Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#380669 - 07/13/05 07:06 PM Re: Selfish SIL
Cathy P Offline
Gold Star
Cathy P
NE
My husband's grandma and aunt has talked about the use of castor oil. I don't know if it works or not. I am 32 weeks pregnant at the moment and am somewhat uncomfortable. My first child unexpectedly arrived at 34 weeks and had to spend a week in the hospital (mostly so that she would gain weight). I am really hoping this baby boy lasts until at least 37 weeks. Yes, it's hot and yucky outside and yes, it is difficult to carry this beach ball around sometimes, but seeing your baby in the hospital and having to go home without her for a week is really tough.

Return to Top
#380670 - 07/15/05 08:17 PM Re: Selfish SIL
Snowgirl Offline
Platinum Poster
DAD is my initials and yes it really worked for me. This part is kind of personal, but my husband and I also had sex, which is said to help bring on labor. As for being dehydrated, that was not the problem. A lady I worked for said "Castor Oil turned her inside out after drinking a bottle!" I only took a teaspoon the first time and three teaspoons the second time, so I did not have any other "symptoms" from the Castor Oil. I simply took it like a dose of cough syrup followed by a glass of orange juice and went to bed around 9:00 both times. I woke up around 2:00 a.m. with both of them and went to the hospital around 8:00 a.m. and had both of them by 3:00 & 4:00 in the afternoon. A friend of mine had taken it when she was two weeks past her due date and she recomended it to me. Also I asked our Lamaze teacher if there was anything we could do to speed up the arrival and she said there are a bunch of Old Wives Tales one of them being Castor Oil and another Sex. So I did them both and either one of them or the combination of the two worked for me. Cathy: I am so sorry your first was born early and am sending prayers that this next one will hang in there longer. I can only imagine how hard it was to leave your child in the hospital.

Return to Top
#380671 - 07/18/05 04:54 PM Re: Selfish SIL
Anonymous
Unregistered

Baby girl is here and everything went fine. I guess I worried for nothing. Mom and baby are healthy and doing well.

Return to Top
#380672 - 07/18/05 05:05 PM Re: Selfish SIL
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Glad to hear everything worked out ok. Congrats on the new baby niece.

Return to Top
#380673 - 07/18/05 06:44 PM Re: Selfish SIL
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Baby girl is here and everything went fine. I guess I worried for nothing. Mom and baby are healthy and doing well.

Congrats to all!

Return to Top
#380674 - 07/18/05 06:45 PM Re: Selfish SIL
Anonymous
Unregistered

Blessings!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett