Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#383914 - 07/11/05 03:07 PM ACH Audit
Maya Offline
100 Club
South Carolina
I have been asked to perform the 2005 ACH audit as required by NACHA. I have a copy of the ACH Audit 2005 handbook but it is very confusing for a new comer. Any suggestions on how to get started and how to proceed with audit? I am in compliance.

Return to Top
Audit
#383915 - 07/11/05 03:12 PM Re: ACH Audit
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
It might help if you go through the audit procedures from the handbook with the head of the ACH department in a way that allows you to document, in a narrative, the processes and procedures followed by the department. Also obtain all their written policies and procedures for your review prior to actually beginning the audit. This way, you will know what you are looking for and at as you go through the steps of your audit.

Return to Top
#383916 - 07/11/05 07:04 PM Re: ACH Audit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your local ACH Association holds classes on ACH Rules. I strongly suggest you go to one of those classes, or ask if there is a teleconference they sponsor on the subject.

Return to Top
#383917 - 07/29/05 06:11 PM Re: ACH Audit
crashomatic Offline
New Poster
Virginia
I'll second the purchase of the audit program from your area ACH expert (I think this was posted in the other thread.) I went to two days of ACH training, I had no previous experience with ACH and purchased the audit program. It walks you right thru the audit and points you into the right direction as to which section of the rules that the step pertains to.

Return to Top
#383918 - 07/29/05 07:52 PM Re: ACH Audit
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
If you are not familiar with the ACH function in your bank I would definitely take the time to attend (or do a telephone seminar) on ACH rules. Our state association offers ACH Rules 101 quite frequently. I would also spend some time with your bank's ACH coordinator. After that, the handbook that you already have shouldn't be so confusing.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z