Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#371565 - 06/10/05 05:31 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Quote:

Congratulations, I wish for both babies lots of virtual grandmas (and grandpas) with cuddly laps who will spoil them rotten.

and Aunties

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#371566 - 06/10/05 06:41 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
MMMMMMM - good Maine lobster salad! MMMMMMMMM....

And to go with the nannies, a reclining loveseat and large screen TV for both of you to cuddle with your hubbies in a big family snuggle while you watch DVD's and let the nanny take care of the newbie on family night!

Babies!!!! I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OK - asmittedly, I want a grandkid that I can play with and give back...)

Return to Top
#371567 - 06/10/05 06:42 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Congrats to both of you, wonderful news!! My gift to you is Tiny and his twin, Teensy, for the duration of your pregancy. They will go anywhere you need them to go for you to find the best treats and most obscure foods anytime, day or night. They will also run any other errands that you may need, afterall, who would mess with Tiny or Teensy?

Return to Top
#371568 - 06/10/05 06:44 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
Congrats to you both!! You deserve a couple of month's worth of maid service! I know that's what I would want!

We are expecting our second daughter in September....maybe there's something in the virtual water(cooler)??? Lookout ladies!

Return to Top
#371569 - 06/10/05 06:55 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

maybe there's something in the virtual water(cooler)??? Lookout ladies!

There better not be, I am done, D-O-N-E done!

Return to Top
#371570 - 06/10/05 06:57 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
Quote:

Quote:

maybe there's something in the virtual water(cooler)??? Lookout ladies!

There better not be, I am done, D-O-N-E done!

all the more reason to stick to virtual beer!

Return to Top
#371571 - 06/10/05 07:17 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
MaryBeth, that is sooooo cool! Thanks for the special stork and babycarriage link!!!

Return to Top
#371572 - 06/10/05 07:24 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Congratulations!!!!! Did you get the virtual tuna casseroles I sent???? Everyone needs a tuna casserole in the freezer for those nights when cooking is the very, very last thing you want to do.

Return to Top
#371573 - 06/10/05 07:27 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the gifts, they're all wonderful! I'm having an absolutely delightful time, glad you all could make it. Please, there's plenty of food and merriment left so help yourselves. Tell those at "the bar" they're welcome to join us as well.

Return to Top
#371574 - 06/10/05 07:30 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

MaryBeth, that is sooooo cool! Thanks for the special stork and babycarriage link!!!

You're welcome. I'm slooooow today. Lost my cable Internet connection for a while.

Congratulations, ladies! Hope you enjoy the chef that will be fixing the family meals for a few months and the assistant she brings to clean up and shop for groceries.

Return to Top
#371575 - 06/10/05 07:36 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
CUgirl Offline
Gold Star
South Mississippi
Congrats Ladies, I'll send ya something as soon as this storm blows over!!!

Return to Top
#371576 - 06/10/05 07:39 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I neglected to mention this in my last post, a huge thank you to Y (Devil Queen) and Kiwi for hosting and planning this shindig, I owe you. While I am unable to drink, the rest of your drinks today are on me!

Return to Top
#371577 - 06/10/05 07:46 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz
KAT Offline
Platinum Poster
Massachusetts
I am very happy for the two of you. My gift to you is a mirror like the one I made for my grandson. The top across the glass says "You've Got The Cutest" and the Bottom says "Little Baby Face". In the Center is a window cling with a picture taken in the bassenet the first time I saw him with his date of birth, height and weight. The window cling will be sent after we get to see the two charmers

Congratulations

Return to Top
#371578 - 06/10/05 07:52 PM A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
Congrats to both of you! Brought back memories when ExGovBabe was having her first, names and all -how fun to do it all over agan.

Sounds like a virtually kool baby shower!

Return to Top
#371579 - 06/10/05 07:57 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Congratulations to both. Although you have other kids we don't want the new ones to wear the hand me downs, so new clothes are on the way with a personal laundress.

