Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#384834 - 07/13/05 03:46 PM FDIC Logo
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am doing a signage review for my branches and I have come across name plates with the FDIC logo on them and it is not the 7x3 that I understand is required by 12 CFR 328.1. They are not the black and gold either but I did find an Advisory Opinion dated 4/1/92 that states the black and gold is not a regulatory requirement but when ordered from the FDIC this is the type that is sent. But I find nowhere that indicates the size should be any different than the 7x3. Could anyone help clear this up for me.

Also, 12 CFR 328.2, exactly what does that mean? It makes it sound as if it is ok to have any size??

Thanks for any help.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#384835 - 07/13/05 03:57 PM Re: FDIC Logo
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The official sign appears as it does in §328.1(a) but color is not a requirement. The size is.

What part of §328.2 leads you to believe the size may be adjusted? (b)(2) is close but indicates to me that you may get other signage that is different from vendors. But those may not necessarily be "official signs" of which §328.2(a) requires.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#384836 - 07/13/05 04:30 PM Re: FDIC Logo
Anonymous
Unregistered

To be honest, I think just the fact that you can order different signs/sizes from vendors is the part I don't understand. Why would you want to and where would you use them??

So, even though my branches have these nice name plates with the FDIC logo, at the teller windows they will still need the official size 7x3. Correct?
Thanks for your response.

Return to Top
#384837 - 07/13/05 05:09 PM Re: FDIC Logo
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Yes. That does get confusing. When you have nicer looking, decor oriented, signs someone may take down the official signs and bam, violation. I've seen this more than once. Generally the one intended to replace the official sign is much smaller. That would not meet the requirements.

These are available so that you may more often promote the fact that you are insured, without requiring the correct size. But they are not a replacement.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#384838 - 07/13/05 06:31 PM Re: FDIC Logo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks very much for you help..

Return to Top
#384839 - 07/13/05 06:31 PM Re: FDIC Logo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks very much for you help..

Return to Top
#384840 - 07/14/05 03:51 PM Re: FDIC Logo
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Quote:

... When you have nicer looking, decor oriented, signs someone may take down the official signs and bam, violation...Generally the one intended to replace the official sign is much smaller. That would not meet the requirements.

So size matters !

Return to Top
#384841 - 07/14/05 04:15 PM Re: FDIC Logo
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
In compliance, yes. Your examiner would not accept the fact that your signs are smaller, but you show them off more frequently.

Now get your mind out of the gutter, Lois.

Return to Top
#384842 - 07/15/05 02:01 PM Re: FDIC Logo
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
OK it's out of the gutter.

But what a great way to remember the requirement!

Return to Top