return to Top
#370042 - 07/19/05 06:29 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can't belive that Elise got kicked off. I think Jessica deserved it. Michael & Ralph are just too... "full of themselves". I am sure that one of the two will win, but they don't have to act like they're "all powerful". I'm glad that Elise won the challenge. She deserved it. By the way, what does the winner get?

Return to Top
#370043 - 07/19/05 07:01 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
I think the winner gets their own restaurant.

Did you notice how Gordon was so complimentary to Elsie? He questioned her two times about the actions of her teammates. She never gave them up, very classy. I think he knew how she was being treated by the others and wanted to save her from what is only going to get worse. I wouldn't count Elsie out just yet. She may end up being a winner, just not of Hell's Kitchen. She did such a great job on the talk show, handled herself very well.

Return to Top
#370044 - 07/19/05 07:36 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Anonymous
Unregistered

I completely agree. Elsie was a class act that did not call the others on their conduct. The more she refused to belittle them, the lower Ralph's head went - and he should have been ashamed. I know it's a competition but one should never give up one's integrity or honor.

Return to Top
#370045 - 07/19/05 09:40 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I missed it. Elise did, or didn't get kicked off? I want Ralph to go, I can't stand him.

Return to Top
#370046 - 07/19/05 10:01 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, I was so bummed Elsie got the ax. She's a trooper. However, I don't know that I necessarily think she was up to opening her own restaurant under Chef Ramsay's guidance.

My predictions (NOT based on any spoiler data) - I say Michael goes home next week, leaving Ralph and Jess for the Dramatic Finale, and Jess loses. Giving Ralph the restaurant. I'd acutally rather see Michael go to the end, as I have NOT been impressed with Ralph the last couple of episodes. But I have a feeling it's Ralphie Boy.

Return to Top
#370047 - 07/20/05 02:05 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Anonymous
Unregistered

On the show, when it shows Jess, it states her occupation as "headhunter". What is that? I know that Ralph & Michael are chef's. But what's a head hunter?

Return to Top
#370048 - 07/20/05 02:06 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Headhunters are the ones who call you and ask if you are looking for a job because someone who they helped find a job told them you were thinking about maybe possibly considering a change of employer.

Return to Top
#370049 - 07/22/05 07:04 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Jess is such a whiner, nothing is ever her fault. Michael is slime, so I guess I'm cheering for Ralph by default.

Return to Top
#370050 - 07/26/05 02:38 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was glad to see Jessica leave last night. She was falling apart in the kitchen!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3