Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#379481 - 06/30/05 05:21 PM Opening First Branch in Texas
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've learned a great deal from reading the Texas Threads but have lots to learn now that we're starting plans to open the first branch of our state bank in Texas. I'm assuming the lobby notices applicable to Texas law will apply to our Texas Branch. Does anyone know how to obtain a complete list of Texas required notices? Any help from the Texas Experts would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
#379482 - 06/30/05 06:29 PM Re: Opening First Branch in Texas
Rainbow Girl Offline
Gold Star
Midtown
I am not in TX, but I recently had to open a new branch. Are you talking about FDIC Signage? You can call the FDIC warehouse at 703-516-5660 for information. You have to request it on letterhead.
For fair housing, federal funds availibility,annual disclosure, community reinvestment and HMDA. You can use Bankers systems. You have to have an account with them so I guess that would be a start. They have a website. Sorry I don't know how to make it a link. Hope this helps.

Return to Top
#379483 - 06/30/05 09:44 PM Re: Opening First Branch in Texas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for your help. I have faxed a list of notices that we'll need from FDIC today. Just wondering if I'll need state specific notices for this Texas Branch?

Return to Top
#379484 - 07/01/05 06:10 PM Re: Opening First Branch in Texas
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Check out Business and Commerce Code and 7 TAC 3.34 (Once on this page, look to the left side of your screen and click on the "+" next to "Banks and Foreign Bank Agencies." Then click on the "+" next to "Rules." Then click on the "+" next to CHAPTER 3. STATE BANK REGULATION (TITLE 7; PART 1). Then click on "ยง3.34 Posting of Notice in All Financial Institutions Regarding Requirements for Certain Loan Agreements To Be in Writing"

While you are at this site, scroll down and check out Chapter 11 of the Rules.

Return to Top
#379485 - 07/05/05 02:59 PM Re: Opening First Branch in Texas
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Zandra, is there any truth to the rumor that you are being named to take Sandra's place?

Return to Top
#379486 - 07/05/05 06:52 PM Re: Opening First Branch in Texas
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Zilch!

Return to Top
#379487 - 07/07/05 02:53 PM Re: Opening First Branch in Texas
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're awesome!

Return to Top
#379488 - 07/13/05 05:53 PM Re: Opening First Branch in Texas