Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#375767 - 06/21/05 06:48 PM loan reviewer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can anyone give me some feedback for loan review. I review pre-funded and closing docs and post closed loans. I am wondering if I should also be the person to chase down the missing docs or get the corrected documents or get the errors corrected. Just wondering and any input would be helpful Thank you.

Return to Top
Audit
#375768 - 06/21/05 06:58 PM Re: loan reviewer
Anonymous
Unregistered

You should send the missing items and the items that can be corrected to the loan officer/loan clerk and request that copies of missing items and copies of corrections be sent to you by a certain date - I report to the board all missing documentation and errors that can be corrected that are outstanding. It's out of my hands after I report them and up to the senior loan officer to get involved. You shouldn't be the one that goes and gets the missing documentation nor the items that can be corrected.

Return to Top
#375769 - 06/21/05 07:42 PM Re: loan reviewer
SLU Voice Offline
Gold Star
SLU Voice
Hammond, LA
In my bank, if there are missing/incorrect items when a loan is checked in, an exception is noted, and the senior lender gets an exception report. The loan officer is responsible for getting the document/making the correction. If at the end of 90 days the exception is still listed on the exception report, the loan officer does not get credit for the loan, and his/her incentive is affected. Hit 'em where it hurts...in the pocketbook.

Return to Top
#375770 - 06/21/05 08:05 PM Re: loan reviewer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the input, that's what I thought as well but I am new and wanted some feedback from people in the know. I appreciate your time.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z