Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#377669 - 06/27/05 05:31 PM Names to Collect
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
I was told today that the OCC is requiring mortgage lenders to obtain and store in their computer system an applicant's full name, including the middle name. Can anyone verify that this is true? I cannot find anything to back this up. Our computer system has a place for the middle initial, but not the entire middle name.

Thanks to anyone that can answer this.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#377670 - 06/28/05 02:00 AM Re: Names to Collect
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Told by whom? Never heard of it.

Return to Top
#377671 - 06/28/05 03:14 AM Re: Names to Collect
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I haven't heard that; might be an individual examiner. I heard lots of unusual when the OCC was in but not that.

But what would your system do with my father's name, he goes by J. James xxx. He doesn't use the name that the first initial stands for and if you put James for the first name and then want a middle initial there is none. Seems odd (the system, not his name).
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#377672 - 06/28/05 02:44 PM Re: Names to Collect
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
Thanks for the responses.

Kaybee, in the case of your father's name, I would put J.James in the first name slot and leave the middle initial blank. I know that this is a common occurrence as one of the men that works close to me signs his name with an initial, his middle name and last name.

Return to Top
#377673 - 06/28/05 05:19 PM Re: Names to Collect
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
Quote:

.... But what would your system do with my father's name, he goes by J. James xxx. He doesn't use the name that the first initial stands for .....

That is a common enough problem - my wife goes by her middle name and uses her first initial only, and she has three cousins (different parents, to boot!) who go by their middle names. Heaven help anyone who calls Mrs Turkey by her first name, but banks' systems don't always accommodate the whims and peculiarities of people's names.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z