Return to Top
#371580 - 06/10/05 08:14 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
So I virtually contacted Simon Delivers ... the online grocery-store-deliver-to-your-door company here. They'll virtually deliver anything from their website . I had to do some convincing to deliver to TX & MA, but they said, "what the hey."

I received a gift certificate there after T-Lady was born and it was awesome! One could easily be spoiled!

Return to Top
#371581 - 06/10/05 08:46 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
So grandmother that I am, I just finished whipping up 2 lovely crocheted afghans in cool sherbet colors to keep the lil' darlins' warm on the walks in their new strollers.

I'm working on "I'm the big sister(brother)" baskets for the #1s too. As the oldest myself, I know it helps to ease the entrance of the new little attention stealers!

Return to Top
#371582 - 06/10/05 09:10 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
bjp - you're a GRANDMOTHER???? All of those shopping cart races picking up supplies for the bar and you never lost your grip on the roll of wrapping paper as we whacked people senseless for parking in those handicapped spots without permits. I'm impressed!

Return to Top
#371583 - 06/10/05 09:24 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
Even though bjp gave you afghans, I'm also giving you each a handmade blanket. It's not crocheted, mind you. I'm not THAT crafty. But for Pizzaz it's baby blue polar fleece with white outlines of Pooh and on the other side it's pastel Classic Pooh with mostly blue. The two sides are attached with knots that I did myself (uh, no sewing required- not good at that). EGB, yours is pastel checkered on one side and pastel jungle scene on the other. They're both very soft and warm.

Also, EGB, you gotta give that link to all those crazy baby names again. I laugh so hard I get tears when I read them.

Congrats to you both!

Return to Top
#371584 - 06/10/05 09:33 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
No wonder you didn't hunt me down in Atlanta for that Coors Light, P. Congrats to both of you. EGB, it seems like yesterday that JuneBug was born. How time flies. Let's see, my gift to both of you is virtual babysitting - for those times when the nanny is gone and you need some time with the MOYL.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#371585 - 06/10/05 10:23 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
What can I say, MHS? If you thought getting carded was cool, wait until people tell you your daughter is so cute...and she's actually your granddaughter! I'm on my second time around on that ride and I'm still loving it.

And trust me, I plan on doing wheelies in shopping cart races when I'm 80! Some things you just have to keep yourself in shape for.

Return to Top
#371586 - 06/10/05 10:34 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
Quote:

What can I say, MHS? If you thought getting carded was cool, wait until people tell you your daughter is so cute...and she's actually your granddaughter! I'm on my second time around on that ride and I'm still loving it.

And trust me, I plan on doing wheelies in shopping cart races when I'm 80! Some things you just have to keep yourself in shape for.

Actually, the funniest reaction was my son's when one of his friends asked him if he had any idea just how "hot" his sister was - my son choked and said "Uh, NOOOO! She's my SISTER you idiot!"

Speaking of getting carded though... ... I got carded last Christmas buying beer - my husband choked so hard I thought we'd have to Heimlich him. The guy at the counter didn't realize we were together, then he thought it was my dad, then he saw my driver's license and rolled his eyes (the daughter mentioned above is working on her PhD). It's amazing how well you can keep in shape with those shopping cart races - trying to balance a wheelie is great for the abs! Unfortunately, it also explains the knees...

Return to Top
#371587 - 06/11/05 12:59 AM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Thanks again, y'all! All these virtual gifts are fabulous, I adore them - and you!

SPECIAL thanks to Kiwi and "Y" for being hostesses with the mostest - here is a virtual 2 dozen rose bouquet for you each. And THANK YOU to MB for the special icon/link, that really touched me! A dozen roses for you as well.

I'll try to remember to post the Bad Baby Names website on Monday - the link is on my laptop.

Return to Top
#371588 - 06/11/05 02:49 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Bad Baby Names I don't know if this is the link you're talking about but it cracked me up.

I wish you both easy pregnancies, super-strength epidurals (administered in month 8 just to be on the safe side), and happy, healthy babies. Many congrats

Return to Top
#371589 - 06/11/05 03:25 PM Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Congrats to you both!!!!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3