Thread Options
#371540 - 06/10/05 01:14 PM A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
A special party announcement!

Please, everyone, be seated.

Two of our friendly fellow BOLers, Pizzaz & ExGovtBabe, are present to announce their special news. So, Kiwi and I thought that it would be special to host a virtual baby shower for them!

They are going to have babies!!!!

The Virtual Baby Shower
(please announce your gift for them)

Scene: Hotel garden room, with pink and blue balloons on every table. Warm sunshine is cascading down on our two proud mothers-to-be.

Luncheon: Vichyssoise, Maine lobster salad, lemon asparagus garnished with some violets. For dessert, it is a luscious strawberry cream cake, also garnished with violets.

Beverages: Champagne (always a must with lobster salad); sparkling fruit punch, Pellegrino

The presents are scattered on an immense table… even though it is second babies for both… there are some huge boxes… and some smaller boxes… all wrapped in pink and blue… although, some of us know for certain who is having a boy…

Kiwi and DQ purchased a Peg Perego carriage for each of them…

And… ooooooh…. Aaaaaahhh!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#371541 - 06/10/05 01:22 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I found Fisher Price Quick Response Baby Swings for both. They are just what I got for my own daughter, and I hope you both love them. Congratulations!!! BTW, the punch is yummy!

Return to Top
#371542 - 06/10/05 01:22 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I have purchased for each of them, a nanny to change all dirty diapers and for those pesky 4am feedings. And as a bonus, she is fat and very unattractive as to avoid those uncomfortable situations!!

Congratulations!!!

Return to Top
#371543 - 06/10/05 01:37 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I heart Beagle Queen!!!

Thanks, y'all! We're very excited that the Pumpkin (gender as yet unknown, check back with me a month from tomorrow) will be joining big sis Junebug in early December.

Return to Top
#371544 - 06/10/05 01:40 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Hey gang! Thanks everyone! Like my friend EGB, we're very excited that Kyle will be having a baby brother. 2 boys! I've already told hubby that he can take them golfing when they're older and I'll be heading to the spa! My little guy is due 10/30 only 3 days after my other. I hope it's not the same day!

Return to Top
#371545 - 06/10/05 01:44 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations!! My kids were both born in November 6 days apart and I had the same worry. Hope all goes well for both of you! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#371546 - 06/10/05 02:10 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Congrats both of you! Virtual life size stuffed bears for both of you!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#371547 - 06/10/05 02:29 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Congrats to you both!!

Beagle Queen took my answer, so, instead, I wish you both hubbys that will get up in the middle of the night and will stay home when the little tykes are ill. Mine does both and I don't know how I would have made it through the ear-infection winter without him!

Also, I'll throw in a years supply of diapers and formula if needed. And, of course, all the age-appropriate Star Wars toys for the big brother & sister

Finally, I virutally wish you both easy pregnancies and quick & painless deliveries

Return to Top
#371548 - 06/10/05 02:29 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I noticed that none of our male BOL friends have entered the room yet. Feel free guys, there is a bar too you know. Come celebrate with us!

Return to Top
#371549 - 06/10/05 02:36 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Congrats to both of you!!!! My gift is vibrating bouncy seats for both babies. Hope you enjoy.

Return to Top
#371550 - 06/10/05 02:37 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
My sister-in-law makes these cool things that go over a grocery cart seat or a restaurant high chair - so your little one isn't touching any part of those nasty things. They're called Kassi's Kart Kovers - in honor of my baby niece.

What colors/patterns would each of you like for yours? And congratulations to both of you!!!

Return to Top
#371551 - 06/10/05 02:41 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

My sister-in-law makes these cool things that go over a grocery cart seat or a restaurant high chair - so your little one isn't touching any part of those nasty things.

Now that is cool! I wish I had one when my monster was a baby!

Return to Top
#371552 - 06/10/05 02:47 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
Pam, When I saw you on Wednesday, I thought you looked a little bit like you might be "expecting", but, past experience has taught me never to ask that question! Congratulations to you and your hubby!!! EGB...Congratulations to you too!!!!

Return to Top
#371553 - 06/10/05 02:47 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Congrats to both of you!!! I hope you have a fun and enjoyable summer pregnancy!

And...Lestie, I want one of those cart covers too! My youngest puts EVERYTHING in his mouth...is that a boy thing because my girls never did that (but then again they were attached to their binky ).

Return to Top
#371554 - 06/10/05 02:54 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Each of you get a new diaper bag filled with binkys, baby wipes, bottles, rattles, teethers, wash cloths, hooded bath towel, travel pack of shampoo & baby wash, fresh bibs (I know what used ones are like), receiving blankets, onesies, plastic squeaky book, and other fun stuff! Each new baby deserves to not have to always use hand-me-downs! Congrats to both of you!

Return to Top
#371555 - 06/10/05 03:09 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Congratulations to you both! I am sending you a virtual licensed, bonded caregiver so that you and your hubbies can enjoy a night on the town...sans children!

Return to Top
#371556 - 06/10/05 03:18 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
8675309 Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the wind comes sweeping ...
I got you each a new digital camera and printer so you can try to take at least half as many pictures as the first time around! I had always heard that but didn't believe it until my 2nd grandbaby came along. I'm always forgetting the camera!

Return to Top
#371557 - 06/10/05 03:20 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
8675309 Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the wind comes sweeping ...
DQ - we're not going to have to play that goofy "don't cross your legs" shower game are we? I always am the first loser. In fact, my legs are already crossed so I'm out. Think I'll just go get another mimosa!

Return to Top
#371558 - 06/10/05 03:24 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Well, thanks for the invitation - I arrive with a virtual kiss.

Return to Top
#371559 - 06/10/05 03:24 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am giving you both the coolest thing to trhow into your DVD player, that both you and the babies can watch - http://www.animusic.com

Awesome stuff!

Congrats

Return to Top
#371560 - 06/10/05 03:29 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

DQ - we're not going to have to play that goofy "don't cross your legs" shower game are we? I always am the first loser. In fact, my legs are already crossed so I'm out. Think I'll just go get another mimosa!

No, there will be no ridiculous games or hats made of bows... We are all grownups here.

And, Mr. X, I am sure that was just what they wanted...

Return to Top
#371561 - 06/10/05 03:33 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Congratulations to you two. It's always good to hear such great news.

Return to Top
#371562 - 06/10/05 04:46 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I am virtually sending each of you a massage therapist once a week to help with those nasty aches and pains that can sometimes come about as baby grows! (Okay, I know it's not for the babies, but mommy needs to be pampered!)

By the way, congrats!!! How exciting for you both!

Return to Top
#371563 - 06/10/05 04:46 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Congratulations, I wish for both babies lots of virtual grandmas (and grandpas) with cuddly laps who will spoil them rotten.

Return to Top
#371564 - 06/10/05 05:02 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Congrats to you both. I'll send my wife out to get you something very special, that's her department.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3