BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#373896 - 06/16/05 06:05 PM BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Well, Yahoo is already signing folks up for the next season of Fantasy Football, so I have set up the 2nd Annual FFL.

The League ID is: 76056

The Password is: complyordie

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#373897 - 06/16/05 06:12 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Well, I'm in.

Return to Top
#373898 - 06/16/05 06:24 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Through a great deal of skill and inattention by my opponent in the championship game, I won the darned thing last year. However, it is just too addicting, so, I will not participate this year. If you could keep us from monkeying with it during work hours, I might reconsider.

One recommendation I make to all the competitors: You don't have to pay a dime to play, but I'd pay the optional $10 for the full monte on Yahoo. You get "real time" scores and I believe you get more and better information on who to play and who to sit. It is worth it!

There are also some other cheap resources out there that will help you in draft your team and then help you during the season to decide on trades, picking up new players, and who to start. I'd sign up on at least one. For a total of $20 (Yahoo + another resource), you can be fully informed. I can't remember the name of the resources. Bengalfan, do you remember?

Return to Top
#373899 - 06/16/05 06:34 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

inattention by my opponent

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Return to Top
#373900 - 06/16/05 07:01 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm in... How does this league work? Head to head match ups or just a total score where everyone is up against everyone else? Thanks!

Return to Top
#373901 - 06/16/05 07:03 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
UKcatsFan Offline
100 Club
UKcatsFan
Anywhere but here
that was me

Return to Top
#373902 - 06/16/05 07:23 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
It's head to head matchups with the playoffs in the 14th, 15th and 16th weeks.

Return to Top
#373903 - 06/16/05 07:33 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
UKcatsFan Offline
100 Club
UKcatsFan
Anywhere but here
Nice, I like that way better... played in a cumulative score league last year, once someone gets out in front theres no catching them in that type of set up. Head to head gives people more of a fighting chance each week. Looking forward to it!

Return to Top
#373904 - 06/16/05 09:02 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Nice, I like that way better... played in a cumulative score league last year, once someone gets out in front theres no catching them in that type of set up. Head to head gives people more of a fighting chance each week. Looking forward to it!

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I was killing everyone during the regular season, made one last BAD trade at the end of the free agency period, and played like my team was the Buffalo Bills in a Super Bowl in the playoffs (you know, 4 Super Bowls, no Wins).

Return to Top
#373905 - 06/16/05 11:06 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
I'm in. When's the draft?

Return to Top
#373906 - 06/17/05 01:40 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Oh, the draft is a LONG way off. I'll run it two weeks before the regular season starts.

Return to Top
#373907 - 06/17/05 04:09 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I was killing everyone during the regular season, made one last BAD trade at the end of the free agency period, and played like my team was the Buffalo Bills in a Super Bowl in the playoffs (you know, 4 Super Bowls, no Wins).

Excuses are like noses.

That is not the way I remember it. What I thought happened is that the team that was killing everyone early in the year was depending on Priest Holmes and that team did not have the forsight of picking up his backup just in case he got hurt. He did get hurt. His backup had a phenomonal game the next week and the FFL team that had Holmes did not act quickly enough to pick up his backup, Larry Johnson. Then CubDave's team started kicking butt in the second half of the season, but he was relying on another player that eventually was injured--Terrell Owens.

My team was sucking wind because I was waiting around most of the season for Randy Moss to heal. Also, my QB was throwing for lots of yards, but could not find the endzone. And although they are not all that important to the game (usually), my TEs stunk!

To me the game is too dependent on TDs than yardage. I would lower the value of TDs to 4 points to prevent a fullback or tight end from having 12 points in a game on 6 yards rushing or catching. Just my opinion.

zaibatsu

Return to Top
#373908 - 06/17/05 04:11 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Z, I was killing everyone with Culpepper throwing to Moss until Moss got hurt. Fortunately I had Burleson, so it evened it up a bit, but a bad trade for someone who injured himself immediately after the trade was what hurt the most.

PS: Yardage WILL count for more this season, but a touchdown is 6 points in any football game
Last edited by Bengals Fan; 06/17/05 04:12 PM.
Return to Top
#373909 - 06/17/05 04:14 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
It is fairly common to have a QB passing touchdown only count for four points in FF. I've never seen receiving or rushing TDs scored for less than six points, though.

Return to Top
#373910 - 06/17/05 04:17 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Yardage will be a point per 20 yards this season instead of 50 yards.

Return to Top
#373911 - 06/17/05 04:28 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Z, I was killing everyone with Culpepper throwing to Moss until Moss got hurt. Fortunately I had Burleson, so it evened it up a bit, but a bad trade for someone who injured himself immediately after the trade was what hurt the most.

PS: Yardage WILL count for more this season, but a touchdown is 6 points in any football game

Check again. I had Burleson. Did you trade him to me early in the year because I know I had him.

Also, many FFLs do not give 6 points per touchdown. It makes the league too TD dependent and makes a few players worth a lot more than other otherwise productive players. I think it would be a more competitive league and much more interesting if TDs were downgraded to 4 points.

Return to Top
#373912 - 06/17/05 04:37 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Hrmn maybe that was my other Culpepper league...

Return to Top
#373913 - 06/18/05 03:10 AM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
I'm in.

Return to Top
#373914 - 06/18/05 02:15 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
buckeye964 Offline
New Poster
buckeye964
Ohio
I'm in.

Return to Top
#373915 - 06/18/05 05:07 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Oh yeah, I'm in!! In response to Z, I like high scoring leagues. Keep TD's at 6, but give points for reception, completions and yardage. A possession receiver that puts up 100 catches and few TD's...possibly even few yards, may be solely responsible for getting his team to the playoffs....that is something that can be rewarded with this kind of scoring system.

Good luck to all!!

Return to Top
#373916 - 06/18/05 09:10 PM Re: BOL 2nd Annual Fantasy Football League
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Oh yeah, I'm in!! In response to Z, I like high scoring leagues. Keep TD's at 6, but give points for reception, completions and yardage. A possession receiver that puts up 100 catches and few TD's...possibly even few yards, may be solely responsible for getting his team to the playoffs....that is something that can be rewarded with this kind of scoring system.

Good luck to all!!

This is Z. Doesn't really matter what I say anyway because I am not in this year. I, like CubDave, get too caught up in it.

Return to Top