Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#37101 - 10/15/02 03:04 PM GLBA
GTS Offline
New Poster
Hendersonville, NC USA
I have heard that some banks have decided not to give out account information to anyone requesting even with a customer authorization. What are other banks doing about requests for account verifications, both deposit and loan?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#37102 - 10/15/02 03:52 PM Re: GLBA
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
It's business as usual (here) as long as we have customer authorization. I just don't see how any bank can just cut off this "service," especially when competitors are willing to provide the information. Of course, nothing happens without the customer authorization.

Return to Top
#37103 - 10/15/02 04:36 PM Re: GLBA
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I have not heard of this practice. Frankly, if I was applying for a mortgage loan, and my bank refused to verify account information for the lender, I would be VERY upset if I didn't get the loan.

Privacy and Information Security are one thing. Extreme paranoia and/or laziness at answering legitimate requests is quite another!

Return to Top
#37104 - 10/15/02 08:38 PM Re: GLBA
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
We get written customer authorization and have no problems with giving or getting info from area banks.

Return to Top
#37105 - 10/15/02 09:18 PM Re: GLBA
Anonymous
Unregistered

The mega banks stopped verifying funds over a year ago. The only way to get anything verified through the BIG guys is in writing with their customer's signature on it. Maybe they have the right idea and are trying to avoid a law suit.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett